The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Durham are really really slow; when I applied last year I withdrew my application from them in the middle of February. They seem to work on the basis that they just hold out and out and out and out so that all of those who applied to them to fill the 5/in case they didn't get an offer from elsewhere and wouldn't take the offer withdraw.
kent sent me offer 12 hours after my app. was sent
Anyone know how fast is Newcastle?...
I had offers from Manchester, Birmingham and Loughborough in three weeks. Leicester took about two months, and Leeds took the best part of 6 months to get around to telling me that they were going to offer me an alternative course (no, ta).

However, as these things are done at a department, not university, level, these things can vary quite a lot within universities.

Edit: to clarify (because I had a PM about it!) I applied in 2009 during the UCAS 2010 cycle.
(edited 11 years ago)
Are you all medics? I'm going to study business and applying to Liverpool, Sheffield, UEA Kent and maybe Manchester, should they get back to me before the new year if I send my application off mid november?

Many thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by GemmaSmith
Are you all medics? I'm going to study business and applying to Liverpool, Sheffield, UEA Kent and maybe Manchester, should they get back to me before the new year if I send my application off mid november?

Many thanks

I thought you were applying to Nottingham; what happened?
Scottish uni's are notoriously slow.
Might still apply to Nottingham haha!

Many thanks

Thought medics had to send off their application by last Monday ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SortYourLife
Applying to Salford, Liverpool, Aberystwyth, UCLAN and Nottingham. Anyone know how long these take to reply ? Application not sent off yet as waiting for my teacher to do my reference !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't know about the others but I know 3 people who have already got offers from Liverpool after just over a week and they have all applied for completely different courses :smile:
Original post by cookiemonsters
Also would like to know whether international applicants tend to receive offers later? For Warwick UCL Nottingham (:

I received my international offer last year for Nott. early November (didn't go).
Reply 31
Original post by JakeE10
I got offers from Aston and Leeds within 2 weeks of sending my application off

Leeds eeeeek! What for?!

Reply 32
Liverpool got back to me after 8 days for Maths, I have heard of a few people recieving offers from here.

its October.
Last year I had an interview at York in November but didn't get an offer until April - infuriating!
Reply 35
Unis received my application on the 7th Nov, got an offer from UWE on the 7th Nov

Many thanks

I applied to Liverpool for accounting (business department as well at the beginning of October and it was my first offer and came just a week later! So I think they're pretty fast :smile:

I also know someone with an offer from Sheffield for Business and a couple of people with offers from Manchester and UEA for Economics and Geography, so they are definitely giving them out.
Reply 37
My college has sent my UCAS on 18th of Dec, and I got a offer for Mathematics and Fiance at City University on the following day :colondollar:
Reply 38
Original post by papatwo
I applied for IC UCL KCL Edinburgh and none of them give me an offer. KCL even hasn't sent the confirmation letter yet. :frown:

I think Bath is really quick, two of my classmates have got from it.

and maybe we can discuss those slowest ones as well

Most of your unis are London unis; they're going to take their time, trust me. UCL is notoriously known for being late with their UCAS replies (I got my offer around March-April!), Imperial are also generally slow, King's are usually average-slow. I don't know anything about Edinburgh.
i know im an unusual case but i didn't get my offer until 2 weeks before uni started (one week before freshers :eek:)

but im a mature student that only applied to one place and i applied direct rather than through ucas as i dont have any ucas points

Latest

Trending

Trending