The Student Room Group

How strong are my A-Levels?

Hi, i'm Alex and am currently studying:

AS Psychology
AS Biology
AS History
A2 ICT (I completed my AS a year early and gained a B grade)

My target grades are all B's although with Biology and History my teachers believe that I will gain two A grades respectively?

I am currently thinking about studying a type of Law at Uni, and I am aware that Oxford/Cambridge and other of the top Uni's requiring three A's for example may be out of my reach?

If anyone can let me know how strong they think that my A-Levels are and what my best option regarding University would be; whether my choices are correct to study Law then that would greatly appreciated!

Thank you! :smile:
You can definitely do law with those subjects and grades but it's really down to you to decide whether you as a person are suited to it. If you think it's something you want to do then do it.

Your AS predicted grades aren't the be-all and end-all, mine changed massively from the start of AS because your teachers are just guessing then, you'll have to wait till results come out to decide what unis to apply to.
Law is competative! You've also missed the deadline for Oxbridge applications (15th October) so you don't even need to worry about that....
Don't be disheartened;
If your GCSE's are strong and your AS's are ok there is still a very good chance... what were you AS's if you don't mind me asking?
Make sure you work very hard at a good personal statement. Attend open days for the universities you like. WORK HARD! Work hard at Jan/ Jane modules left, do lots of revision... try your very hardest... that is if you really want to get there!!
Original post by pavthechav1
Law is competative! You've also missed the deadline for Oxbridge applications (15th October) so you don't even need to worry about that....
Don't be disheartened;
If your GCSE's are strong and your AS's are ok there is still a very good chance... what were you AS's if you don't mind me asking?
Make sure you work very hard at a good personal statement. Attend open days for the universities you like. WORK HARD! Work hard at Jan/ Jane modules left, do lots of revision... try your very hardest... that is if you really want to get there!!

I think OP's in year 12..
Reply 4
Original post by asdfghjklEllie
I think OP's in year 12..

Yeah I am, sorry, forgot to mention that!

Quick Reply

Latest