The Student Room Group

Fooled around with family friend - how to approach him?

Scroll to see replies

I'd suggest just saying hi and respect that he has a girlfriend.

If you decide to behave otherwise, practice safe sex. Though if you think that not being shaved down there is reason not to go further, perhaps you will be sensible and not go there.
Why are so many people (only girls from what I can see) absolving all responsibility from the girl who knowingly sucked the dick of a guy who has a girlfriend? Where is your moral fibre? Obviously the guy is at fault, but I cannot comprehend how people can think this girl is not in the wrong for doing this. I would never get with a girl who I knew was seeing someone. Wanna know why? I'm not a ****. Simple.
Reply 42
Original post by dosvidaniya
Why are so many people (only girls from what I can see) absolving all responsibility from the girl who knowingly sucked the dick of a guy who has a girlfriend? Where is your moral fibre? Obviously the guy is at fault, but I cannot comprehend how people can think this girl is not in the wrong for doing this. I would never get with a girl who I knew was seeing someone. Wanna know why? I'm not a ****. Simple.

Because she is single, he is not...he should control himself, the OP owes nothing to the guys girlfriend. He knows the circumstances with his girlfriend, its up tp him whether he will stay faithful or not.

I was cheated on alot by my ex-partner and blamed the other girls at first then came to the realisation that it is not their fault at all...the problem lies with him and not the other girls. Morals do not have a place where penis is concerned, in my humble experience of course...
Original post by ProfessorPester
Everyday i find a thread that some woman just can't control themselves. I just love it when women try to justify their actions or the actions of others of the same sex.

What about the guy who is in a relationship but cheated on his girlfriend?
You just hate women in general don't you. :rolleyes:
I'm not saying the OP's behaviour is right, because it isn't, it's totally wrong. But you're blaming the woman when the man quite easily could have said no and stayed faithful to his girlfriend.
Original post by Law2013
Because she is single, he is not...he should control himself, the OP owes nothing to the guys girlfriend. He knows the circumstances with his girlfriend, its up tp him whether he will stay faithful or not.

I was cheated on alot by my ex-partner and blamed the other girls at first then came to the realisation that it is not their fault at all...the problem lies with him and not the other girls. Morals do not have a place where penis is concerned, in my humble experience of course...

How can you not see that they're both wrong? Honestly. If you was cheated on then that sucks, and if that happened to me then that relationship would be over. But to say it's not her fault at all is wrong in my opinion, she knowingly slept with a guy who had a girlfriend, that is wrong. Can you not see that? In your case, I'm looking at this from a different perspective from you, as an outsider. And you seem to be far too focussed on directing your own anger instead of looking at the bigger picture, they're both wrong.

Plus morality comes into every action that we make. Lets look at an extreme example, a girl sleeps with a guy who has a wife and kids. She has knowingly split apart a family. Now, don't get me wrong the guy has no excuses for sleeping with another person whilst being in a relationship and would probably find it somewhere else if it wasn't from her. But it wasn't. She did it, she let herself become apart of something that affects an innocent woman and her family. Now are you telling me you cannot see anything wrong with the actions of that girl?
Original post by Rock Fan
Convienient that he forgot to tell you he had a girlfriend, yeah I know it's hard to turn off your feelings but if he keeps calling back then you should really just block his number and tell him to sort things out with his girlfriend, because clearly he isn't happy but then again I don't understand why he wasn't single if all he wanted to do was shag around.

iv learnt from my 50 million previous mistakes, if he does it again, im not gonna talk. he wanted a girl while at uni, and a girl while at home. thats all.

it may sound stupid, but he always said the right things.

i was innocent back then :wink: didnt know what i was doing
Reply 46
How can you not see that they're both wrong? Honestly. If you was cheated on then that sucks, and if that happened to me then that relationship would be over. But to say it's not her fault at all is wrong in my opinion, she knowingly slept with a guy who had a girlfriend, that is wrong. Can you not see that? In your case, I'm looking at this from a different perspective from you, as an outsider. And you seem to be far too focussed on directing your own anger instead of looking at the bigger picture, they're both wrong.

Plus morality comes into every action that we make. Lets look at an extreme example, a girl sleeps with a guy who has a wife and kids. She has knowingly split apart a family. Now, don't get me wrong the guy has no excuses for sleeping with another person whilst being in a relationship and would probably find it somewhere else if it wasn't from her. But it wasn't. She did it, she let herself become apart of something that affects an innocent woman and her family. Now are you telling me you cannot see anything wrong with the actions of that girl?

I am also looking at it as an outsider, I have no anger at all!! I have been on both sides, being cheated on and having sex with a guy in a relationship/married. The onus falls on the person who is in the relationship, if I was in a relationship and I cheated it would be nobodys fault but my own! Of course the girls actions are "wrong" but the blame is more on the married man with kids...if you were offered your dream job, yet knew it would mean a parent with kids would then loose their job or not be offered the job would you then decline the offer because of "morals"...you could be splitting up a family? Causing them finacial hardship?
Original post by Law2013
I am also looking at it as an outsider, I have no anger at all!! I have been on both sides, being cheated on and having sex with a guy in a relationship/married. The onus falls on the person who is in the relationship, if I was in a relationship and I cheated it would be nobodys fault but my own! Of course the girls actions are "wrong" but the blame is more on the married man with kids...if you were offered your dream job, yet knew it would mean a parent with kids would then loose their job or not be offered the job would you then decline the offer because of "morals"...you could be splitting up a family? Causing them finacial hardship?

I'm not looking at it through the guise of accountability or blame, I'm just saying both are objectively wrong. That is all that matters. If you are the one in the relationship, then it is only going to affect that person externally. But it doesn't make the actions of the girl any less wrong. Which I think you agree with...?

But then you say things like "if the attached guy cant control himself and stay faithful to his girlfriend, it is his own fault!!" and "OP owes nothing to the guys girlfriend" which I think is obviously morally wrong on your part, won't you agree? The last bit I don't really understand, if you have worked hard to get a job and are given this opportunity over somebody else, that is not morally wrong. You have not ****ed over somebody else to get there, unlike sleeping with somebody else's boyfriend/girlfriend.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
I'm not looking at it from the guise of accountability or blame, I'm just saying both are objectively wrong. That is all that matters. If you are the one in the relationship, then it is only going to affect that person externally. But it doesn't make the actions of the girl any less wrong. Which I think you agree with...?

But then you say things like "if the attached guy cant control himself and stay faithful to his girlfriend, it is his own fault!!" and "OP owes nothing to the guys girlfriend" which I think is obviously, morally wrong on your part, won't you agree? The last bit I don't really understand, if you have worked hard to get a job and are given this opportunity over somebody else, that is not morally wrong. You have not ****ed over somebody else to get there, unlike sleeping with somebody else's boyfriend/girlfriend.

The situation is "wrong", not neccessarily the girls actions. Do I think it is morally wrong? Not really. Maybe I just have little to no morals regarding cheating?! Everyone has different standards, you personally wouldn't sleep with a girl who was in a relationship- Have you ever been in such a situation btw? She could be your dream girl, perfect in every way, her only flaw being she is in a relationship. She could be "the one".

The last part, yeah I probably did not word it very well.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Why do people say we fooled around. You didn't fool around, you sucked his dick. That's what happened. Don't sugar coat it.

My thoughts exactly. She did coat something with her own sugar :tongue:
Original post by Law2013
The situation is "wrong", not neccessarily the girls actions. Do I think it is morally wrong? Not really. Maybe I just have little to no morals regarding cheating?! Everyone has different standards, you personally wouldn't sleep with a girl who was in a relationship- Have you ever been in such a situation btw? She could be your dream girl, perfect in every way, her only flaw being she is in a relationship. She could be "the one".

The last part, yeah I probably did not word it very well.

Well I guess we're on different wavelengths on this. And yes I have been in such a situation, in the sense that I've really wanted to be with a girl who was already in a relationship. But I didn't try anything because I would feel like a ****, particularly because the boyfriend was quite a decent guy. It's just something that would never even cross my mind to be honest.
Reply 51
Well I guess we're on different wavelengths on this. And yes I have been in such a situation, in the sense that I've really wanted to be with a girl who was already in a relationship. But I didn't try anything because I would feel like a ****, particularly because the boyfriend was quite a decent guy. It's just something that would never even cross my mind to be honest.

But if she had tried something with you, would you have really turned around and said "no, get your mouth off my penis as you have a boyfriend". In this instance, it is different as you knew the boyfriend it seems.
Original post by Law2013
But if she had tried something with you, would you have really turned around and said "no, get your mouth off my penis as you have a boyfriend". In this instance, it is different as you knew the boyfriend it seems.

Quite a picture you've painted haha. But yes, I would not go on with it if I knew she was seeing someone. I can understand how in the moment you might be tempted but I'm just not that kinda person. I've actually slept with a girl, unknowingly, who had a boyfriend and even then having known it was not my fault at all, I still felt a bit of a prick.
Original post by Law2013

The OP should control herself too. Both are equally responsible in this situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending