The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aky786UK
Any idea when the Froch fight will start? If it's anywhere early, then might stay up. Intriging fight, Ward seems to have speed but don't think he has faced anyone like Froch. But anything could happen, but I think Froch might get a late stoppage.

Froch fights exactly like Kessler and Kessler lost to Ward by Technical Decision (i.e. fight got stopped and went to score cards thanks to Ward headbutt).

Regarding RJJ - Big shame. Another legendary fighter who does not know when to quit. Shame.

Lennox got it about right as did Hatton in my opinion. Haye and Calzaghe both slightly premature when the big fights came calling. Tyson, Ali, Williams etc etc. The list is bigger on this side the former. :s-smilie:
Froch, from what I've seen, is a guy who likes a tear up and it seems that's what he wants to do against Ward, i.e. drag him to a real fight. But I think Ward will be to clever for that and use his strengths to get a victory. Intrigued if Froch will adjust during the fight if his "drag Ward to the trenches" doesn't work. If it's not a bad time in morning, might stay up for it.
i hope froch wins, i made a bet back in oct when skybet messed their odds up at 11/1 . will be best part of ÂŁ400
Reply 3943
i realy like watchin froch, has a good tear up and has fought the best. come on mate bring the titles back to britain
I think if you don't like seeing Froch box - you don't like boxing!

But, I do have a gut feeling Ward will edge it. I really hope not. I hope I feel the same way when all those years ago I stayed up until 4pm to watch Lennox beat Evander Holyfield. I will feel exactly the same giddy self as all those years ago.

Very very excited about this fight.

SS1 said it was around 2am GMT IIRC.
Reply 3945
I don't really see the fight being that close. Either Froch gets a knockout or he loses. I just see Dirrell as being too good.
Original post by Rgman27
I don't really see the fight being that close. Either Froch gets a knockout or he loses. I just see Dirrell as being too good.

Direll? You mean Ward....! Same first name, so benefit of doubt! But I agree - I think it will be hard for Froch to win on points.

Interestingly, all previous fighters in the tournament and Bute, with the exception of Kessler believe Ward will win.

Kessler believes Froch can win - which I think is really interesting. When I watched the Kessler Ward fight, I do think if Kessler was a bit smarter he would have won. I see Froch as a similar fighter to Kessler and this is why I think Kessler is going for Froch on this one.

But this has to be the strongest 168lb division for as long as I can remember. Shame Calzaghe is not around for this!
This is going to sound silly. I'm so into watching old boxing from Muhammad Ali's time - I think I've watched every one of his fights as well as matches between his peers i.e. Joe Frazier's fights, George Foreman's fights, Sonny Liston's fights. etc.

I wonder if I can get into boxing today. Are there any fighter's with Ali's charisma and charm around today? Any great rivalries ongoing? I literally know nothing about today's boxing.
Reply 3948
Original post by NĂ© Stig
Direll? You mean Ward....! Same first name, so benefit of doubt! But I agree - I think it will be hard for Froch to win on points.

Interestingly, all previous fighters in the tournament and Bute, with the exception of Kessler believe Ward will win.

Kessler believes Froch can win - which I think is really interesting. When I watched the Kessler Ward fight, I do think if Kessler was a bit smarter he would have won. I see Froch as a similar fighter to Kessler and this is why I think Kessler is going for Froch on this one.

But this has to be the strongest 168lb division for as long as I can remember. Shame Calzaghe is not around for this!

Oh, yea..my bad haha.
Ive just put ÂŁ200 on Froch to win by knockout....(reasonably high amount for me) at 9/2. Happy days if this comes through. Im off on holiday if it does ;-) and probably sulking tommorrow if it doesnt........lol betting after some whisky...not a good idea.....
What time does this start?
Original post by TruetoMyself
Ive just put ÂŁ200 on Froch to win by knockout....(reasonably high amount for me) at 9/2. Happy days if this comes through. Im off on holiday if it does ;-) and probably sulking tommorrow if it doesnt........lol betting after some whisky...not a good idea.....

ÂŁ200?! damn! i have ÂŁ20 on Froch to win. I normally only bet on MMA, not so clued up on boxing but i fancied a punt, plus it makes the fight more exciting to watch :biggrin:
Reply 3952
Original post by CB91

Soon, they just longing it out for no feasible reason.
Original post by CB91

as far as know 3. Not a particularly big follower of Froch or Ward. But one thing froch has which Ward doesnt...A desire to brawl. 9/2 a good price :smile:
Anyone got a good stream?
Reply 3955
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
This is going to sound silly. I'm so into watching old boxing from Muhammad Ali's time - I think I've watched every one of his fights as well as matches between his peers i.e. Joe Frazier's fights, George Foreman's fights, Sonny Liston's fights. etc.

I wonder if I can get into boxing today. Are there any fighter's with Ali's charisma and charm around today? Any great rivalries ongoing? I literally know nothing about today's boxing.

No there really isn't anyone of Ali's charisma. Only person that comes close is Mayweather.......

In terms of rivalries, there are quite a few Marquez-Pacquoi, Pacquoi- Mayweather (only because it's the fight everyone wants to see), Cotto- Magarito comes to mind. I'm sure there are others but none really match to the ones you mentioned
Reply 3956
They are in the ring now.
Either a Froch KO or wide Ward UD.
Is it just me, or does Froch look tired?
Original post by CB91
Is it just me, or does Froch look tired?

Do you have a decent stream? Or does anyone else?