The Student Room Group

AQA unit 5 issues - ethics help

K first off if I get a 'coursework.info' adbot reply I'll be very annoyed lol.

Right anyway, I'm doing model answers for my unit 5 issues (gender, culture, ethics, animals) and I'm having real trouble with this ethics one. The essay I've wrote has a good intro but then I get bogged down doing a paragraph on deception, then consent, then privacy, and then physical/psychological harm. So by the end of that I'm almost 3 sides in and haven't even mentioned all about socially sensitive research! I need to try and group the issues or something. My structure is basically all off.

So, what I'm wondering is could I possibly look at someone else's one if they've done one, or if I was to send it to one of you peeps, could you gimme advice on the one I'm writing at the mo? Thanks in advance anyone offering :smile:

EDIT note: Also, am I right in thinking that if the question asks you to describe 'ethical issues' that you don't go on about socially sensitive research as this is, if you will, a separate thing
Reply 1
:mad: !
Reply 2
You'd be right in thinking that ethics and socially sensitive research are separate. In the exam, you can put SSR into an ethics essay, but you can only get away with putting ethics into a SSR essay if the issues are relevant (for example, confidentiality is paramount in senstive areas, where divulging information may lead to divisive social policies - e.g. findings from AIDS research may be used to back compulsory antibody testing). A popular question seems to be "discuss the ethics of socially sensitive research". In this case, you need to be selective, and pick a few ethical issues that are pertinent to topics such as race and intelligence, genetics etc. I'm sitting the unit 5 exam in summer also so if you email me your essay i'll have a look at it if u would like some feedpack on it.

Latest