The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

i have applied for 2 courses,should i sent a letter to explain why?

i am a international student taking CIE exam and got A*AAA in as level,including math economics history and physics .IGCSEs,4A*2A
I am appling for ECONOMICS , ECONOMICS AND ECONOMICS HISTORY in LSE.
as sb says before ,it will disadvantage my application for both courses if i do not explain why clearly,mostly rejected for both,is it true ?if yes, what should i do ?!
Reply 1
If applying for 2 courses, you'll almost certainly be rejected for one, and be considered for the other. Also, it is generally difficult to write a personal statement for two different degrees, and the general perception is that the admission tutors feel you aren't passionate enough for either of the degrees; could be potentially harmful. I'd say concentrate on applying for one of the two and write a flawless Personal statement for only one.
Good luck!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by billlady
i am a international student taking CIE exam and got A*AAA in as level,including math economics history and physics .IGCSEs,4A*2A
I am appling for ECONOMICS , ECONOMICS AND ECONOMICS HISTORY in LSE.
as sb says before ,it will disadvantage my application for both courses if i do not explain why clearly,mostly rejected for both,is it true ?if yes, what should i do ?!

What exactly are you planning on saying? I was in a very similar situation, but my "additional statement" was used to explain why I had now decided on Ec&EcH over Econ, I imagine finding a good reason for applying for both would be difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending