The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well I dated two Romanians and they were pretty different, in a sense. One of them was a really absent boyfriend who was more concerned about selling drugs than spending time with me. The other was the opposite -- he didn't have a lot of money but genuinely listened to me and wanted to talk and know me for who I was. The other one just wanted a trophy girlfriend. I guess it really depends but they can be very traditional. Both the guys I was with were very traditional -- I was the woman, therefore they would always pay, they would always open doors etc. which was quite nice.
Reply 2
What's the difference between one man and another? Alot!
Every man is different, but a good friend of mine who used to date one of my besties is Romanian - and I've even met his family and friends. Very family-orientated, reasonable listeners, caring if they like you and they like to know as much as possible (nosy lol) and they eat regularly - there's always food involved, and they always pay.

But like I said, all men are different - I haven't got enough information to stereotype them yet - maybe in the future lol.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on what Romanian men/women are like? I heard that the men can be quite traditional, possessive, and macho, yet I also heard that they can be extremely caring and have a great sense of humor.

So what are they like? What is it like dating a Romanian?

Just check your street drain covers and anything metal is still intact, you should be fine.

Oh and don't leave him or her alone in your house. You will end living with the lad/gal's family in your house.
Reply 4
I imagine similar enough to dating anyone else, just keep an eye on your wallet.
I have a baby with a Romanian man and he's kind, caring, looks after our baby helps cook, cleans but he bets a lot so think they have an addictive nature. The vampire thing is weird because I once heard my partner say he likes my scent which I was like "I smell like any other clean human", he goes no my scent is sweet, freaked me out lol
Reply 6
Most Romanians I know are quite decent. They can be very reserved and stick to themselves but not rude or anything. But then again this is at university, I hear a lot different about the ones who are poorer and recently immigrated.
Original post by Millie228
I imagine similar enough to dating anyone else, just keep an eye on your wallet.

:bird:
Original post by jazzykinks
One of them was a really absent boyfriend who was more concerned about selling drugs than spending time with me..

That's obviously why you got with him then. Girls love that persona, even if you try to deny it. :laugh:
Ugh they constantly travel around Romania in their caravans going on about transylvania and vampires and eating onions to stop them. This is usually while avoiding other terrible drivers on the road and swerving out of the way of stray hounds.
They're alright, although they'll steal the engagement ring from you long before you propose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by phoenixsilver
They're alright, although they'll steal the engagement ring from you long before you propose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seriously? What gross generalisations. :colonhash:
I'm Moldovan (which is kinda the same nationality), I would say that the men are very confident and traditional. I'm not quite that

I however merged with my inner 19th century English aristocratic being, so I am a bit odd. But generally, yes, Romanians are nice people and they care for their family. Family is very important back in the east. Expect lots of gatherings.

loooool good 1
Thanks for stereotyping part of my family and some of my friends guys.

Don't you just love it when foreigners call you a thief without even knowing you?
been to romania and the romanian gals are really hot
All Romanians I've met (not Roma) are really nice and hardworking.
It's really annoying how brits are so quick to stereotype people who are newcomers to the country. It's massively insulting to the majority who are cool people.

Mindless and ignorant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FrostyLemon
Ugh they constantly travel around Romania in their caravans going on about transylvania and vampires and eating onions to stop them. This is usually while avoiding other terrible drivers on the road and swerving out of the way of stray hounds.

Where did u get that from? :K: U been to Romania before to say that?
(edited 6 years ago)
I have a Romanian boyfriends of 2 years. All I say is watch your bank card. All your money for that matter. Oh and yes family is the most important to them! A little to important. If someone ask for money in my partners family then you must give it no matter what it's for. This really really pisses me off. As you could imagine. Every one cheats everyone. Everyone is after money all the time! With a small family it ok it's not to bad but when your partner has 10 other siblings its crazy!

Latest

Trending

Trending