The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nice to see Amir Khan keeping his fighting ambitions realistic and not throwing his hat into the ring (or should that be the Octagon?) to face Conor McGregor in the UFC...

Honestly, I'm a fan of his but he's really showing himself up with the lack of a plan for his career. He's got some involvement in a MMA league in Dubai (non-competitive) but this is laughable after a KO in his last fight.
I really dislike Eddie Hearn, but he's right, a defeat doesn't undermine Brook. Spence will be his mandatory, and he's plenty of options if (more like when) he loses to GGG. I think Brook will be a better fighter up the weights, so he's even got options in middle and light middle, as well as welter.
Original post by Mackay
I really dislike Eddie Hearn, but he's right, a defeat doesn't undermine Brook. Spence will be his mandatory, and he's plenty of options if (more like when) he loses to GGG. I think Brook will be a better fighter up the weights, so he's even got options in middle and light middle, as well as welter.

Good point but K&K alluded to the fact that he is fighting a beast (at a weight he's never done before) who could do some serious damage to Brook. What's to say he won't recover fully from it. First time he's stepping up on the big stage too (no one really rates Porter right:biggrin:).
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't see how potentially losing his unbeaten record helps Brook for a fight going up in weight, taken at short notice. If he loses to a guy in his weight class, in a big fight then fair enough but seems a waste to me if if loses as expected

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still think Brook will struggle to get the big fights at 147, even after his fight with GGG.*

Crawford was brilliant last night.*
Crawford vs Pacman will be good.
Got to love GGG. Humble fighter and always smiling.
Man like Frampton.
Khan can't stand it when he's irrelevant.
Just stfu.
A debate on the Toe to Toe podcast on Sky Sports this week centred around what would happen - hypothetically - if Khan faced Garcia again. Can only see that ending the same way, to be honest.
Khan's worried hence he's talking up Garcia and even Brook. He's revealed he's been boxing with a broken hand for the last 13 years which is incredibly impressive but luckily he was never a big puncher, so not needed that KO power.

Also, just me that sees Brook look bit chunky in between fights? You can see from his face between now and fight time when he's leaner..
Trying to find a decent boxing podcast - I only listen to Toe2Toe at the minute. Any recommendations?
Original post by Mackay
Trying to find a decent boxing podcast - I only listen to Toe2Toe at the minute. Any recommendations?

Thaboxingvoice has turned to **** recently

Boxing Coalition?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Thaboxingvoice has turned to **** recently

Boxing Coalition?

Nice one mate. I'll take a listen.

I've got a few decent UFC ones - but there seems to be a lack of boxing-specific on the iTunes chart. Maybe they just aren't too popular.
Pacquiao's back in November to face Vargas for a fight he says is about money. Risky but his political career must require lots of financial support yet he doesn't seem a person who has been used to lavish spending over his career so it's slightly surprising he needs more cash.
Pacquiao and Mayweather have had more retirements than I've had hot dinners.
Original post by Aky786UK
Pacquiao's back in November to face Vargas for a fight he says is about money. Risky but his political career must require lots of financial support yet he doesn't seem a person who has been used to lavish spending over his career so it's slightly surprising he needs more cash.
Wouldn't be surprised if Pac has massive spending costs family wise. Not unusual in similar cultures that he would be expected to support a pretty massive extended family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Boxingcoalition is best.Also subscribe to boxinggossip on YouTube as he has a good podcast every week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heartbroken for Joyce.
A robbery it was

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest