The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Frank Warren is a knobhead.
Reply 141
Aren't all promoters
Reply 142
Boxing is the real deal - as it's not just about who's harder than who, but rather more about a combination of athleticism and body strength. But it's falling flat thanks to crappy promoters like Warren who just will not bring us the fights.

We wait 3 years for a great fight night - and when it comes, it's over in a couple of seconds. It sounds wierd saying 'I like it in the olden days of Lennox Lewis'. Very few fighters like than nowadays with only Hatton the other boxer always after the big names and making them happen as well.

Calzaghe is a great boxer - but Hatton has miles more heart and cares less about the money and more about the boxing with Calzaghe the opposite. My favourite boxer Haye, I'm not sure on his idea of money yet. The pot between him and Enzo should have been 50/50, not in Haye's favour. I don't agree that Enzo should have taken more either, as Haye is truly world class. I would have loved to watch him this weekend ringside, but exams are piling up big time!

Do fancy Haye though.
Reply 143
A. Frank Warren is a greedy selfless fool
B. Wrestling sucks, like really sucks
tuna1
A. Frank Warren is a greedy selfless fool
B. Wrestling sucks, like really sucks

Where did wrestling come into this thread?

And in response to this:
walshie
Calzaghe is a great boxer - but Hatton has miles more heart and cares less about the money and more about the boxing with Calzaghe the opposite.

I don't think Calzaghe really cared all that much about the money... only in the last couple of years have the Americans ever considered taking a look at Joe, and I wouldn't say any one of his fights so far has been a massive payday fight at all. I'm sure he's only looking for the "big fight" this September to silence those saying he never pushed himself, against the best (which is why the Lacy fight stood out as much as it did in the run up) and to retire knowing as champ he's beat everyone that's been thrown at him, icluding the big names.

Hatton, i don't doubt his in ring ethic at all, but just don't like the way he gains so much weight inbetween fights (only became aware of this not all that long ago) and would expect him to still be training hard inbetween fights knowing he is improving, not just staying the same...

Anyway, can't wait for Joe's next fight, but his hand is really worrying, it's giving up so easily at the moment.
Reply 145
Ooh - David Haye - I reiterate, amazing boxer! :biggrin:
Reply 146
It's gonna be a great summer of boxing. Mayweather vs De La Hoya, Bernard Hopkins vs Winky Wright and Cotto vs Judah. Can't wait.
Reply 147
Glad I didn't have to stay awake 'till 4am just to see the Haye fight, like many other fights. Great show from Haye. Back down to Cruiserweight now, win the title, then back up to Heavyweight to win the title. Happy Days!
It's Fight Night (ok, morning if you're going to be pedantic)

Anyone care to make a prediction??
Do you see a KO or is it going to go the distance?

I myself haven't followed these 2 fighters all that closely, but won't miss the fight that's for sure. Supposed to be the most lucrative bout ever, and lets just hope the fight lives up to it's expectations as the atmosphere will be amazing.

Don't take my prediction too seriously but i'd say - O.De La Hoya to win by decision.
Reply 149
I know who I want to win, and that would be Oscar. I hate the way Floyd carries himself.

But I've followed Floyd throughout his career, and he is an exceptional fighter. If it goes the distance, I can't see Oscar winning. Floyds defence, speed and boxing abilities are impeccable. At the same time, Oscar is the biggest puncher that Floyd has ever face. Floyd was rocked at 140 by Corley. If Oscar catches him with a big left hook, he could end the fight.
Reply 150
Oscar, he has freddie on his side, which is a bonus and he seems focused, real focused for this one. My sky sports has been cancelled :frown:
Reply 151
I fancy De La Hoya within the distance, or PBF if it lasts the distance.

PBF is a boxer who likes to throw a load of punches but can't hurt anyone. He works on the premise that his boxing talent will get him through. I'm not sure if DLH is wound up enough for this bill, unlike the fight with Mayorga.

If he is - DLH will do some serious PBF ass kicking. If not, he can expect to be out-boxed.

I like most other boxing fans would like to see DLH hand out a real beating, which will leave the PBF legacy in tatters.

Can't wait.

T-Bag - I feel for ya :frown:
I'd absolutely love de la Hoya to smash Mayweather.

I hate him - arrogant, cocky ******.

Mayweather will probs win like, but i'd like it if he didn't.

Can't wait for it to begin!
For those guys that can't see it on Sky, this link is working great for me.
http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/sat5.5/Mayweather_Delahoy.html

I use the site for the footie quite a bit, so it's pretty sound.

Currently: Batista vs Medina
I've got it on Sopcast.

Not bothered about any other matches. When is the Mayweather fight, about 4?

I am knackered too.. but wanna watch it.
Ziggy Stardust
I've got it on Sopcast.

Not bothered about any other matches. When is the Mayweather fight, about 4?

I am knackered too.. but wanna watch it.

Yeah i heard it's about 4, and i think that's when the offical PPV ad's have said it is...

... but expect it to run on a bit after that what with the build up etc...

Love Sopcast, and relying on fizzy drinks to keep me awake:s-smilie: .
I love watchin' all the footy on Sopcast and TV Ants.

Brilliant.

I always have to turn my mobile off when I am watching footy online cos it's always 2/3 minutes behind and I get texts off my mates b4 I have seen the goals :frown: Lol.
I thought the big fight was at 2 lol, im gonna be up all night lol.
hi guys, boxing about to start

channel 887 on sopcast :wink:... yup, i love it to :P... top quality for the undercard fight :wink:

be ready for a good fight hopefully :wink:.... 20 mins roughly to go
Had it on for 2 hours already :wink:

Latest