The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glow in the dark
Seriously can't believe that, me and my mate both had only a couple of rounds to bradley 117 - 111 at best.

Oh well least I had £15 Bradley at 7/1 for a decision win. Thank you Bob Arum

I had 5 rounds to bradley at best, I was confident there was no way the judges would give the other rounds to bradley, even though a few of those 5 I gave to Bradley were touch and go, but no more than 5, even 5 was being generous.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4181
Any people wonder why no one bothers watching boxing anymore.
Original post by Idle

I know, seriously, that decision took the piss, it makes me want to stop following the sport. That seems like blatant corruption.
Reply 4183
I can't believe Manny lost!! Just madness!!

I was also watching the Tweet by Tweet discussion on Stazoo and everyone's feeling the same!!!!!!

It seems like Manny's on Stazoo right now, so it would be interesting to see what he thinks!!!

http://www.stazoo.com/MannyPacquiao

FYI (you have to sign in with Twitter to see it!)
I watched the fight and had Bradley winning, I can't understand all the booing from the crowd. It wasn't a hugely conroversial decision, it was a fight that could have gone either way, the same as Pacquiao/Marquez 3.

To be honest, I think Bradley deserves to win just for his conditioning. As soon as I saw the weigh-in, I knew Pacquaio was in trouble, because compared to him Bradley looks a lot more ripped, toned and six-packed.
Hopefully we can now see Bradley against Mayweather/Khan/Ortiz in another big fight. Boxing is all about conditioning, just look at this picture and tell me who has a better body out of Bradley and Pacman:

548ba3ae41e376cf40d7495c9fd180a6-getty-511539464.jpg
http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/62/fullj.548ba3ae41e376cf40d7495c9fd180a6/548ba3ae41e376cf40d7495c9fd180a6-getty-511539464.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
This is what Mayweather meant when he said Pacquiao has no business acumen.
Pacquiao has allowed Bob Arum to screw him over here. The sooner Pacquiao realises that he's big enough to look after himself and stops allowing Bob Arum to mess him about, the more likely a Mayweather fight is. Hopefully Manny realises that Arum has been using him all this time and that Arum has moved on to his new cash cow, Bradley. I will despair if Pacquiao gives Arum the satisfaction of a Bradley rematch.
Original post by prakashpatel4579
I watched the fight and had Bradley winning, I can't understand all the booing from the crowd. It wasn't a hugely conroversial decision, it was a fight that could have gone either way, the same as Pacquiao/Marquez 3.

To be honest, I think Bradley deserves to win just for his conditioning. As soon as I saw the weigh-in, I knew Pacquaio was in trouble, because compared to him Bradley looks a lot more ripped, toned and six-packed.
Hopefully we can now see Bradley against Mayweather/Khan/Ortiz in another big fight. Boxing is all about conditioning, just look at this picture and tell me who has a better body out of Bradley and Pacman:

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/62/fullj.548ba3ae41e376cf40d7495c9fd180a6/548ba3ae41e376cf40d7495c9fd180a6-getty-511539464.jpg

This is why promoters are able to get away with dodgy decisions. There are still idiotic casual fans like you who fall for all this BS.

Learn what constitutes a scoring punch (Bradley hitting Manny on the gloves doesn't) before you attempt to score fights.

Who gives a **** about their conditioning? Bradley may have more defined muscles but no-one in their right mind could say Pacquiao was in bad shape.

I actually lol'd.
Pacquiao got lucky against Marquez, so I guess what goes around comes around.

Anyways, despite clearly winning yesterday, he did look absolutely shattered at the end of the 11th, someone I know said that Bradley could have knocked him out if he went all out in that last round. I didn't watch the fight myself.

Further proof that Floyd could probably smoke him with his eyes closed. And just one hand.
Original post by Strangeclouds
Pacquiao got lucky against Marquez, so I guess what goes around comes around.

Anyways, despite clearly winning yesterday, he did look absolutely shattered at the end of the 11th, someone I know said that Bradley could have knocked him out if he went all out in that last round. I didn't watch the fight myself.

Further proof that Floyd could probably smoke him with his eyes closed. And just one hand.

Always said it Floyd would murder anyone he gets in the ring with, the guy may be a flat out dick but he can box and control a fight like no one else. That being said i think Pacquiao was robbed in this one i had it going to him not easily but comfortably enough.
I think Pacquiao probably ought to have won that but it was close. People are making it out as if Pacquiao should have won 11 of the rounds..

However, this proves that Floyd Mayweather is the best boxer in the world; no doubt. He has beaten some of the very best and is still undefeated. He doesn't need to fight Pacquiao or Bradley. In my opinion, Manny Pacquiao has lost it, he isn't the fighter he used to be. If he had won comfortably, I would've wanted a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight.

Floyd Mayweather should just retire as rank #1.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by johnharris19944
Always said it Floyd would murder anyone he gets in the ring with, the guy may be a flat out dick but he can box and control a fight like no one else. That being said i think Pacquiao was robbed in this one i had it going to him not easily but comfortably enough.

Some parts of the media put the fight at 119-109 to Pac, including fairly respected sources, like ESPN. The boxing nuts who I know put it something like 8-4 rounds to Pac.

Floyd eased over Marquez, and Pacquiao got schooled by Marquez. That was proof for me. I don't think this result should weaken Pac's case, he clearly won the fight, but reports of him being absolutely destroyed after 11 rounds shocked me a bit. He's clearly ageing and I think if the Pac-Floyd fight does happen, it'll probably be an anti-climax, it should have happened 2 years ago. They're both losing their game to age now. Sad, the state of boxing is.

:facepalm2::facepalm2:

It's a Boxing match not a bodybuilding competition, Bradley always looks like that.

There is no way anyone can give more than 3 rounds to Bradley, I even wanted Bradley to win but I won't let that cloud my vision, it was a disgrace and is frankly, embarrassing for the sport.

Both Pac and Bradley should break that wretched contract they have by Arum and file a law suite towards him and fight separate from top rank, match fixing at the fullest.
And people wonder why boxing is slowly dieing. :facepalm2:
Reply 4194
Don't think I'm ever gonna watch boxing again. Bout time I gave MMA a chance tbf.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4195
At least the Marquez decision was close and debateable and Pacman had the stats showing he landed more, but last night was beyond a farce. Bradley was wobbling for half the fight, he landed a couple of jabs in the 7th and had a good 11th round, never hurt Pac at all, those judges, Toprank and Arum = disgrace, Pac landed around 100 more punches and hurt Bradley a lot, lol i'm not even mad, the whole world knows Pacquiao won and I loved the crowd reaction after the decision

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Idle

Well boxing has always been known to be corrupt. Then you got the chavs like Chisora. I thought they were worried about MMA and would've cleaned up boxing. It's always been a bit of a farce tbh. The fighters, promoters, the associations, they're all in their own little boxing universe while the sport dies.

I've downloaded the fight, gonna watch it later.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 419
Don't think I'm ever gonna watch boxing again. Bout time I gave MMA a chance tbf.

Oh come on. I'm as pissed off about last night as anybody, but there's more to boxing than Mayweather/Pacquiao.

Problem is that the media (especially in the US) focus far too heavily on those two.
Original post by silent ninja
Well boxing has always been known to be corrupt. Then you got the chavs like Chisora. I thought they were worried about MMA and would've cleaned up boxing. It's always been a bit of a farce tbh. The fighters, promoters, the associations, they're all in their own little boxing universe while the sport dies.

I've downloaded the fight, gonna watch it later.

I agree with the rest of your post, but if anything Chisora is saving boxing in the UK, not destroying it.

Boxers with personality (not necessarily a negative one) are what brings media attention to the sport. Look at David Price, the most exciting heavyweight prospect in the world right now, he's from the UK, and no-one here knows who the **** he is.

Compare that to Chisora and even bloody Audley Harrison, who aren't great but know how to attract the attention the sport needs.

He looks like that every fight, you seriously don't know much about boxing.

Latest