The Student Room Group

Pursue or drop it?

Last week I started talking to a girl when I was out with some friends. We got on really well (spoke for like two hours) and all the "indicators" were there, she turned into me to talk, came back to me after going to the bar/toilet, we got a bit touchy feely and ended up making out for a bit at the end of the night. I got her number and we'd been texting over the weekend from about Friday time.

She's a bit slow at replying but whatever, I asked her out on the weekend but she was busy and offered an alternate day. The conversation moved on and the day before I asked her but she was busy again as I hadn't asked. Anyway, I saw her again yesterday when we were both out again and she was completely different. Didn't make eye contact very much, didn't return after a break. SHe did sit with me alone for a bit to talk but she sat very upright and had her hands in her lap, we chatted for about 20 minutes. THis time she was pretty much sober and I was quite drunk though where as the first time we were both pretty sober. She's told me she's shy but I'm still a bit confused. Just before I left I asked her if she fancied that drink next week then and she said she's not going out much next week because she has to catch up on work which seems like a lame excuse.

Is this clear enough signals to drop it? Not sure if I should send her a text along the lines of sorry if I was a pain/asking if I said something stupid drunk but I'm just confused how her attitude switched so quickly. I'm pretty **** at signals/etc I wish girls would just say nah, not up for that anymore if she'd changed her mind.
I would recommend dropping it. maybe she suddenly felt that she was being very available to you and is trying to change that?
if that were the case, then it would be good on your part to act not so available either.

personally, I hate these games and I completely agree with you: why can't people just say no thanks no longer interested and get it over with?
Reply 2
Original post by strawberry
I would recommend dropping it. maybe she suddenly felt that she was being very available to you and is trying to change that?
if that were the case, then it would be good on your part to act not so available either.

personally, I hate these games and I completely agree with you: why can't people just say no thanks no longer interested and get it over with?

Well i text her when i was bored on the train earlier and no reply, this was about 2 hours ago. Ill take that as conclusive evidence, i must have done something stupid when i was drunk. Oh well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending