The Student Room Group

Best BBB uni for Maths?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MissBetBet
Accountancy with a D in maths? Sure you're up for it dear? :/

I got an A in GCSE Maths, the unis that I am applying to only ask for a B grade at GCSE. So, I have already exceeded the entry requirement. Plus, Accountancy does not involve a lot of the advanced maths. Only, subtracting, adding and some other formulas. No sin cos tan, trigonometry, logarithms, radian measure etc.
Reply 21
Accountancy with a D in maths? Sure you're up for it dear? :/

So many kinder ways you could have worded that, but does raise a valid point.
Then again, I know nothing of the Accountancy course.
OP, please note - RUSSELL GROUP UNIVERSITIES ARE NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL. Do not dismiss Sussex or other good universities due to them not being in this group. If you are very interested in research, then a RG would be great - if not, then look at others as well and on their own merit.
Original post by Thr33

Yes but I got an A in GCSE Maths, and all the unis I am applying to require a B. So, I have already exceeded the requirement plus Accountancy does not encompass all maths. Its mainly adding, subtracting and just some other formulas. It doesn't involve trignometric identities, co-ordinate geometry in the xy plane or the bionominal expansion.
Reply 24
Original post by Thr33

Didn't mean to be harsh... Was genuinely surprised :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
I got an A in GCSE Maths, the unis that I am applying to only ask for a B grade at GCSE. So, I have already exceeded the entry requirement. Plus, Accountancy does not involve a lot of the advanced maths. Only, subtracting, adding and some other formulas. No sin cos tan, trigonometry, logarithms, radian measure etc.

I see. I don't know much about an Accountancy course either, but I just would have suspected more fluency with numbers would be required, that's all.
Is there no requirement for A2 maths?
I see. I don't know much about an Accountancy course either, but I just would have suspected more fluency with numbers would be required, that's all.
Is there no requirement for A2 maths?

No there is no requirement for ALevel Maths. Except for Bath, LSE, New Castle-every other uni says GCSE Mathematics at grade B and royal holloway says grade A. So, I have already exceeded/met the minimum requirement for the course.

:beard:
Reply 27
Good Russel group unis for Maths would be either Edinburgh, Bristol, New Castke, Queen Mary and Queens Belfast.

I love Heriot Watt, it's an amazing uni!

Other possible BBB unis include:

Dundee
Keele
Nottingham Trent
Westminister
Brighton
Oxford Brookes
Lincoln

New Castke University, with a space and a K? Wow, Newcastle's (or New Castke's) rebranding is very ... different
[QUOTE=Mamet;39978751]New Castke University, with a space and a K? Wow, Newcastle's (or New Castke's) rebranding is very ... different

If I wrote that intentionally then that would have been bad, alas, I didn't though. It was a typing error due to fast typing! :upyours:
Reply 29
No there is no requirement for ALevel Maths. Except for Bath, LSE, New Castle-every other uni says GCSE Mathematics at grade B and royal holloway says grade A. So, I have already exceeded/met the minimum requirement for the course.

:beard:

Good for you! nice find! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest