The Student Room Group

Government Finance Profession (GFP) Grad scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I got the email to say I passed as well..shock!!
Reply 81
Lookin on the flow chart I think it means I passed the tests but my application answers weren't very good. O well I requested feedback :smile:
Reply 82
Ahh good i hope they give you feedback! Helps to know what they were looking for.

James303 congrats firstly! Also, do you know if we get to choose what qualification we do?
it says sign yourself up to an AC... which one am I supposed to go for, any of the top 3 I chose?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by 8inchestall
Ahh good i hope they give you feedback! Helps to know what they were looking for.

James303 congrats firstly! Also, do you know if we get to choose what qualification we do?
it says sign yourself up to an AC... which one am I supposed to go for, any of the top 3 I chose?

Me too and I thought everyone studies the cipfa qualification?
Reply 84
No "institutes supported":
CIMA, blah blah ICAEW Am i right in thinking I could get the ACA out of it?
Reply 85
No "institutes supported":
CIMA, blah blah ICAEW Am i right in thinking I could get the ACA out of it?

Icaew is the aca lol
Reply 86
Great got invite but 8.30 start, early when consider travel.
Reply 87
Original post by daindian
Icaew is the aca lol

Yeh that's what I mean, so we don't all study towards cipfa (don't even know what that is! haha)
I'm just wondering whether we get a choice of qualification or if they allocate one to us!
Reply 88
Yeh that's what I mean, so we don't all study towards cipfa (don't even know what that is! haha)
I'm just wondering whether we get a choice of qualification or if they allocate one to us!

They must let you chose because each qualification is different, eg CIMA is management accountant etc
Reply 89
I think you get the chance to change your top 3 at the AC if you want to, so I guess book with whichever departments you're most interested in.

As I understand it with some depts you can choose which qualification you do (choices may be limited to CIPFA/CIMA) with others you can't, but I don't have a comprehensive list of which.

Got my email this morning (and booked!) so congrats to everybody who's passed, hopefully see some of you there!
Reply 90
Original post by sun dog
I think you get the chance to change your top 3 at the AC if you want to, so I guess book with whichever departments you're most interested in.

As I understand it with some depts you can choose which qualification you do (choices may be limited to CIPFA/CIMA) with others you can't, but I don't have a comprehensive list of which.

Got my email this morning (and booked!) so congrats to everybody who's passed, hopefully see some of you there!

My top 3 at the beginning all offered ACA/ICAEW. I'm confused by your first paragraph, do I only book the department I most want to go into or I can book several?
Reply 91
My top 3 at the beginning all offered ACA/ICAEW. I'm confused by your first paragraph, do I only book the department I most want to go into or I can book several?

Ah Ok, I didn't know which qualifications were available, I only knew it wasn't solely CIPFA as I know some do CIMA. Where is it set out?

I meant each day has representatives from 2 or more depts, so to book the day for the depts you're most interested in, I'm pretty sure you can only book one day. Sorry for the confusion!
Reply 92
Original post by sun dog
Ah Ok, I didn't know which qualifications were available, I only knew it wasn't solely CIPFA as I know some do CIMA. Where is it set out?

I meant each day has representatives from 2 or more depts, so to book the day for the depts you're most interested in, I'm pretty sure you can only book one day. Sorry for the confusion!

click here
http://www.financegraduates.civilservice.gov.uk/fe/tpl_capita26.asp?newms=info48

and choose your desired dept, they have a pdf about it and what qualification it supports. For example DWP has a few (CIMA, ICAEW) So I am hoping I can choose ICAEW and they wont put me onto CIMA
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 93
Does anyone know how many vacancies they have?? I guess it's the economics fast stream for me lol
Reply 94
Does anyone know how many vacancies they have?? I guess it's the economics fast stream for me lol

i think each department has their own vacancies, the pdf says eg
DWP has 5 vacancies,
MOJ has 6 vacancies
DoEdu has 1-2 vacancies

They dont even have an assessment centre for education though so i dont know.

My mum just gave me an article saying "1000 jobs to go as Gove cuts costs in half" from Ministry of Justice and Dept of Education... errr great (!)
Reply 95
i think each department has their own vacancies, the pdf says eg
DWP has 5 vacancies,
MOJ has 6 vacancies
DoEdu has 1-2 vacancies

They dont even have an assessment centre for education though so i dont know.

My mum just gave me an article saying "1000 jobs to go as Gove cuts costs in half" from Ministry of Justice and Dept of Education... errr great (!)

That's not many!! The economics fast stream has around 190!! Across all departments.. Yh apparently there's also a recruitment freeze
Reply 96
woooow! Good luck for your econ one. I didnt get through fast track the etray last year haha.

Also for people that have booked: I am trying to access essential document and prep but the links don't work. Anyone else having this problem?

edit: nevermind I called them to sort it out.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 97
woooow! Good luck for your econ one. I didnt get through fast track the etray last year haha.

Also for people that have booked: I am trying to access essential document and prep but the links don't work. Anyone else having this problem?

edit: nevermind I called them to sort it out.

Thanks.. You too!! I Who knows we might be in the same department at the end of this process lol
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 98
Does anyone know how to best prepare for the assessment centre?
Reply 99
I failed the competency sift, what ever that means..

Is this the personality questionnaire, what was it like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending