The Student Room Group

Random guy asks if I will marry him!

Scroll to see replies

You were probably being trolled/guy was under some dare.
Reply 21
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Hi people,
I see this guy absolutely every single day on my way to the bus stop. I don’t know his name and I’ve never smiled at him or anything. This morning he comes up to me in a public place and asks if I will marry him! He also had a ring with him! I was like “WHOA!!!!! I don’t even know you mate”. It was soooo embarrassing because everyone literally stopped and stared and plus everyone in that area known me. He is not bad looking but just isn’t my type and is about 19. I just walked away; I did not know what to say, I mean I was in shock- you would never expect to be proposed on a dull Tuesday morning by a stranger. I have been asked out before but this one was asking to marry me! But then he followed me and I told me he really liked me but I said no. He got really angry and said ‘At least I didn’t rape you! So is that a yes then”. I mean WTF!!! :eek: And that’s when I decided to run.
So now the problem is that I presume that he lives locally and I really don’t want to see him again (by the way, he is one of those bad boys and all) and that’s just not my type. I’m actually quite scared, what if he does come after me?
What can I actually do? I can’t change my route because that is the closest bus stop and the next bus stop is about 30 minutes walk. Shall I confront him and tell him to leave me alone?
Help? Any advice would be appreciated. :smile:

now that's YOLO taken to the extreme lmaoo

I doubt he really wanted to marry you it was probably some dare from friends or something
at first :rofl:

then :lolwut:

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Redolent
To be honest I don't think you can be too cautious about someone who genuinely thinks they can persuade someone to marry them by saying "At least I didn't rape you!"

You sure it wasn't a joke? This all sounds way too ridiculous to be for real[/QUOT

He seemed pretty serious- I mean why would you chase a girl down a dark street at 6.30am- just to scare her? I don't know.
Original post by Rupi
No offence... but how old are you? Age has a lot do with it-esp if you are way older than he is. Plus, they say that you are less likely to get divorced if you marry someone you don't know. How do you know he is not your type if you have not spoken to him? Give him a chance!

Then again-was he serious? Are you sure he wasn't playing some pervy joke? He could be a stalker!!

No offence... but you're completely insane.
Original post by Rupi
Was he Asian? I am not discriminating in any way because I am Asian...

yeah he was Asian, how is that relavent?
Hi people,
I see this guy absolutely every single day on my way to the bus stop. I don’t know his name and I’ve never smiled at him or anything. This morning he comes up to me in a public place and asks if I will marry him! He also had a ring with him! I was like “WHOA!!!!! I don’t even know you mate”. It was soooo embarrassing because everyone literally stopped and stared and plus everyone in that area known me. He is not bad looking but just isn’t my type and is about 19. I just walked away; I did not know what to say, I mean I was in shock- you would never expect to be proposed on a dull Tuesday morning by a stranger. I have been asked out before but this one was asking to marry me! But then he followed me and I told me he really liked me but I said no. He got really angry and said ‘At least I didn’t rape you! So is that a yes then”. I mean WTF!!! :eek: And that’s when I decided to run.
So now the problem is that I presume that he lives locally and I really don’t want to see him again (by the way, he is one of those bad boys and all) and that’s just not my type. I’m actually quite scared, what if he does come after me?
What can I actually do? I can’t change my route because that is the closest bus stop and the next bus stop is about 30 minutes walk. Shall I confront him and tell him to leave me alone?
Help? Any advice would be appreciated. :smile:

Do you think perhaps it is some sort of joke? That is totally odd.. but having said that I've read a few stories on the web that seem to talk about odd men behaving like that. It was definitely a good idea to get out when he said 'rape'. Get a rape alarm and then just tell him if he really liked you.. and he respected your decision he would let you go. Sounds like a stalker though. If you have a car get in it and drive around a bit to get rid of him if you see him on the street.

I really don't know why men think they can get woman by doing that. Some men are so desperate, and again rape is just another form of desperation. Urgh just hearing about all that rape on the news makes me angry and to read this.. is just. :/ wth is up with men?
(edited 11 years ago)
What a fruit cake, fancy going out his way to make you feel that uncomfortable.
do you feel scared? you could do him for harassment saying 'at least i didnt rape you' is not funny, facking weird and actually quite threatening i would make sure you block him from fb from seeing your page and other internet things. don't acknowledge him or apologize to him. keep you phone on record if he goes after you again.
Original post by hannahchan
Do you think perhaps it is some sort of joke? That is totally odd.. but having said that I've read a few stories on the web that seem to talk about odd men behaving like that. It was definitely a good idea to get out when he said 'rape'. Get a rape alarm and then just tell him if he really liked you.. and he respected your decision he would let you go. Sounds like a stalker though. If you have a car get in it and drive around a bit to get rid of him if you see him on the street.

I really don't know why men think they can get woman by doing that. Some men are so desperate, and again rape is just another form of desperation. Urgh just hearing about all that rape on the news makes me angry and to read this.. is just. :/ wth is up with men?

Exactly! I don't know why men think that, and he has really hurt me, I guess he grabbed me too tight :frown:
Original post by MetropolisBoy
at first :rofl:

then :lolwut:

How very nice of you to creep me out even more.
Reply 30
That is crazy haha
Maybe be somebody dared him to do it as a joke?
yeah he was Asian, how is that relavent?

South or East Asian?
Reply 32
This can't be serious. OP he must've been trollin,Don't change your bus stop because of it. If you see him again,stand your ground and let him know that you don't want him doing that again. If he is serious and it gets out of control, then definitely get help.
Change your style, wear fake glasses, dye your hair change your bag change your style of clothing and change the style of
Makeup, moreover to boost the effectiveness listen to music full blast with earphones thus you wont be able to hear him and contantly look occupied thus extinguishing his candle of hope :biggrin: hope this helps :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by rhstar
This can't be serious. OP he must've been trollin,Don't change your bus stop because of it. If you see him again,stand your ground and let him know that you don't want him doing that again. If he is serious and it gets out of control, then definitely get help.

He i like always there. Since I've starting catching the bus from that stop he is there- no joke. I don't think I want to go back to that bus stop.
Exactly! I don't know why men think that, and he has really hurt me, I guess he grabbed me too tight :frown:

..... what do you mean? how?

so you have been standing close to him?
Original post by hannahchan
..... what do you mean? how?

so you have been standing close to him?

Hell no!!!!! It's when he was stalking me and then he grabbed me to say he really liked me- I told me to F*** off!!!!!!
Original post by The Troll Toll
No offence... but you're completely insane.

Riiiiiiiiight...........Have you seen your profile picture lately??? Just saying....
Hell no!!!!! It's when he was stalking me and then he grabbed me to say he really liked me- I told me to F*** off!!!!!!

You should tell someone if he continues to stalk you. There was this guy that stalked my friend for a while and then she filed a police report against him. But he was like in his thirties with a ginger beard-he was this perv who used to stand outside the back of our school gates watching all the girls as they walked in...
Why didn't you just tell him the truth there and then instead of running away? Just tell him loud and clearly that you're not interested and tell him to leave you alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending