The Student Room Group

Access - Applications

Hi All,

Just wondered if any other Access to HE students had sent off their UCAS yet and are currently playing the waiting game?

I thought we could help keep track of this for each other and update when/if we get offers.

Date UCAS Sent: Friday 19th October
Universities Applied To: Bath, Warwick, L'boro, York and Sheffield
Subject: Psychology C800/C801
Offers?: None currently.
Any other info: Acknowledgements from all except Sheffield, apparently they don't send acknowledgement emails.

Scroll to see replies

Date UCAS Sent: Sent my part on 16/10/12 but still waiting on my tutor's reference which I am chasing like hell...
Universities Applied To: Nottingham, Southampton, Royal Holloway, Kent and Sussex
Subject: History and Politics (Modern History and Politics for RHUL and Soton)
Offers?: None currently (hardly surprising :wink: )
Any other info: Also got two A levels I'm completing on the side.

So desperate for Nottingham!!
Reply 2
Original post by EMassey
Date UCAS Sent: Sent my part on 16/10/12 but still waiting on my tutor's reference which I am chasing like hell...
Universities Applied To: Nottingham, Southampton, Royal Holloway, Kent and Sussex
Subject: History and Politics (Modern History and Politics for RHUL and Soton)
Offers?: None currently (hardly surprising :wink: )
Any other info: Also got two A levels I'm completing on the side.

So desperate for Nottingham!!

My tutor was very good with my reference, I emailed him as soon as I'd sent it to UCAS and he logged in and did it within 20 minutes and even sent me a copy. It made me blush as it was such a good reference, couldn't have been more pleased with it. So, the wait may be worth it!

Nottingham did make my shortlist but not my final 5. Good luck with your application tho :biggrin:
I'm extremely jealous. I asked for mine last Monday!! Been chasing up my teachers and my tutor ever since then. I understand he has things to mark but my UCAS is my future! If he gets me out of the way, then he can concentrate on all the others for the college deadline. I don't think I'll get to see it either.

I just want it sent off ASAP preferably by half term (I did want it earlier but there ya go...) and now it doesn't seem like it's going to happen!
Reply 4
Original post by EMassey
I'm extremely jealous. I asked for mine last Monday!! Been chasing up my teachers and my tutor ever since then. I understand he has things to mark but my UCAS is my future! If he gets me out of the way, then he can concentrate on all the others for the college deadline. I don't think I'll get to see it either.

I just want it sent off ASAP preferably by half term (I did want it earlier but there ya go...) and now it doesn't seem like it's going to happen!

Our half term was this week so I was in the same frame of mind as you, wanted to get my application in before half term.

I'm now obsessed with UCAS Track and hitting F5 on my emails. Torture!
I can't wait for that :wink: I'm not back in college 'til Friday but I'm going to really get annoyed if it's no closer to being done! (Even my mother has threatened to go in!!! :colondollar:)
Reply 6
Original post by EMassey
I can't wait for that :wink: I'm not back in college 'til Friday but I'm going to really get annoyed if it's no closer to being done! (Even my mother has threatened to go in!!! :colondollar:)

LOL! Good old mums eh?

I can imagine it's terribly frustrating when it's the only part of your application holding you back. It's funny because I know some at college with me haven't even started their PS yet. I wish I could be that laid back sometimes!
Reply 7
I cant believe people have completed theirs already other than those applying for oxbridge, medicine etc
I havnt even started mine, at my college we are having individual meetings with our tutor about it and mine isnt until end of november. the college is having a couple presentations on how to write a personal statement and such, will go to those first.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Leoroary
I cant believe people have completed theirs already other than those applying for oxbridge, medicine etc
I havnt even started mine, at my college we are having individual meetings with our tutor about it and mine isnt until end of november. the college is having a couple presentations on how to write a personal statement and such, will go to those first.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with not having it completed. It's just in my nature, I always hand assignments in before their deadline etc. However if you are in a position and feel confident to get your application, then there is no reason why you shouldn't. Interviews are happening very shortly, even for non medicine/vet medicine courses.

I'd also had a mock interview through college, had my personal statement reviewed and several drafts before I sent my application so I felt prepared.
Reply 9
Original post by EMassey

I know how frustrating it it is waiting, I was in the same position last year but our tutor liked to wait and send all the applications just before Christmas break. I have to say it didn't affect our offers (I got four) so don't worry about it, just concentrate on getting your assignments done.
Original post by jami74
I know how frustrating it it is waiting, I was in the same position last year but our tutor liked to wait and send all the applications just before Christmas break. I have to say it didn't affect our offers (I got four) so don't worry about it, just concentrate on getting your assignments done.

Thanks :smile: our college deadline is the 20th November I'm just eager :tongue:

Unfortunately I've finished all of my current assignments and handed them all in well before the deadlines!

Are you currently at university or...?
Reply 11
Original post by EMassey
Thanks :smile: our college deadline is the 20th November I'm just eager :tongue:

Unfortunately I've finished all of my current assignments and handed them all in well before the deadlines!

Are you currently at university or...?

Yes I started at Brighton university in September after finishing my access course in June.

Well done on keeping on top of your assignments!
Reply 12
I'm doing an Access Combined Studies in History and Sociology :smile: Really enjoying it so far and just sent of my UCAS...
Applied for International Relations at Essex, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Swansea and Aberystwyth :smile:
Original post by KNLC
I'm doing an Access Combined Studies in History and Sociology :smile: Really enjoying it so far and just sent of my UCAS...
Applied for International Relations at Essex, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Swansea and Aberystwyth :smile:

Good luck and let us know when you get an offer :biggrin:
Reply 14
Date UCAS Sent: Pending due to my tutors personal life.
Universities Applied To: Liverpool John Moores, Leeds Trinity, Teeside University, UCL and UEL.
Subject: Forensic Psychology (Forensic Psychology & Criminal Justice - LJM).
Offers?: None currently.
Any other info: So yeah, I have my personal statement done and dusted and my whole UCAS application ready to go. However, my personal tutor is having a bit of a crisis in her life at the moment and is thus in no rush to give references out, though she says she'll definitely give them all out before Christmas. :|
Reply 15
So I got my first offer this evening. It was from Porstmouth, I'm dead happy :smile: anyone else with access had offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KNLC
So I got my first offer this evening. It was from Porstmouth, I'm dead happy :smile: anyone else with access had offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow congratulations!

No I believe you are the first Access student on here with an offer, unless others have been keeping quiet.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you send your UCAS?
Reply 17
Last Friday :smile: had 2 acknowledgments Saturday, one Monday and one yesterday and then an offer today... Think I may have got an offer quicker than other access students because I'm only 19 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KNLC
Last Friday :smile: had 2 acknowledgments Saturday, one Monday and one yesterday and then an offer today... Think I may have got an offer quicker than other access students because I'm only 19 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't have said its your age. Not many access students have applied yet.

What was the offer and what for?

I bet you are buzzing! Haha!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 19
Original post by ExWunderkind
I wouldn't have said its your age. Not many access students have applied yet.

What was the offer and what for?

I bet you are buzzing! Haha!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yeah a lot less stressed by it all now!

It was a conditional offer, its just said I had to pass the access course :smile: the degree will be in International Relations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending