The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good win for Froch in front of his home-town crowd. At the start when it was announced I backed Froch but surprised these pundits/bookies backed Bute, probably because Carl got out-classed by Ward and coming on the back of a defeat. Froch's resume vs. Bute was no contest.

Bute needed to keep the fight in the middle of the ring, as soon as he went to the ropes, he was inviting Froch to start "warring" and that was all she wrote.

Sky's boxing crew went abit OTT in term of the praise unleashed to Froch. Brilliant win but to say it was the best performance by a British fighter was abit too much IMO. On home turf fights, I'd say Hatton vs. Kostya but Froch's would be up there just not THE best ever fight.
Original post by Aky786UK
Good win for Froch in front of his home-town crowd. At the start when it was announced I backed Froch but surprised these pundits/bookies backed Bute, probably because Carl got out-classed by Ward and coming on the back of a defeat. Froch's resume vs. Bute was no contest.

Bute needed to keep the fight in the middle of the ring, as soon as he went to the ropes, he was inviting Froch to start "warring" and that was all she wrote.

Sky's boxing crew went abit OTT in term of the praise unleashed to Froch. Brilliant win but to say it was the best performance by a British fighter was abit too much IMO. On home turf fights, I'd say Hatton vs. Kostya but Froch's would be up there just not THE best ever fight.

Randolf Turpin out-boxing Sugar Ray Robinson in 1951 was the best ever British win in Britain IMO.
Original post by Aky786UK

I think you've gotta forgive them cos they were just excited, it was a great fight, I was so hyped watching it, I think if I was in the studio I'd have been chatting that kind of crap too.
Didn't see Froch beating Bute. However, great win for Froch. Great knockout.
Absolutely buzzing over the Froch win, easily my favorite British fighter with his no nonsense no bull**** approach to everything. Hopefully Bute won't bother with the rematch in Canada and we'll get Kessler rematch in the UK, definitely going if it happens
Also best wished to Paul Williams and his family, about to take on arguably his biggest fight to date headlining with Canelo. He had a motorbike accident last sunday and the doctors say he's paralyzed from the waist down and will never walk again. So sad for such a great talent, I feel for him.

Humbling is an understatement
Original post by Glow in the dark
Also best wished to Paul Williams and his family, about to take on arguably his biggest fight to date headlining with Canelo. He had a motorbike accident last sunday and the doctors say he's paralyzed from the waist down and will never walk again. So sad for such a great talent, I feel for him.

Humbling is an understatement

Yeh. It is really a shock. I was really looking forward to the fight.

Anyway, good luck to him and hopefully, he can get some of his life back.
Anyone heard about this rift between Golden Boy and journalist Gabriel Montoya, who exposed Andre Berto and Lamont Peterson as drug cheats? He's currently investigating Mayweather and has made some discoveries that have led to Golden Boy calling the lawyers.

I get the feeling this is going to explode into a massive story very soon.

http://www.examiner.com/article/floyd-mayweather-tested-positive-three-times
Original post by barnetbuzzzz
Anyone heard about this rift between Golden Boy and journalist Gabriel Montoya, who exposed Andre Berto and Lamont Peterson as drug cheats? He's currently investigating Mayweather and has made some discoveries that have led to Golden Boy calling the lawyers.

I get the feeling this is going to explode into a massive story very soon.

http://www.examiner.com/article/floyd-mayweather-tested-positive-three-times

Heard an interview on steve bunces boxing hour with Gabriel Montoya on the phone couple of weeks back, said that he had a massive story he was working on which would break later on this year.

I'm praying for the sake of boxing and also as a fan, that it isn't him and this is a hoax story.
Heard an interview on steve bunces boxing hour with Gabriel Montoya on the phone couple of weeks back, said that he had a massive story he was working on which would break later on this year.

I'm praying for the sake of boxing and also as a fan, that it isn't him and this is a hoax story.

Montoya is a respectable journalist, so it won't be a hoax. At best it will be a misunderstanding.

With Montoya having exposed two drug cheats already over the past month, he's the man in the know on this issue at the moment.

The statement sent by Golden Boy's lawyers to Montoya contained some claims that Montoya had never even made public, so where did these claims come from?

I'm also hoping it's a misunderstanding, but things do NOT look good. :frown:
Original post by barnetbuzzzz
Montoya is a respectable journalist, so it won't be a hoax. At best it will be a misunderstanding.

With Montoya having exposed two drug cheats already over the past month, he's the man in the know on this issue at the moment.

The statement sent by Golden Boy's lawyers to Montoya contained some claims that Montoya had never even made public, so where did these claims come from?

I'm also hoping it's a misunderstanding, but things do NOT look good. :frown:

I know I know, I mean by that source you posted, but If montoya himself has said something then :redface:.

Can't believe Floyd of all people testing positive after all the Manny palaver, I wonder what would happen if Manny himself took the Vada testing? as he always avoids it with his fights and they are pretty much the only ones who test for the synthetic testosterone who Peterson got caught with, and Berto for that matter.

It's depressing as a fan of the sport to see things like this, especially around that 147 division where all the money is, sports gonna be on it's ass!

We have enough with all the indefensible judging/ match fixing which goes on

do you have a link to the fight?
Original post by King-Panther
do you have a link to the fight?

This is where I normally watch all the nba games and a link has appeared on here for the fight, can't wait!

http://nbaliveonline.com/streaming/
Stream for Manny Pacquio vs Tim bradley will start at 2am here:

http://boxingguru.eu/gurutv1.html
I can see Manny Pacroids knocking him out, around the 8th round
nice ko by bailey :teeth:

pac man :excited:

urgh thought pac man gona be next..
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by eugenius 8
nice ko by bailey :teeth:

pac man :excited:

urgh thought pac man gona next..

I know! oh my days, my stream froze just at that moment so had to see the replay but damn! i was dissappointed in jones's performance, he shouldve stepped on the gas way long ago, he could have got bailey out of there.

just a side-note did anyone else notice jones's unusually skinny legs? i swear thats bad because they don't provide much support when the fighter gets hurt/wobbled. thats exactly what i thought when i noticed at them beginning of the fight.
Original post by oh-my-diddy
I know! oh my days, my stream froze just at that moment so had to see the replay but damn! i was dissappointed in jones's performance, he shouldve stepped on the gas way long ago, he could have got bailey out of there.

just a side-note did anyone else notice jones's unusually skinny legs? i swear thats bad because they don't provide much support when the fighter gets hurt/wobbled. thats exactly what i thought when i noticed at them beginning of the fight.

ah thats annoying :s-smilie: i only tuned in last couple of rounds
Reply 4159
has the fight started?

Latest