The Student Room Group

Medlink 2012

I know pretty much no one else who is going to medlink, so this is an attempt to make some friends so I'm not so much of a loner when I get there :smile:.

I'm going on the 19th to the 22nd by the way!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Stupid_Toe
I know pretty much no one else who is going to medlink, so this is an attempt to make some friends so I'm not so much of a loner when I get there :smile:.

I'm surprised this thread is so dead lol.

I went last year. Is there anything you want to know about Medlink?
Reply 2
Original post by nimby77
I'm surprised this thread is so dead lol.

I went last year. Is there anything you want to know about Medlink?

Hahaha maybe people aren't going this year? :frown:
Just the usual I guess, was it really as useful as they say it is and is it easy to make friends with the other people there if you're going up alone?
Reply 3
Hahaha maybe people aren't going this year? :frown:
Just the usual I guess, was it really as useful as they say it is and is it easy to make friends with the other people there if you're going up alone?

I've seen a few posts around here from people saying that they're going to Medlink this year. I wonder where they're all hiding :ninja:

In terms of usefulness, I didn't really think it was particularly helpful in terms of gaining any special knowledge. It certainly taught you nothing in terms of things that might help in medical school, but it did provide a few useful tips on interviews (although it's nothing you won't already find on the internet).

For me at least, the best thing about it was that it gave me a glimpse at the kind of life you can expect as a uni student, and that was a pretty interesting experience.

As for your question about making friends, I went alone too. Believe me when I say I am by no means the most social person in the world, and I actively distance myself from big social situations, so naturally I was really worried that I'd be the guy that sits in his room all night after lectures.

Fortunately, when you go there, you'll find loads of people in the same situation as you, especially if you're like me and get lost easily, its pretty easy to find someone who's in the same lecture group as you and chat while you walk to the lecture.

I'm sure you'll make friends as soon as you get there, but if you're struggling, during lectures/dinner, look for people sitting on their own and go and talk to them. Chances are they've come on their own too, and could do with a buddy :biggrin:
Reply 4

I'm going! I think someone in my Science lessons is going too.
I'm going from 18th-22nd. Don't know what to expect but quite excited!
:smile: I'm Linh.
I'll see you there!
Reply 5
Original post by Little23
I'm going! I think someone in my Science lessons is going too.
I'm going from 18th-22nd. Don't know what to expect but quite excited!
:smile: I'm Linh.
I'll see you there!

Aww yay! So we'll be there around the same time :smile:
Do you know which halls you're in? I'm in Ancanster I think
Reply 6
If you didn't already know, there's a forum on Medlink's actual site too, you may have better luck meeting people there:

http://forum.medlink-uk.net/
Reply 7

That's when I'm going too! :smile: I know of at least three other people going from mysixth form too, but we're not in the same accomodation/groups.
Where are you staying/ what group are you in?:colone:
OMG! Where is everyone? Think it's gunna be a quiet one this year.........the universities have scared everyone off! :L Shame
Reply 9
Original post by Snoopop
That's when I'm going too! :smile: I know of at least three other people going from mysixth form too, but we're not in the same accomodation/groups.
Where are you staying/ what group are you in?:colone:

I'm staying at Ancaster and I'm in one of the Blue groups, I can't remember haha..
You?
Reply 10
Original post by Georgeツ™
OMG! Where is everyone? Think it's gunna be a quiet one this year.........the universities have scared everyone off! :L Shame

I know, its such a shame :frown:
Are you going?
Reply 11

Me too! :awesome: :five:
I know, its such a shame :frown:
Are you going?

Yeah I am :smile: Me and my friend are going, i was too scared to go on my own! Have you added any extras?
I went to Medlink last year, just a quick note, even though you may have friends going as well, make sure you know where you're going on the first day. I made the mistake of sticking to a friend for the first lecture because I didn't know what was going on...only to discover I'd gone with the wrong group, so I ended up seeing the same talk twice...oops

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 14
I'm staying at Ancaster and I'm in one of the Blue groups, I can't remember haha..
You?

Oooh no im at derby hall, green alpha, like the complete opposite to you:confused:
Reply 15
Yeah I am :smile: Me and my friend are going, i was too scared to go on my own! Have you added any extras?

Not at the moment, have you?
Ahhh lucky! I know like no one :frown: which halls are you in?
Not at the moment, have you?
Ahhh lucky! I know like no one :frown: which halls are you in?

I'm not sure yet, they said they'll be sending out the booklet with the info in soon?! Do you know where your staying and all that info?? :^_^:
I had a thought the other day: What do we do during the nights? Sit in lectures? Hopefully not.....can we go out of the acc. ? Oh boy would we have fun then :colone: I'm definitely not gunna be boring :lolz:
Reply 18
I had a thought the other day: What do we do during the nights? Sit in lectures? Hopefully not.....can we go out of the acc. ? Oh boy would we have fun then :colone: I'm definitely not gunna be boring :lolz:

You can do whatever you want in the nights. Most of the time I ended up just talking with people in the common room, although once I went out with some people and explored. I should warn you now that the lighting in the campus is absolutely abysmal and you can barely see anything at night. But that just adds to the fun :colone:
Reply 19
Aww yay! So we'll be there around the same time :smile:
Do you know which halls you're in? I'm in Ancanster I think

Florence boot hall and I'm in blue group :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending