The Student Room Group

Statistics Tutor. Help!

I'm a post graduate student who needs serious help with statistics. I'd like private paid tutor sessions. Whom among you is willing to tutor me or knows someone who would?? :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Original post by SpiritedLove
I'm a post graduate student who needs serious help with statistics. I'd like private paid tutor sessions. Whom among you is willing to tutor me or knows someone who would?? :s-smilie:

You're probably unlikely to find a specific stats tutor - most tutors will focus on the requirements of a particular exam level, e.g. GCSE, A level. That's not to say that no-one can help you, just that you may be advertising for something too specific.

When you say you need help with statistics, is the statistics at postgraduate level (which is going to cut down your options), or is it just that you need to use some statistics in your work and you don't have much of a maths background or haven't used it for a few years?

If you have specific questions, you can try posting in this forum to see if someone can assist you.
Reply 2

Or you can ask me? :tongue:

No, I'm joking, I agree with davros. What specific areas do you need help with. and what is your background?
Reply 3
Hey,

well, i'm a post graduate student who's doing psychology. But apparently, we're taking a statistics program called SPSS. & that is what I need help with, having that I have no background on it whatsoever.

Any guidance or support? :frown:
Reply 4
Hey,

well, i'm a post graduate student who's doing psychology. But apparently, we're taking a statistics program called SPSS. & that is what I need help with, having that I have no background on it whatsoever.

Your university will definitely have support for people learning SPSS for the first time. Just explain you've never learned it before and they they should be able to help.
Reply 5
Hey,

OK, well SPSS is a piece of statistical software which contains a huge range of statistical functions and analysis techniques. I've used it myself in the past but it was a few years ago and I'm sure it looks a lot different now. I wouldn't worry about it too much because I'm sure there are people in your department who can give you some advice or training notes on it.

(SPSS tends to be found a lot in social sciences departments, so there should be plenty of people around who don't specifically have a stats background but who can help you out.)

Quick Reply

Latest