The Student Room Group

2013 medicine offers

I have heard a lot of rumours about people getting offers for MEDICINE already but have yet spoken to anyone with an offer. Please post if you have an offer and can you state what uni? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

I think medicine applicants are more likely to be getting interviews at this stage, rather than offers.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
I would suggest that is all they are... rumours.
Reply 3
Anyone with any interviews?
Reply 4
Original post by dagooner
I have heard a lot of rumours about people getting offers for MEDICINE already but have yet spoken to anyone with an offer. Please post if you have an offer and can you state what uni? Thanks

All the information you are looking for can be found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2013_Entry
Reply 5
Original post by Vulpes
All the information you are looking for can be found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2013_Entry

cheers
Its highly unlikely for anyone to have medicine offers.
BMAT hasn't yet been taken
UKCAT results haven't yet been sent.
Birmingham has just been giving out interviews.
Liverpool's and Bristol's first ever interviews will be around late November.

:confused:
Reply 7
Very few people may have an interview now. But calm down it has nothing to do with you, focus as hard as you can on getting your grades and prepping for interviews.

I didn't get my first offer til February and I ended up with 4, only of which came just before April. Chill. It all depends where you applied for.
Nobody has a medicine offer yeat because nobody has been interviewed those that don't interview use the UKCAT so they won't be able to score applications yet.
Reply 9
I think its probably just people getting confused with offers for medical sciences and things that they applied for their 5th choice, interviews and offers are coming out for them at manchester and exeter and places at the moment...
I still haven't heard anything from half my medical choices!
Hi, I'm a 2013 applicant now patiently waiting for any good or bad news :rolleyes:
Just wondered where everyone else has applied?
I've applied for Leicester 5 year, Southampton 5 year, Brighton and Sussex 5 year and Glasgow 5 year.
I'm a mature student doing an Access course, so pretty much in the dark as to how my application will be weighted.
From the looks of things interviews can be any time from Nov-March so all a waiting game :frown:
Reply 11
I have noticed that a couple of candidates have receieved interview offers from the med scl of birmingham..seems that they have started giving out interviews indeed

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 12
Birmingham, Brighton and Sussex, KCL and Liverpool are the early interviewers I believe. Most don't even interview till next year.
Reply 13
Original post by AJ2895
Birmingham, Brighton and Sussex, KCL and Liverpool are the early interviewers I believe. Most don't even interview till next year.

Birmingham is very early, as they don't use UKCAT and go on GCSEs and AS levels mostly.

The universities I applied for don't invite until past mid November. :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Tolstoy
Birmingham is very early, as they don't use UKCAT and go on GCSEs and AS levels mostly.

The universities I applied for don't invite until past mid November. :smile:

Haha me too. KCL will be late November at the earliest, Oxford (I can only dream..) will be December, the others will be sometime in the distant future..
Reply 15
Original post by AJ2895
Haha me too. KCL will be late November at the earliest, Oxford (I can only dream..) will be December, the others will be sometime in the distant future..

Finger crossed, 'ey? Good luck to you :smile:

Where else did you apply?
Reply 16
Original post by Tolstoy
Finger crossed, 'ey? Good luck to you :smile:

Where else did you apply?

Imperial and Edinburgh, so admittedly Edinburgh doesn't interview, but UCL for medicinal chemistry was non-med choice so an interview for that will be sometime next year..
Reply 17

OP, sure you didn't mix it up with people like me who hold an deferred offer from last year's applications??

Good luck with your app! I understand how nerve wrecking it is and how much is at stake. Just remember to manage your expectations and forge through. It's a long road ahead for all of us so we need to focus more on ourselves rather than on the other people and their offers.

Cheers
Reply 18
Original post by EKJM
OP, sure you didn't mix it up with people like me who hold an deferred offer from last year's applications??

Good luck with your app! I understand how nerve wrecking it is and how much is at stake. Just remember to manage your expectations and forge through. It's a long road ahead for all of us so we need to focus more on ourselves rather than on the other people and their offers.

Cheers

Sorry, i think i might have since the stalking page had a few entries too but yeah some wise words! Aha any tips about the interview process from your experience?
Reply 19
Sorry, i think i might have since the stalking page had a few entries too but yeah some wise words! Aha any tips about the interview process from your experience?

All schools will be looking for some degree of academic aptitude, but the problem with that is, most people do have good A results before even attempting to apply for medical school.

IMHO I think they are looking for how you manage your learning, how you work and interact under stress, and on the personal side they're looking for compassion for Humanity and passion for Medicine. Those are the qualities few actually possess.

Quick Reply

Latest