The Student Room Group

How do you make yourself unnattracted to a girl you like

My grandparents always told me to stay away from women of other ethnicities because they are scheming and unfaithful. I went to an all boys school but i started college last month and ive never really been around many women like this so college is a big change for me and in biology class there is this girl who was seated next to me. she is beuautiful, very polite and very friendly. Im a bit shy which a lot of people mistake for arrogance but she seems to understand this and even though the first few times we met during class when the teacher wanted to acquaint us with each other i said very little and felt was actually a bit rude to her but she looked past this and even sits next to me during lunch sometimes saying its good to see a familiar face.

I feel my heart sink sometimes when i see her and i forget about all my worries and trouble when shes with me. Is this what is known as infatuation? Ive never been on a date befor and really want to ask this girl out

But then reality sinks in as i know that my family would practically disown me if i was to ever be with this girl because shes not the same race and especially religion as me. And i do love my family too, they have looked after me my whole life and icant just desert them. but the more i see her the more i seem to be falling for her. Shes SO nice and i think about her all the time

What should i do? Im so confused
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Ignore your racist family.
Reply 2
It's YOUR life. Not theirs. If you live your life to please them, how will you ever be happy? And you really can't make yourself unattracted to someone. Why do you think their are so many posts about how to get over an ex? because it's really, really hard to suddenly stop liking someone.
what race are you???

get over it ignore your family
Reply 4
Original post by Magic96
My grandparents always told me to stay away from women of other ethnicities because they are scheming and unfaithful. I went to an all boys school but i started college last month and ive never really been around many women like this so college is a big change for me and in biology class there is this girl who was seated next to me. she is beuautiful, very polite and very friendly. Im a bit shy which a lot of people mistake for arrogance but she seems to understand this and even though the first few times we met during class when the teacher wanted to acquaint us with each other i said very little and felt was actually a bit rude to her but she looked past this and even sits next to me during lunch sometimes saying its good to see a familiar face.

I feel my heart sink sometimes when i see her and i forget about all my worries and trouble when shes with me. Is this what is known as infatuation? Ive never been on a date befor and really want to ask this girl out

But then reality sinks in as i know that my family would practically disown me if i was to ever be with this girl because shes not the same race and especially religion as me. And i do love my family too, they have looked after me my whole life and icant just desert them. but the more i see kate the more i seem to be falling for her. Shes SO nice and i think about her all the time

What should i do? Im so confused

Are you fu'ckin serious? Who gives a **** what your grandparents said its a load of bs! Like anyone you want to like and ask them out regardless of their race...why shouldn't you date someone who you like just because of their race? Did you really need to post this on Tsr to be told this bro its common sense :facepalm2:
Reply 5
Just be more conscious of the fact that, while you may be smitten with Kate, to her you're probably "the weirdo in biology that keeps staring at me".
Reply 6
I personally agree with you all and im not racist at all myself so maybe the best thing is to just ask her out anyway and if my family ditch me and give all inheritances to my brother later on then ill have to live with that.

i guess i was jst wondering if anyone else has ever found themself in this kind of position
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Yawn11
Just be more conscious of the fact that, while you may be smitten with Kate, to her you're probably "the weirdo in biology that keeps staring at me".

Good point, im pretty sure she does like me, the signs are all there but i cant be certain at this point
Reply 8
Original post by Magic96
im pretty sure she does like me, the signs are all there but i cant be certain at this point

This is how 90% of people feel when they like someone. Fact is you'll never know for sure till you man up and let her know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending