The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just got a conditional offer today to study nutrition. Fingers cross I get the grades :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 21
Original post by Elisha123
Just got a conditional offer today to study nutrition. Fingers cross I get the grades :smile:

Congrats!
Reply 22
Original post by truthandtragedy
I'm thinking it's my first choice so far, but I'm indecisive so we'll see haha. Nope, I've never been before. I'm planning on making wee trips early next year to each of my choices, it's just difficult because I'm so far away right now!
Did you go? xx

I did yea, and it made me want it even more haha! Tres pathetique!

Original post by DCFCfan4eva
nice one! I've just go an offer to do sports psychology and Bournemouth is my first choice!!! :biggrin:

If I get an offer from Bournemouth, I'm going to make it my first choice too! :biggrin:
Reply 24
Hey all, just joined the site, I got an unconditional offer from BU yesterday which is good because I made it my only choice to do Computing. It took a week and a half to come through, have any of you decided on accomodation yet?
Reply 25
Original post by shortenough
I'm applying for digital media design and I just sent off my UCAS :biggrin:

I'm applying for digital media design too. :smile: Have a conditional offer from Bournemouth, and thinking of making them my first choice. How about you?
Got an interview for Computer Visualisation an Animation on January 30th.
Original post by AaronBaker
I'm applying for digital media design too. :smile: Have a conditional offer from Bournemouth, and thinking of making them my first choice. How about you?

Nice. Well Done on your conditional :smile:
I haven't heard back yet but Bournemouth's my first choice
were you at the open day?
Reply 28
Nice. Well Done on your conditional :smile:
I haven't heard back yet but Bournemouth's my first choice
were you at the open day?

Thanks. :smile: Yeah, on the 10th of November one. You?
Thanks. :smile: Yeah, on the 10th of November one. You?

Yeah I went to that one too :biggrin:
I got a conditional the other week - it's my first choice. Just waiting on Notts Trent's decision before making my insurance choice!
Reply 31
Hey guyss!

I am applying to BU this week :smile: but some says that's a boring place..what do you think? did you go to an open day or anybody have an idea about the accomodation halls, city, and fun! :smile: ?
Original post by erdac
Hey guyss!

I am applying to BU this week :smile: but some says that's a boring place..what do you think? did you go to an open day or anybody have an idea about the accomodation halls, city, and fun! :smile: ?

I think you really have to go there yourself to get an idea of what the place is like and if you like it
personally I've been there a few times and really like it there plus my friends been living there for a while now and loves it
I went to an open day last month when I was undecided between two courses i wanted to take and it really helped with my decision.
There's guaranteed accommodation for first years in either halls or Uni-Let if you make BU your first choice.
I personally like the city there and heard it has a good night life.
hope this helps :smile:
Reply 33
I think you really have to go there yourself to get an idea of what the place is like and if you like it
personally I've been there a few times and really like it there plus my friends been living there for a while now and loves it
I went to an open day last month when I was undecided between two courses i wanted to take and it really helped with my decision.
There's guaranteed accommodation for first years in either halls or Uni-Let if you make BU your first choice.
I personally like the city there and heard it has a good night life.
hope this helps :smile:

thanks a lot :smile:) this helps :smile: unfortunately I have no chance to visit because I am from Cyprus and it won't be so easy for me and my family to fly as we have different holiday sessions, exam sessions etc :/
plus it will be costy :wink:
Which course you want? Me, product design bsc :smile:
Reply 34
Yeah I went to that one too :biggrin:

Cool. I think it was probably the Monsters Inc. Sulley model in the doorway that sealed the deal for me. :tongue:

I'm sure you'll get an offer, so let me know when you do. It'd be nice to know who's on the course. :smile:
Original post by erdac
thanks a lot :smile:) this helps :smile: unfortunately I have no chance to visit because I am from Cyprus and it won't be so easy for me and my family to fly as we have different holiday sessions, exam sessions etc :/
plus it will be costy :wink:
Which course you want? Me, product design bsc :smile:

ah sorry didn't realise
I want to do Digital Media Design
Cool. I think it was probably the Monsters Inc. Sulley model in the doorway that sealed the deal for me. :tongue:

I'm sure you'll get an offer, so let me know when you do. It'd be nice to know who's on the course. :smile:

haha yeah that was so cool

Yup i'll let you know, I really hope I get in especially as it looked like an interesting course
Reply 37
Original post by omguniversity
Ahh, I really want to get into Bournemouth. It's my first choice! :smile:
I have applied for Creative Multimedia Design FdA.

It's so nerve-wrecking because although I know it's not a competition, my friends are getting their offers and I'm here freaking out!

Pardon your pun! :P (Nerve is the university's Student Union magazine) lol.

Original post by erdac
Hey guyss!

I'm in my first year at Bournemouth University at the moment and I can tell you Bournemouth is definitely not boring!

The accommodation in general is good. Most of the accommodation is considerably new, apart from Cranbourne House, which is being refurbished at the moment. If you do choose to go to Bournemouth Uni next year, I suggest you apply for Dorchester House or Cranbourne House. These two are the newest and are the best in my opinion.

The town is nice, you have lots of shops, a few parks, pubs, etc. Just a normal town.

The nightlife at the university is very good. Lots of clubs and bars around, including the university nightclub in town, The Old Firestation. They also have an O2 Academy if your interested in going to see gigs!
Most of the clubs do student nights where entry and drinks are dirt cheap!
Ahhh, I just got an unconditional offer! I'm in shock, Bournemouth is my first choice. :smile: Time to plan a visit, I think!!
anyone apply for creative multimedia design fda ?
really want to get into that course I'M SCARED HELP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending