The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield 2013 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Anyone applying for journalism at sheffield?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 61
Original post by vabbian
I have like a paragraph on korea but thats it ToT
dont think im gonna get an offer, but there was spaces for the course on clearing last year so if things dont work out with psychology then i'll just go into that :]

Same here, I have a paragraph on Korea but everything else is about business, since my other 4 choices are business courses.
Are you British?
When will i find out if my Chemical Engineering application is successful? Applied 12th Oct. Do they usually interview for chem eng?? I have a A* A* A
Reply 63
Original post by ifckgmmbrs
Same here, I have a paragraph on Korea but everything else is about business, since my other 4 choices are business courses.
Are you British?

ahh i see, i was originally gonna do that too but my interests lie more in psychology then business. But more in Korea than psychology :tongue:

yup i am British, are you a foreign applicant?
Reply 64
Original post by hedgemonkey
When will i find out if my Chemical Engineering application is successful? Applied 12th Oct. Do they usually interview for chem eng?? I have a A* A* A

Sheffield's usually quite fast with replying to applications from what I've heard.. I think it's usually 2 weeks to a month after applying?
I applied 11th October and got my offer for Biomedical Science last night so maybe sometime soon?
Sending it off this week for sociology :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by CLARA_
Applying for Economics! Hopefully my silly school will send my application tomorrow :biggrin:

I've applied for economics and German :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by anna__
I've applied for economics and German :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw wow! You're the first Econ. applicant for Sheffield I've seen! Have you been to an open day?
Reply 68
Original post by CLARA_
Aw wow! You're the first Econ. applicant for Sheffield I've seen! Have you been to an open day?

Yes I have! I absolutely loved it but I'm torn between there and Glasgow.. if I get an offer from sheff that is..
Have you had any offers yet? Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by anna__
Yes I have! I absolutely loved it but I'm torn between there and Glasgow.. if I get an offer from sheff that is..
Have you had any offers yet? Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school still hasn't attached my reference so my application hasn't been sent off :frown:

I've applied to Manchester for Econ. and then History with Econ at Man, Leeds for History and Economics and Hull for History with Econ. :smile: I'm torn between Manchester for Econ. and Sheffield! Loved Sheffield too! Where else have you applied? Any offers?
Reply 70
Original post by CLARA_
My school still hasn't attached my reference so my application hasn't been sent off :frown:

I've applied to Manchester for Econ. and then History with Econ at Man, Leeds for History and Economics and Hull for History with Econ. :smile: I'm torn between Manchester for Econ. and Sheffield! Loved Sheffield too! Where else have you applied? Any offers?

Oh that's really annoying :frown:
Mm I didn't have much choice as I wanted to do German with it and didn't have maths at a level but I applied for Glasgow, Sheffield, cardiff, reading and Essex.. sort of annoyed because I read a post today about how bad econ at reading is but everyone says the uni is so good :frown: had an offer from Glasgow woooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by .snowflake.
just come for the coffee and cake!

You'll have a new member by October, then! Sheffield4lyf :wink: haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 72
Original post by anna__
Oh that's really annoying :frown:
Mm I didn't have much choice as I wanted to do German with it and didn't have maths at a level but I applied for Glasgow, Sheffield, cardiff, reading and Essex.. sort of annoyed because I read a post today about how bad econ at reading is but everyone says the uni is so good :frown: had an offer from Glasgow woooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh I haven't looked at any of those - apart from Sheffield! I don't have a Maths A Level either (just an AS) but luckily I wanted a BA with some History thrown in!

Really? I've heard it had a good Econ department! I know the Uni is supposed to be really nice as well :smile: Have you looked at Unistats or anything?

Congrats!! Well done :biggrin:
Reply 73
Original post by CLARA_
Ooh I haven't looked at any of those - apart from Sheffield! I don't have a Maths A Level either (just an AS) but luckily I wanted a BA with some History thrown in!

Really? I've heard it had a good Econ department! I know the Uni is supposed to be really nice as well :smile: Have you looked at Unistats or anything?

Congrats!! Well done :biggrin:

I didn't even do an AS! I absolutely adore economics so last year my teacher told me I might be better off doing econ and doing a law conversion after because apparently learning law is very tedious compared to practising it haha! same here, its not like I can do a BSc with German haha!
Unistats seems to say good things, so maybe I will just wait and see if I get an offer, then I'll go and look around properly and talk to current students about it.
Thaaaank you :biggrin: what are you currently taking for a level then? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AB-94
Anyone else applied for Materials Science & Engineering?? :smile:

Meee! Heard anything from them yet?
Reply 75
application for History went off on the 11th October!
How long does it take, on average, from sending off your application and getting an offer?
Original post by lavii
Yeah, I suppose they don't send one then :smile: Good luck! What course?

Materials Science and Engineering :smile:
Original post by Yellow_Paper
How long does it take, on average, from sending off your application and getting an offer?

I think it depends on what you're applying for. Some departments will take longer than others.
Reply 79
Original post by kirstay
Sheffield's usually quite fast with replying to applications from what I've heard.. I think it's usually 2 weeks to a month after applying?
I applied 11th October and got my offer for Biomedical Science last night so maybe sometime soon?

Hey! What grades did you apply with? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending