The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Some unis don't ask to see them. Some will ask you to bring them to registration, and others will want them before that. But you will be notified (by post or email usually) when they want to see them. If you haven't lied about your qualifications, you have nothing to worry about.
Thank God.....and I worried myself to death... :mad:
Reply 3
Out of complete curiousity, why are you nervous about showing your certificates?
Reply 4
edinburgh, for example, asks you to send a photocopy.

he was probably scared because he hadn't done it yet and thought he might be too late or something.
Some universities ask you to present them on enrolment, which usually takes place during the first week of term. Others may contact you and request photocopies. Some may not even ask for them. Don't worry!
Reply 6
BTW if universities ask you to mail photocopies to them, make sure you certify them true. This can be done by stamping your school's logo onto the form, along with the signature of a representative of the school. :smile:
Reply 7
Knogle
BTW if universities ask you to mail photocopies to them, make sure you certify them true. This can be done by stamping your school's logo onto the form, along with the signature of a representative of the school. :smile:

Do schools actually do this any longer? I had to certify my written work for Oxford and my school refused to do it. Hence I had to go to the guildhall to do that and only the fact that my mum knows the guy who was responsible for that saved me from paying €20.
Reply 8
Jammertal
Do schools actually do this any longer? I had to certify my written work for Oxford and my school refused to do it. Hence I had to go to the guildhall to do that and only the fact that my mum knows the guy who was responsible for that saved me from paying €20.

Refused to do it? My school does it for free. I'm sure it helps that I maintain an excellent relationship with the admin staff, but still, I'm sure anyone could have their documents certified without being levied a fee.
Reply 9
well i only had to show them during enrolment week, but the uni's will have to see them at some point.
Reply 10
Knogle
Refused to do it? My school does it for free. I'm sure it helps that I maintain an excellent relationship with the admin staff, but still, I'm sure anyone could have their documents certified without being levied a fee.

They only certify grade reports for a fee of €1 on results day. Anything else and they have to ask our headmaster what takes them some weeks. Same goes for grade predictions: no we never did that, so we won't do it know. Really annoying.
Reply 11
Jammertal
They only certify grade reports for a fee of €1 on results day. Anything else and they have to ask our headmaster what takes them some weeks. Same goes for grade predictions: no we never did that, so we won't do it know. Really annoying.

Your school stinks of bureaucracy quite honestly. :/
Reply 12
i would have had no problems certifying them if needsbe, schools should do it for you especially if your off to a high profile uni.
Reply 13
ooh ****ty..dont know where my GCSE ones are..or My AS ones for that matter..I have my A level ones tho :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Knogle
Your school stinks of bureaucracy quite honestly. :/

Nothing to add... It's a prime example of German stereotypes. :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Hralipour
ooh ****ty..dont know where my GCSE ones are..or My AS ones for that matter..I have my A level ones tho :s-smilie:

You'll only need to prove you've met the offer. So if they asked for gcse maths/english, you'll need that. But if your a-levels met the offer, and you don't need as's then don't worry too much about that one.
U guys have any idea if Bristol or Sheffield is gonna ask for the certficates?? They didnt ask me yet.

And yes m1kes, I was scared because I thouse I thought it was too late to submit, (as Hello_its_me notified) :biggrin:
Reply 17
my friend was at sheffield she had to bring them to a course induction in the first week, but that was 2 years ago. It probably depends on departments too. Different departments/schools/faculties run things slightly differently.

Latest

Trending

Trending