Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Champions League Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Did you read what I said, or understood what I meant because I think you did neither.
    He was complaining about drogba, so I basically said that there's a ****load of players from teams that do dickish things like that, hence I wrote that list. Ashley young and gareth bale can be included. Didn't alex ferguson even tell off ashley young for diving?

These things happen, and people can stop being all high and mighty about their players being angels and never getting red cards or diving.
    I just saw your comment and it made me laugh, didn't read what you were replying to

Yeah he did have a word with Young and im glad he did. I hate seeing our players dive a million times more than I hate seeing other teams players do it.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    I just saw your comment and it made me laugh, didn't read what you were replying to

Yeah he did have a word with Young and im glad he did. I hate seeing our players dive a million times more than I hate seeing other teams players do it.
    Thank you. Watching drogba do that was shameful at times. I know he did it to break up play which was helpful, but it was still scummy, as much as I hate terry at times and believe he deserved the sending off, sanchez is a ****ing ****, he looked like he tore his hamstring and came back and was fine, he then complains about terry when they lose like a sore loser to detract the media from the fact his team lost.

Ribery apparently broke his ankle when drogba clipped him too for the penalty which was soft but was a deserved penalty. No one complains or talks about that. That's basically where I was getting at.

I don't condone tactics like this. I honestly think drogba went overboard with the barca one because of revenge, but he's still a dick for doing it.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Concrete_Angel)
    :emo: I'm still proud of you Spurs...its an improvement on previous years nevertheless.
    Hey...I can not return a message to you because your inbox is full! It seems it is not the 1st time this has happened...sort it out otherwise we are unable to chat eh!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There had been done everything for Munchen's victory, but they didn't want to have CL cup...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure about that, the reason why 5 teams picked up more points because of chelsea was because of villas boas, we were in deep crap, but were playing the football that you guys would say is winning football because it was more attractive.

Di matteo did the best he could and had the hardest run in, are you telling me that arsenal, united, tottenham or even city would handle a run in including tottenham, barca, arsenal, barca, liverpool twice in one week and newcastle all in the space of a month. Tottenham had the easiest run in and bottled it. Arsenal crashed at the start of the season against newcastle, liverpool and man united. Tottenham were banged by the manchester clubs twice in quick succession with each other. We did well to actually sustain a top 4 challenge in those circumstances.

Also half of the barcelona players are cheats and shouldn't play football again and are a bunch of disrespectful *****, so is franck ribery, arjen robben, pepe, ramos, marcelo, di maria. The list can go on.

Dude

You shouldn't insult former players unless they really cross the line i.e. join the local rivals and there's nothing esspecially wrong with most of those players.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHansa)
    Dude

You shouldn't insult former players unless they really cross the line i.e. join the local rivals and there's nothing esspecially wrong with most of those players.
    Like I've said with davesmith99.
    Read what I ****ing said properly and what I was replying to.

They said drogba was a cheat, I put a list of cheats who do the same thing and according to them shouldn't play again. Ribery's antics vs real madrid were similar to that of drogba's against barca at stamford bridge. Sanchez acting like he tore his hamstring when terry kneed him in the back then draws a foul on mikel trying to force a yellow card like a dickhead.

But no one complains about poor sanchez, di maria, pepe, busquetts who apparently have the pain thresholds of 5 year olds. Ribery had an ice pack on his leg because drogba barely clipped his leg for the penalty(which was a deserved penalty tbf). Like come on seriously?!!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I'm actually quite annoyed about it. Chelsea didn't capture imaginations a la Barcelona/Madrid (even Bayern at points throughout this campaign), but we didn't cheat, and that, in my mind, is the only think that allows one to suggest that a team or athlete doesn't 'deserve' a win. By all means state that you'd have preferred alternative means on the way to the trophy, but please stop pretending there's an objective way to play that makes a team 'deserve' a trophy/win.

All it seems to be at the moment is non-Chelsea fans saying that we played anti-football so immoral it would put Hitler et al. to shame.
    This. People are forgetting that there's two sides to the game, attacking and defending. Great attacking football may be nicer to watch but everyone's gotten so caught up with the spanish game these last few years that they think every game has to be end to end stuff.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hockeyjoe)
    This. People are forgetting that there's two sides to the game, attacking and defending. Great attacking football may be nicer to watch but everyone's gotten so caught up with the spanish game these last few years that they think every game has to be end to end stuff.
    I'll rather have cagey defensive football especially in the big games where you have a strong team in counter attacking like bayern or real madrid but I respect the styles of play that each team plays. Football is football after all. As long as you're following the rules(forget the anti football brigade) then it's fine.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, I really don't think our defending was exceptional in the final. It wasn't as bad as some of the people on here are making out, but we did concede a lot of chances.

Having said that, some of the words people have been throwing around here with regards to our performances are just ludicrous.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Difference between being a defensive rock solid wall and just being okay defensively. Bayern had numerous chances which you guys allowed and they didnt take. Far from a defensive masterclass which is the most annoying thing when people say that.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Althought Chelsea could have been more attacking in the final and pose more of a threat going forward, did anyone see how quick Bayern were to close down Chelsea when they had the ball even in their own half? It's not as easy as some are making it out to be.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DidierDrogba1_1512455a.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	149914

Why are we not giving this man a two-year deal?!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    as much as I ****ing hate Roman Abramovic and a number of Chelsea FC players and their fans and basically everything about them. And I do, i ****ing hate them. Any arguments about the 11 players on the pitch are just pathetic. They won the European cup, beating the team considered best in the world along the way in one of the most magnificent games of CL i've ever seen. They won it fair and square and deserved to be crowned champions and can be extremely proud of themselves for that. Any complaint just looks like sour ****ing grapes, almost certainly because it is. Get a life.
    Fair enough with the rest as fair play Chelsea won (I do believe Bayern lost it more than anything, Gomez and Robben particularly awful) but how in any sense was it a magnificent game? It was very dull and one of the worst CL games i have seen.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DidierDrogba1_1512455a.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	149914

Why are we not giving this man a two-year deal?!
    His age, he's club legend now though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I feel like an idiot now for weeks i have been saying Chelsea had absolutely NO CHANCE! I have been saying things like there is more chance of samoa winning the world cup than Chelsea winning the CL, gomez to score a hatrick, robben to score finnese goal like in fifa 12 :facepalm2: and so on... lol

Well done Chelsea! Lets hope Arsenal wins it next year with us being the underdogs:awesome:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll rather have cagey defensive football especially in the big games where you have a strong team in counter attacking like bayern or real madrid but I respect the styles of play that each team plays. Football is football after all. As long as you're following the rules(forget the anti football brigade) then it's fine.
    ****ing hell, you've just won the biggest trophy in club football, enjoy it rather then constantly arguing with these douchebags. You won it fair and square, you shouldn't have to justify your win to anyone.

And I don't get why some people are so bothered about how they won, if Drogba had dived and won a pen that won them the game then fair enough, but nothing like that happened so quit moaning. Jeez.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Fair enough with the rest as fair play Chelsea won (I do believe Bayern lost it more than anything, Gomez and Robben particularly awful) but how in any sense was it a magnificent game? It was very dull and one of the worst CL games i have seen.
    I was talking about the barca game
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about the barca game
    They again were very dull. :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    that was a great game of football. it had everything, attacking, constant last ditch defending, red card, penalty miss, several players having to play on after getting bookings that would rule them out of one of the biggest matches of their lives, an awesome goal, one of the best teams in the world beaten in their own back yard by a great dramatic last minute goal.

I don't know what's wrong with you if you found that game boring. i'm inclined to think you just have some other issue going on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    that was a great game of football. it had everything, attacking, constant last ditch defending, red card, penalty miss, several players having to play on after getting bookings that would rule them out of one of the biggest matches of their lives, an awesome goal, one of the best teams in the world beaten in their own back yard by a great dramatic last minute goal.

I don't know what's wrong with you if you found that game boring. i'm inclined to think you just have some other issue going on
    It wasn't boring then... just average. We went to the pub and watched that and i've been to the pub and watched far better games. Honestly if you consider it it is the Torres thing which people think about at the end. No he didn't win it for Chelsea. If he did that would have been more exciting. But his goal meant nothing. Funny enough though talking about that me and my mate wanted to find the odds of Torres to score next when he came on. We both could see it happening. Odds couldn't be found. That game played into Torres' hand as he's so good on the counter.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 22, 2013
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.