The Student Room Group

Building up the courage to talk to a girl.

Well, me and this girl have been having these sort of looking at each other every time we see each other. I'm pretty sure from how often she's being doing it that she feels some attraction towards me. I always thought she was pretty ever since I saw her but one day I noticed her staring at me, and I looked over and she was quicker than a bullet to turn around, I thought it was cute to be honest. She does this on a regular basis, two or three times a day when I see her.

Today, she looked amazing, I really couldn't believe it. I always thought she was a really pretty but today she looked amazing. It made me want to go over and get her number. It's just I don't really have the confidence.

Should I grow a pair, or do you think she will eventually come to me. She does seem very shy so I was wondering what you guys thought.
Reply 1
I would just start by asking her something simple about school, like homework or something (I'm assuming you're in school), then build on this every time you see her. You don't want to go in all guns blazing and scare her off if she is quite shy. Hope this helped :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Just man up and say hello. A lot of girls tend to want the guy to make the first move (for some weird reason) so do it.
Reply 3
Na, I'm at college :P. I don't know how to initiate it though. It's hard to just go over to someone and talk to them about something. I'm quite shy around girls I like. I saw her again today though, she did look at me, but I've tried to avoid looking at her, I don't want to freak her out. I dunno I think I'm just wishing she'll say something to me. Half term next week and I'd love to have her number before it starts. Somehow I don't think this will happen.
Don't change how you act towards her, so stop avoiding looking at her because she's probably noticed you looking otherwise she wouldn't let you catch her looking at you. If you start avoiding her she'll think you don't like her and then you may as well leave it. Just speak to her, say hello, ask for a pen or if you're too scared to start a random conversation just hold a door open for her at the very least you'll get a thank you and she will have begun the conversation, confidence is the key.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Don't change how you act towards her, so stop avoiding looking at her because she's probably noticed you looking otherwise she wouldn't let you catch her looking at you. If you start avoiding her she'll think you don't like her and then you may as well leave it. Just speak to her, say hello, ask for a pen or if you're too scared to start a random conversation just hold a door open for her at the very least you'll get a thank you and she will have begun the conversation, confidence is the key.

I really hope you are right, it's half term tomorrow and I'm worried that she might have completely forgotten about me by then. I daren't say anything to her. It's great advice, I don't even know her name. She is always with a few other girls so I can never just go over to her. I just wish she came to me, or at least one of her friends to ask for my number. I suppose this is just another, I've got no confidence threads! :-/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending