The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Best accomadation at Lincoln?

Lincoln is probably going to be my 1st choice and I visited recently and the model home they showed us of the on-campus accommodation wasn't really nice as the rooms (especially the bathroom) looked real small and it looked nothing like what they had on the website and that kind of put me of on-campus accommodation at Lincoln.
What accommodation would you say is best in terms of social life and size/how nice the rooms are

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
social life courts (the on campus) is the best as its all freshers. one of my friends was there last year and she loved it, made loads of friends and she said after she decorated her room it wasnt too bad, had a matress topper etc.

the thing you have to remember is that youre only going to sleep there. it isnt going to be the hilton. there are bigger rooms in like junxions but its not as social for a fresher?

its really up to you.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
do they have cleaners on campus? I was reading that they don't have them at courts
Original post by racheal-leigh
Lincoln is probably going to be my 1st choice and I visited recently and the model home they showed us of the on-campus accommodation wasn't really nice as the rooms (especially the bathroom) looked real small and it looked nothing like what they had on the website and that kind of put me of on-campus accommodation at Lincoln.
What accommodation would you say is best in terms of social life and size/how nice the rooms are

Are you not going to the open days? I'm going this weekend then ill decide

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Original post by Harriet_Dunn
Are you not going to the open days? I'm going this weekend then ill decide

Yeah I did, but they only showed us on-campus accommodation and not off-campus and the on-campus accommodation they showed us was horrible tbh and if that's the model accommodation which is supposed to make people want to go there then I dread to think what it actually looks like! Also I asked the student tour guides and a lot of them recommended "the pavillions" which is off-campus accommodation but is literally next door to the Uni but we weren't allowed to view it
Yeah I did, but they only showed us on-campus accommodation and not off-campus and the on-campus accommodation they showed us was horrible tbh and if that's the model accommodation which is supposed to make people want to go there then I dread to think what it actually looks like! Also I asked the student tour guides and a lot of them recommended "the pavillions" which is off-campus accommodation but is literally next door to the Uni but we weren't allowed to view it

Yeah I'm not too sure as the website is crap, but I think my friends living in pavilions! I'm going to look this weekend:smile: so I don't know, but even though they say on or off campus all of them are basically on campus haha as its very spread out, but there's one they recommend for freshers :smile:

Best accommodation is definitely pavilions or Bradford quay and then junctions! Courts is gross :smile: went today!

Reply 7
Best accommodation is definitely pavilions or Bradford quay and then junctions! Courts is gross :smile: went today!

What they showed on the website definitely wasn't the same as the actual thing, I hated it when I visited! When I went most people told me Pavilions was best but it didn't have the freshers vibe because people there were in 2nd and 3rd year also
What they showed on the website definitely wasn't the same as the actual thing, I hated it when I visited! When I went most people told me Pavilions was best but it didn't have the freshers vibe because people there were in 2nd and 3rd year also

Yeah that's courts. It's gross, and nope that's wrong, they put you with your own year :smile: so a different floor may be freshers and the one above is 2nd year :smile:

Reply 9
I live in the Junxions and ive been to the pavillions as well, they are both pretty much the same, junxion`s a little expensive because its slightly closer to the uni. i heard Brayford quay looks nice but i've never been inside , they are all much better than courts..
Reply 10
Brayford Court!! Yeah!! though owned by lighthouse :'(
On-campus halls look appealing mostly because of the proximity to the uni. To be honest I wouldn't mind staying in any of the accommodation, I doubt I'll be spending much of my time there anyway! :tongue:

Mostly just anxious to apply now, set Lincoln as my Firm choice but want to confirm I'll have somewhere to stay :c
Original post by British-Student
On-campus halls look appealing mostly because of the proximity to the uni. To be honest I wouldn't mind staying in any of the accommodation, I doubt I'll be spending much of my time there anyway! :tongue:

Mostly just anxious to apply now, set Lincoln as my Firm choice but want to confirm I'll have somewhere to stay :c

None of them are far and the closest Is junctions :smile: I preferred pavilions but its not really off campus it's next to sport x

Just checked out The Junxion and The Pavilions, and wow :redface: look pretty awesome. how did I not see them?!
Just checked out The Junxion and The Pavilions, and wow :redface: look pretty awesome. how did I not see them?!

I know! Pavilions is my favourite

Just reeeeeeeally want to apply now! Feels a bit surreal, applying for a flat... in England... on my own :tongue:
Just reeeeeeeally want to apply now! Feels a bit surreal, applying for a flat... in England... on my own :tongue:

Where are you from

Where are you from

South Wales :smile: Bit of a move, but worth it! yourself?
I was at Lincoln and I was on campus and it was HORRIBLE. We had endless amounts of problems with our flat and half of the flats have been renovate and have modern kitchens, sofas, etc the other half haven't. Our oven took 30 mins to warm up and we didn't have a sofa- only uncomfy green chairs but could see the flats across the road with their amazing flats which was horrid. Also, there are no on campus flat cleaners- there are cleaners that occasionally clean the main stair bit but none for your actual flat. The rooms are also dingy and seriously over looked- I used to have to keep my curtains constantly shut because the flat opposite me could see straight in!
My friend was at the Junxion and it was gorgeous! So much nicer than on campus and in such a great location. pav's are good but a bit 'out of it' whereas Junxion is soooo close to the library and the shop is directly below haha!

Original post by georgiacwood
I was at Lincoln and I was on campus and it was HORRIBLE. We had endless amounts of problems with our flat and half of the flats have been renovate and have modern kitchens, sofas, etc the other half haven't. Our oven took 30 mins to warm up and we didn't have a sofa- only uncomfy green chairs but could see the flats across the road with their amazing flats which was horrid. Also, there are no on campus flat cleaners- there are cleaners that occasionally clean the main stair bit but none for your actual flat. The rooms are also dingy and seriously over looked- I used to have to keep my curtains constantly shut because the flat opposite me could see straight in!
My friend was at the Junxion and it was gorgeous! So much nicer than on campus and in such a great location. pav's are good but a bit 'out of it' whereas Junxion is soooo close to the library and the shop is directly below haha!

Wow :eek: thanks for your input! Tbh after reading this thread, I'm looking at off campus accommodation more and more seriously!

Quick Reply

Latest