The Student Room Group

Why is anti-social behaviour increasing in Britain?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Zerforax
Chavs breed faster than other people.

Hardworking couple - get married and have kids in their 30s and have only 1 or 2 kids.

Chavs - breeding at 16-20 and having 4 kids, those 4 kids then have 4 kids of their own at aged 16-20 (total of 32 to 40 years) = 16 anti-social chavs compared to the 2 hardworking kids.

Simple maths.

Very good point

So at some point we will have to stop benefits because the ratio of taxpayers to spongers will be too great. I personally think we need to remove voting rights from people who sponge because otherwise they could form a majority who decide to tax "middle england" at 60% to fund their pathetic lives.
Original post by SuperWolfPaws
On going social unrest perhaps?, cuts to peoples benefits, lack of realistic options to better yourself by work and education.Lack of jobs, poor housing, lack of nutrition, increased racism , social divide, class divide cultural divide. Propaganda against the poorest. Lack of compassion for the vulnerable and the poor. Single mindedness .
Stereo typing single parents, 'oh she had a baby for benefits' , yes every women who finds herself in that situation is devious obviously.
Anarchism is a safe bet when you have little trust in government. :colone:

Oh, look, the resident lentil-eater's here...

The OP's right. It stems from a lack of respect in general, and that's the fault of the parents - it's the parents' responsibility to bring their children up properly, and with manners and morals.

Anyone who believes that there isn't anyone who has children just to get benefits is deluded. There are many out there who don't care about their kids, but they care about the money they receive. As I've mentioned in previous threads, benefits should only be paid to those that really need them, i.e. those who are genuinely disabled and unable to work; those who are made redundant; to support those in low-paid work, such as child benefit and tax credit. Benefits shouldn't be a way of life, as has seemingly become the case for many lazy gits.

Unfortunately, too much bureaucracy and dumbing-down has exacerbated the problem.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by billydisco
No it is not. You completely ignored my opening questions, instead trying to suggest what I implied was not true. I have to side-step to meet your silly questions.

No I am saying there is no deterrent/worry about getting pregnant. Whats the worst that can happen? You get a cushty flat, money and dont have to work 9 to 5 for a while.

Not always, some single mothers are put into shared accommodation with other single parents. The money is basic and they would have to job seek in 5 years. While looking after a troubled child. Not much fun. If u think lots of women would choose to do this than get a job , fine. But my point of view is that it is more a result of poor education and circumstances.
No it is not. You completely ignored my opening questions, instead trying to suggest what I implied was not true. I have to side-step to meet your silly questions.

No I am saying there is no deterrent/worry about getting pregnant. Whats the worst that can happen? You get a cushty flat, money and dont have to work 9 to 5 for a while.

Have you actually ever met any teen mums?
I live and work in one of the poorest parts of the UK, I've met plenty, none are how you describe.
I agree that there is no "worry" for many who get pregnant, as typically young motherhood is not unacceptable or taboo, but that doesn't mean they don't work hard to provide for their children.
Reply 24
The money is basic and they would have to job seek in 5 years.

Basic to you and me- not basic to them- they're hardly from the upper classes of British society.....

While looking after a troubled child. Not much fun.

Maybe this is why more children under single parent "families" grow up to be trouble? :wink:

If u think lots of women would choose to do this than get a job , fine. But my point of view is that it is more a result of poor education and circumstances.

I know for a fact, first hand that many girls dont give a crap about a job/theres no chance of them getting one anyway.

Its not "education", its about growing up around that lifestyle- scummy family, nobody decent to tell them what not to do etc.
Reply 25
Original post by Popppppy
Have you actually ever met any teen mums?
I live and work in one of the poorest parts of the UK, I've met plenty, none are how you describe.
I agree that there is no "worry" for many who get pregnant, as typically young motherhood is not unacceptable or taboo, but that doesn't mean they don't work hard to provide for their children.

Yes i know plenty. They all come from very lower class backgrounds. Nobody has a career in their families. All went to a crap comprehensive school. No qualifications- no incentive to further themselves. Its all about x factor and sky sports.
Reply 26
Why is it that most of these right wingers sound like deeply unpleasent people?

can you imagine having billydisco or chefdave as your kid or partner or something? Jesus christ it would be a nightmare
Basic to you and me- not basic to them- they're hardly from the upper classes of British society.....

Maybe this is why more children under single parent "families" grow up to be trouble? :wink:

I know for a fact, first hand that many girls dont give a crap about a job/theres no chance of them getting one anyway.

Its not "education", its about growing up around that lifestyle- scummy family, nobody decent to tell them what not to do etc.

Then wouldn't you agree they need to be educated to think that they can achieve to do things other than end up on benefits? There is a cycle of growing up in bad families, how would you suppose it ends? stave them off?
packing single parents in concrete blocks next door to pedophiles and drug addicts doesn't do to much to help them become good familys and productive members of society anyway.
of course there are some nasty characters who have babies for benefits, were i live that is not the majority i ve been in tears with some stories i ve listen to from single women, so i would suggest you open
your mind just a little more . not every person on benefits is lazy and evil.
Original post by Tabzqt

can you imagine having billydisco or chefdave as your kid or partner or something? Jesus christ it would be a nightmare

:rofl: i did go out with a right wing conservative, he was lovely at first then turned into one scray monster. :frown:
Reply 29
It's not just children who haven't been brought up properly performing antisocial behaviour. I see lot of students who seem to come from well-off families and educated backgrounds committing such behaviours too...but people seem to ignore that and blame the 'chavs' :rolleyes:
i blame alcohol, the media, and the weaker family values
I love how you refer to lazy *******s as "vulnerable".

Referring to the rest of your post, I wonder how many have walked into a FREE library to read a book and learn something? Oh, I already know the answer.....

This is TSR. I'd say you'd get at least 90% of the people here have walked in to a library to read books. On any other forum, your point would have some sort of substance, but here you just look stupid and well you made me laugh
:rofl: i did go out with a right wing conservative, he was lovely at first then turned into one scray monster. :frown:

...how does this relate to the topic? jw...

how does being a right winnger relate to anti social behaviour ?
Original post by medicine gapper
...how does this relate to the topic? jw...

how does being a right winnger relate to anti social behaviour ?

just the point that he had VERY strong right wing views , and he was not a compassionate person. not trying to generalize others. just saying.
Reply 34
Original post by Tabzqt

Maybe it's because most right-wingers believe in nature and nature is about unpleasantness? For the same reason lefties are devoid of reality because they do not like unpleasantness.....?
just the point that he had VERY strong right wing views , and he was not a compassionate person. not trying to generalize others. just saying.

fair does :smile:
Reply 36
Maybe it's because most right-wingers believe in nature and nature is about unpleasantness? For the same reason lefties are devoid of reality because they do not like unpleasantness.....?

are you like this irl too?
My personal opinion is that the ideal of the two-parent family have been quashed, along with the move away from the traditional strict education approach. Children are not taught any respect from a young age.

Why is this UK Politics? Its been caused by left-wing politics.

Ah BillyDisco, we meet again :wink:

And it really, really hasn't :rolleyes: You've simply made a statement with no evidence to back it up - are you suggesting that single parents can't raise children to be respectful, productive members of society?
Reply 38
Original post by Chad_Bronson
And it really, really hasn't :rolleyes:

What hasnt? You actually believe anti-social behaviour hasn't gotten worse?

You've simply made a statement with no evidence to back it up

Just because I did not include evidence doesn't make it factually incorrect.

are you suggesting that single parents can't raise children to be respectful, productive members of society?

I am suggesting a child brought up in a single child family has a higher probability of causing anti-social behaviour than one who grew up in a proper two-parent family.

Are you suggesting there is no difference? Every study would disagree with you...
My personal opinion is that the ideal of the two-parent family have been quashed, along with the move away from the traditional strict education approach. Children are not taught any respect from a young age.

Why is this UK Politics? Its been caused by left-wing politics.

lower socio economic classes seem to reproduce at a much higer rate than the educated. They don't have the correct upbringing and only have animal instincts; sex, food and violence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending