The Student Room Group

Apply once or twice

Hi Guys

I am definitely applying to QUB to study History SH, however I really want an offer as it is very likely to be my first choice.

Do you recommend that I apply twice to Queens, such as for a joint History and Politics degree to improve my chances of getting an offer? With the way entry requirements work depending on what I chose I could have two Queen's courses as both firm and insurance.

In my AS Levels I achieved 4 As and I am currently studying History, Geography and Economics, all of which I am predicted atleast an A in. I have alot of work, roles and volunteering experience involving history.

My careers teachers thinks that I should have no problem getting an offer from Queens but he did suggest looking into using QUB for two choices. Any advice?
Reply 1
I would sya that with AS Grades like those, you could apply anywhere you wanted really!! I know another from my school who achieved those and she's sitting on two offers already for history from exeter and york!!

I didnt get the same grades but im predicted at least ABB and I applied to queens twice, you do stand a better chance and queens is a great uni, despite what some people would like to say about northern irish uni's!! I would strongly recommend considering two choices!! Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending