The Student Room Group

Ladies- what age do you think men are at their most attractive physically/sexually?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Interesting thread :smile:
I'm nearly 18(in a month or so) and I always seem to get on better with guys in their twenties,and I generally find them more attractive.
Original post by wtfCharlie
Depends on the guy. I'd probably say 20ish, but Robert Downey Jr. is BEAUTIFUL and he's like 40 . . . :s

He's 47, and I agree, ridiculously hot. :biggrin:

On average though, I'd say men are most attractive between about 23 - to early 40s.

I'm 25.
Reply 23
About 25-35, just prefer manly guys rather than the 'little boy' look, nearly always date older guys too. Like someone said above, the adolescent Topman/H&M model look is not actually all that attractive...I'm 22.

Over 35 is fine too (like Robert D-J :tongue:) but he's way older than my Dad so I feel like I shouldn't say it :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by rhianna610
About 25-35, just prefer manly guys rather than the 'little boy' look, nearly always date older guys too. Like someone said above, the adolescent Topman/H&M model look is not actually all that attractive...I'm 22.

Over 35 is fine too (like Robert D-J :tongue:) but he's way older than my Dad so I feel like I shouldn't say it :colondollar:

hold on, you're 22 and Robert Junior is way older than your dad and he's 47? How old did he and your mum have you?
Reply 25
It definitely varies and depends on the guy. I mean, look at Liam Neeson he's 60 and he looks amazing :colondollar: hot daym
Reply 26
Original post by glousck
Probably late 20's-mid 30's.

More experienced sexually, more mature, less insecure (just generalising) and more comfortable in themselves, confident as by this age the women of a similar age will be looking for a serious relationship, so the men of this age are in demand.

Interesting, isn't it, that many men of all ages generally are after serious relationships. Every guy I know has had that mindset (myself included) from the age of 16.

Women on the other hand, of similar ages, it seems just want to sleep around half the time, and/or intentionally lead well-meaning guys on in order to boost their own self esteem.

If anything, it's women who need to do the growing up instead of men, made ironic by your assertion that men of that age are 'more mature'. Just screams hypocrisy, really.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by mc1000
Interesting, isn't it, that many men of all ages generally are after serious relationships. Every guy I know has had that mindset (myself included) from the age of 16.

Women on the other hand, of similar ages, it seems just want to sleep around half the time, and/or intentionally lead well-meaning guys on in order to boost their own egos.

If anything, it's women who need to do the growing up instead of men, made ironic by your assertion that men of that age are 'more mature'. Just screams hypocrisy, really.

would say its actually th eopposite mate
Original post by Kentucky_Avenue
He's 47, and I agree, ridiculously hot. :biggrin:

On average though, I'd say men are most attractive between about 23 - to early 40s.

I'm 25.

Wow OK, didn't know he was 47 - still so, so fit though! :colondollar:
20-25ish i guess:smile:
Reply 30
Original post by newts2k
would say its actually th eopposite mate

Not in intelligent circles. The assertion that women are more mature than men even in their attitude to relationships is one of many pieces of false feminist propaganda.

There are too many times I've been wanting a long-term, meaningful relationship, yet mercilessly ****ed around by women who were too immature to see that what they were doing was wrong, immoral and selfish. (Then who go and repeat their immature process ad infinitum on numerous other unfortunate well-meaning men).
Reply 31
Original post by newts2k
hold on, you're 22 and Robert Junior is way older than your dad and he's 47? How old did he and your mum have you?

Not sure it's really relevant but my Dad is 41, my mum is 46.

(they're still together, happy marriage btw, not all young parents mess it up :tongue:)
I would say from about 18/19 to early 30's. Although Robert Downey Jr :sexface: and Jason Bateman :sogood:

I'm 22.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by mc1000
Not in intelligent circles. The assertion that women are more mature than men even in their attitude to relationships is one of many pieces of false feminist propaganda.

There are too many times I've been wanting a long-term, meaningful relationship, yet mercilessly ****ed around by women who were too immature to see that what they were doing was wrong, immoral and selfish. (Then who go and repeat their immature process ad infinitum on numerous other unfortunate well-meaning men).

I agree that women and teenage girls aren't as mature as they think, you do see alot just trying to get off with hot guys but a lot of the time, its the guys who want sex, whereas women just want it in a relationship, not all guys though, some do want relationships
26 - 35 I'm 20.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 35
I sometimes worry that it's a little creepy that a lot of the celebrity guys I fancy are old enough to be my father :s-smilie:
Reply 36
Original post by mc1000

Women on the other hand, of similar ages, it seems just want to sleep around half the time, and/or intentionally lead well-meaning guys on in order to boost their own self esteem.

I wouldn't say anyone needs to grow up. Also, I wouldn't say every man over the age of 16 is looking for a serious relationships. I've only just left sixth form but the impression a lot of guys gave out is that they weren't looking for anything serious. That might be the problem, that men probably do want a serious relationship from a young age but don't really show it.

With regards to women and sex/relationships - there is a reason for this. There's a massive power switch as men and women both get older. A a man in his 40's is found attractive by young girls in their late teens/20's as well as women of a similar age to them. So as we age, men are more desired and women are less desired. Imo men age better in terms of staying attractive - for example Beckham, to me is attractive now he has more of a distinguished look about him but I didn't find him attractive when he was younger e.g. United days. This could explain why, when younger, women are able to get sex easier - because they are in their peak of attractiveness, whereas when a man gets older he is in his peak of attractiveness.

I think your second paragraph was slightly harsh. Not all women are like that.

Also - when I was talking about maturity, I was talking about my personal experiences - yes, of course it will be quite generalised account of the people I know and hang out with in their teens and those in their mid 20's. The latter group of men is way more chilled out and I can have more mature conversations with. Many of the teenage boys in my sixth form were into "LAD" "8/10 would smash" kind of guys, who were only out to impress their mates and trying to get girls drunk to sleep with them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 37
24-45
Reply 38
From experience women prefer us men in mid-late 20s to early 30s... I got a lot more attention at 26 than I did when I was like 19-23... Was practically ignored then.
Reply 39
Increases with my age I tend to find men around the same age as me attractive, Ive never dated anyone more than a year older than me. I think John Bishop is hot and hes in his 40s though. Im 27 btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest