The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
To be fair, u shouldn't be influenced by anyone else, even if you are in love!! I fell in love before i came to lancaster, and now live 150miles away from my boyfriend. All in all, its just made us a stronger couple cuz we appreciate eachother alot more when we see eachother. Its not as hard as i thought, and i knew if i declined my offer to be with him and we broke up i'd always regret not going. Know this doesnt change anything, but thought i'd say something anyway. Good luck at Manchester!! x
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
luke.. you've made a very brave decision. good luck to you mate. and as long as you're happy with the Manchester Met then it's okay to go with your girlfriend. if you're only doing it for her.. then you have 14 days from receiving your UCAS letter to change your mind.

good luck xx
Long distance relationships aren't as hard as people make out.
Reply 4
Carolinedoodle
Long distance relationships aren't as hard as people make out.

Agreed. I am biased though, considering I have a long distance relationship both at uni and at home, haha. :biggrin:
I wouldn't dwell on your decision now. Never regret your decision not to go to lancaster even if it doesn't work out with your girlfriend in the end (and i hope it does work for you). You have made the decision now....don't question your deciion..it's made. Make the best of what i'm sure will be a great time in Manchester!
Reply 6
Don't worry about it, everything happens for a reason so going to Manchester met might be a good thing for ya. Like random bloke said, your decision is made don't live in regret because you won't give manchester met a chance when you go there (if you do).xx
Reply 7
xxLaurenxx
Don't worry about it, everything happens for a reason so going to Manchester met might be a good thing for ya. Like random bloke said, your decision is made don't live in regret because you won't give manchester met a chance when you go there (if you do).xx

after seeing Lancaster i didn't give any other uni a chance. I was like "well its just not as good as Lancs really is it" Poeple got annoyed with me saying that :smile:
Reply 8
lol! i do exactly the same
luke88
This was the university I was the most excited about when I got an offer as I didn't expect it. I was really excited about going Lancaster and pretty much made my mind up. Then I went to visit the university, it was nice but too far from the town and I thought it was a bit too quite for me.
Still, I still was considering it.

Then I fell in love. My other half cancelled all offers made so she could go university with me. We went to visit Manchester Met uni and I really liked it and so did she. Then a few days later she rang me said she has cancelled all her offers and applied to Man Met. I felt really bad and was quite angry but then again i thought it was such a nice thing to do.
When I think about it, university without her would be agony.
But to the point, I had to firm Man Met.

I now feel really guilty for not firming Lancaster after they offered me a place. I was surprised and extremely happy. It was the only university I got nervous but excited about (if that makes sense?).
Dunno... Just feel like I've thrown something away.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense.

I'd probably wouldn't get the grades anyway.

Hi Luke,

I speak from experience. I chose the wrong university and course - I didn't research my course enough and hated it so much that I left in the first term. I also chose to be in Manchester as my girlfriend, at the time, was going there too.

I'm now in Lancaster and loving it - doing a course I really enjoy. My girlfriend lives 80 miles away, but we still have a solid relationship.

Just make sure the course you're doing in Manchester is one you'll really enjoy - otherwise you might find yourself in same boat as I did 3 years ago. Learn from my mistake.

Good luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending