The Student Room Group

ICT AQA Course Work 100%

Hi all. Ok so i graduated from sixth form! YAY

So now i have my ICT course work just lying around and decided to share it with all of you.

i received a 100%. 70/70 so i bet it will be of great use for you. There are a few spelling error and grammatical error though. I hope that doesn't bother you much :biggrin:

Here is the link to my course work:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0adfvyeu3nwt0

If you have any questions or comment, please feel free to drop by

thanks,
Vidhu
(edited 11 years ago)
Wow did you really get 100% for it? .. That's impressive. What did you get as your overall A-Level grade?

Thanks for sharing, this will be of much use :biggrin:

F
Reply 2
I got an A* For ICT, and yes i did get a 100% for it.

here is some advice i can give:
- Follow the marking criteria. AND the description for each section. This is very important and is not to be over looked. Eg

For Section: background and investigation
One of the criteria is about the current system and this is how the marks are allocated to it
Capture.PNG
now as u can see to get a full 3 marks on that u MUST have the information it asks for. Don't think "nah, its a rly small thing, ill get away with that"

I have a attached the marking sheet to this post and to the original post for you to download.

- Second
I would recommend you use the titles or headings which I have used as these are the ones which stick very closely to the marking sheet.

- Third
After finishing each section, make sure you covered what the marking grid asks. Once you are convinced that you will get a 100% for that section. ASK a teacher to mark that section. If you have any thing missing, FIX it before moving to the next section. Most students in my class thought that they will come back later and fix it. Trust me, it did more harm than good. Jumping around your course work causes you to miss important point and causes a lot of contradiction in your work which can cost you easy marks.

- Fourth
If possible, HAVE A REAL CLEINT, this will significantly improve your chances to get a 100%. If you make up a client in your head and make up a scenario in your head, over the long run, this will reflect in your course work because out of no where you might add something extra. Example, you might add a client requirement which doesn't solve or even relate a problem you mention during the analysis and investigation stage of your course work. So please please please try and find a real client. A tip to find one is ask a staff in your school to be your client. Many of them will be wanting something or the other which you can work on.

- Fifth Document everything you do relating to the system you are working on. Like while building it, you will probably go to your client to cross check if everything so far you did is up to expectations. This really adds lots and lots of value to your work. AND to document it, mention in a line or two like "at this point i felt the need to cross check with my client if everything that's built so far is up to his expectation" Here is the transcript of our meeting........ YES include the transcript. You have to prove by showing evidence you actually had the meeting and didn't just throw that line in there.

- Sixth (a reiteration of point 5) if you mention you did anything significant, always evidence them. Things like "i had a meeting, i investigated the current paper based system, i tested this feature, also credit sources of any thing you use to avoid plagiarism, eg Google chrome is used by 36% of the population. (show a screen shot and mention its source)

So that's all i can come up with, if you have any question, please ask me :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Vidhu
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by MBT Bot
It's been a while since you posted and nobody's replied yet...maybe you should check out MarkedbyTeachers.com, TSR's sister site. It has the largest library of essays in the UK with over 173,000+ coursework, essays, homeworks etc.. all written by GCSE, A Level, University and IB students across all topics.

Handpicked examples show formative feedback comments from some brilliant teachers. Plus, reviews from A* students and hints, tips & common mistakes from their teacher team. You get access either by publishing some of your own work, or paying £4.99 for a month's access. Both ways give you unlimited access to all of the essays.

All their documents are submitted to Turnitin anti-plagiarism software, so it can't be misused, and the site's used by hundreds of thousands of UK teachers and students.

What's more, you can take a look around the site and preview the work, read reviews and teacher summaries AND view the hints and tips absolutely free. Click here to find out more...

i already tried but unfortunately my coursework is too big for them to accept. ICT course work requires lots of images as evidence so increase file size a lot.
Reply 4
Original post by vidhu1911
I got an A* For ICT, and yes i did get a 100% for it.

here is some advice i can give:
- Follow the marking criteria. AND the description for each section. This is very important and is not to be over looked. Eg

I have a attached the marking sheet to this post and to the original post for you to download.

- Second
I would recommend you use the titles or headings which I have used as these are the ones which stick very closely to the marking sheet.

- Third
After finishing each section, make sure you covered what the marking grid asks. Once you are convinced that you will get a 100% for that section. ASK a teacher to mark that section. If you have any thing missing, FIX it before moving to the next section. Most students in my class thought that they will come back later and fix it. Trust me, it did more harm than good. Jumping around your course work causes you to miss important point and causes a lot of contradiction in your work which can cost you easy marks.

- Fourth
If possible, HAVE A REAL CLEINT, this will significantly improve your chances to get a 100%. If you make up a client in your head and make up a scenario in your head, over the long run, this will reflect in your course work because out of no where you might add something extra. Example, you might add a client requirement which doesn't solve or even relate a problem you mention during the analysis and investigation stage of your course work. So please please please try and find a real client. A tip to find one is ask a staff in your school to be your client. Many of them will be wanting something or the other which you can work on.

- Fifth Document everything you do relating to the system you are working on. Like while building it, you will probably go to your client to cross check if everything so far you did is up to expectations. This really adds lots and lots of value to your work. AND to document it, mention in a line or two like "at this point i felt the need to cross check with my client if everything that's built so far is up to his expectation" Here is the transcript of our meeting........ YES include the transcript. You have to prove by showing evidence you actually had the meeting and didn't just throw that line in there.

- Sixth (a reiteration of point 5) if you mention you did anything significant, always evidence them. Things like "i had a meeting, i investigated the current paper based system, i tested this feature, also credit sources of any thing you use to avoid plagiarism, eg Google chrome is used by 36% of the population. (show a screen shot and mention its source)

So that's all i can come up with, if you have any question, please ask me :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Vidhu

You are very generous.
I'm not sure if there are any rules against this though - i.e. any past examples that our teacher gave us had to be handed back in promptly to stop this sort of thing happening. -i.e. in my view anyone that hasn't seen your post/does not use TSR is at an unfair disadvantage.

I will say that your post is very informative, however I disagree on a couple of points

Having a real client is not as important as you think, despite what your teachers may think/have told you. In some cases it will hold you back, or even ask too much of you. Having a real solid idea of a client is important though - i.e. you might have to show emails between the two of you (I believe the exam board is testing whether you deem it important to interact with a client, and showing how you would go about it - not necessarily doing it - as weird as that sounds).

Also doing everything in order is not always a great idea. I had no clue what I or the software was capable of until I got to the implementation stage. I know for sure that I got the grade I did because I did not do it in order.

I also got 100% for this project (around 4 years ago).
Reply 5
Original post by The_Soul_Patch
Any other useful documents you can give I will greatly appreciate :smile:

Come on, this project is all about how much effort you are willing to put in. You are very lucky to have received this example/project - if this isn't more than enough to at least point you in the right direction I don't know what will.
WOW thank you so so so so much!
I was really having trouble with the project (got 1/14 for background & investigation :dry:)
I'm sure this will help me a lot - given you a rep!
Congratulations on getting 100% by the way
Reply 7
Congratulations, I am jealous. I am only at a C/B for my coursework. :'(
Thank' bro ! It's very helpful !! :biggrin:

Quick Reply