The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

what is Kingston University like?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Seaton
I'm part of the rugby club, went to first social last night.

Was the first time I have ever been to a club (Oceana)

I left two hours before someone got stabbed and died of his wounds. :s-smilie: :confused:

By f**k if it is not the last!

So you left at like midnight? lmaooo was there anypoint in going
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 21
I'm quite sure that it was the university where the lecturers threatened to give their students '****' marks, if they didn't give good feedback, which were to be taken into account for the league tables. This was was a couple years ago, I think.

Says a lot about the university.
Reply 22
Original post by smithyinthehouse
So you left at like midnight? lmaooo was there anypoint in going

All the sources I have read place the discovery of the victim at 3:30am, hope it is a case of knowledge of incorrect facts, and not a representation of your arithmetic ability.
Reply 23
Original post by Lawyer-92
I'm quite sure that it was the university where the lecturers threatened to give their students '****' marks, if they didn't give good feedback, which were to be taken into account for the league tables. This was was a couple years ago, I think.

Says a lot about the university.

Where did you hear this? Thats bull****, sorry but lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Seaton
I'm part of the rugby club, went to first social last night.

Was the first time I have ever been to a club (Oceana)

I left two hours before someone got stabbed and died of his wounds. :s-smilie: :confused:

By f**k if it is not the last!

lol you were pretty bad luck. I've never heard of stabbing in Kingston, let alone in Oceana student night. I'm sure they'll increase security now that it's happened though. Did u enjoy it though??
and I still recommend KUSS society :tongue:
Reply 25
Original post by yennibubs
Did u enjoy it though??

Aye, thought I would have been bored originally but not for the first time in my life I am glad I was wrong. Would have stayed longer but in between having being tired from a rugby match earlier, the hour+ long commute home (assuming I spend no time waiting for buses) and a 9AM lecture... maybe next time.

Go on, call me soft. :biggrin:
Reply 26
It's a great place to study, friendly people, lots to get involved with, and a really nice area. The student body is very diverse! You will meet lots of interesting people!
(undergrad in the life sciences dept)
Reply 27
Original post by sweetiepie
I've been researching into Kingston quite a bit and I really like what I'm reading/hearing but I was wondering if anyone had any positive/negative experiences to share or has been/goes and would recommend it etc?

I'll be applying for midwifery, so any information about the course or placements or just the health science department in general would be great as well but generally any feedback appreciated.

thanks guys :smile:

im studying at kingston, its a great uni. lecturers/tutors are really nice and you do get quite a bit of help. in schools they're always saying how universities are very independent etc, and it is but at kingston they have this PDP thing [personal development planning] which basically gives tutors and students more interaction, they help you with educational as well as personal problems, but you can always talk to another tutor that you feel more comfortable with. i really feel comfortable with one of my tutors [im half field student] from last semester. so i can still email her and talk to her if i have any issues. as for the location, kingston is a great town, the shops are amazing, you get from cheaper stores such as primark to the expensive, the bentalls centre, where they sell designer things. one thing i don't like about it is that there aren't many major supermarkets nearby. theres a sainburys in kingston and surbiton, but its not the largest also it can be more expensive than other supermarkets. there is an asda but you have to either walk it there, which is about 10-15 minutes away from kingston town, or get a bus or cab, which you will have to pay for. there is small tesco next to kingston station, but they dont have many things there. nearest tesco extra is in new malden which is 30 minutes away, and you take the bus 131 there. other than that, everyone ive spoken to, including myself love living in kingston and the university is amazing. hope this helped.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 19941994
The science courses at Kingston are in Penrhyn campus, the main one. I started there this september doing forensic science. So far its really good, i love it! Kingston is a nice area, Town is close to the campus and it has everything you'll need. The night life is great. Most of my lecturers are good, they put slides from lectures online so you have access to them. Some negatives, cant think of many actually. I guess the campus itself isnt the best looking, the lecture halls arent what you expect normal halls to be, I mean most of the buildings just have classrooms. But at the end of the day that doesnt really matter, as long as you get a good education, enjoy the course and like the Uni you will do well. I think if you make good friends you will have fun at Kingston :smile:
I dont really know what else to tell you, just ask me anything you want to know :smile:

I'm planning on doing forensic science at Kingston university, I'm assuming you're still there, how are you finding it? Do they teach it well?
Faizan is going there.
Reply 30
Original post by Randall13
Faizan is going there.

Who's Faizan LOL

Quick Reply

Latest