The Student Room Group

Illnesses and rashes in Bristol

my friend recently visited Bristol and noticed a great quantity of people in the city had rashes, or seemed really depressed, disabled or mentally ill. She also commented on an uneasy atmosphere generated by brightly coloured houses to cover up this malaise. Has anyone else noticed anything odd about Bristol or know of any diseases, or pollution that could be linked to this?
Reply 1
From what I've heard, Bristol is a lovely place.
yeah, Bristol is GREAT.... Your mate's a ******
I wanted constructive contributions thanks. surely you shouldn't be berated for having a certain impression of a place? this is a democracy we're living in.
the fact that it is a democracy means that I CAN berate you for having a certain impression of the place ! ! ! Anyway, constructively, I love Bristol, and I think it's great. Massive Attack, Portishead, Tricky are all great, and co-incidenically all from Bristol. It's a good place to go out (esp. the Waterfront) it's pretty, it's got a great accent, the people are friendly (and not ill!) its youthful (if you know what I mean)... anyway, can't think of anymore. Yeah, I've got no idea why you're friend would say that. Outside of London, in my personal opinion, one of the best cities in the UK
Reply 5
haha your friend need a slap on the bum!

"The Hills of Bristol Have Eyes" lol
Reply 6
Lirael Abhorsen
I wanted constructive contributions thanks. surely you shouldn't be berated for having a certain impression of a place? this is a democracy we're living in.

For the record, simply justifying your views using the "we live in a democracy" tagline is a great example of Pascal's flaw.

Lirael Abhorsen
my friend recently visited Bristol and noticed a great quantity of people in the city had rashes, or seemed really depressed, disabled or mentally ill. She also commented on an uneasy atmosphere generated by brightly coloured houses to cover up this malaise. Has anyone else noticed anything odd about Bristol or know of any diseases, or pollution that could be linked to this?

But anyway, what a stupid thing to say about the city. Oh no wait, sorry, maybe they're all suffering from the Bristol Plague...
Reply 7
You all got Bird Flu!

Latest

Trending

Trending