The Student Room Group

Dundee Dental Applications 2013

hey everyone!:smile:

thought I'd make this up as a wee thread for anyone who applied for Dentistry at Dundee for 2013 entry!
has anyone heard anything from the Uni? I got an e-mail from them a couple of days ago, got really excited...it turned out to be that standard 'ukcat survey' which was slightly disappointing!

yeah so..basically for anyone who wants to chat and update about Dundee interviews/offers :smile:

cheers!

Scroll to see replies

Hardly anyone seems to have heard from them yet. Wouldnt worry. Think they give interview offers out sometime in november tho so we'll be hearing from them soon one way or another :O
did anyone receive an email recently with an attached document? I received it a few days ago and im quite clueless on what is it about. do i have to reply the attached document?
Original post by carmen jiamin
did anyone receive an email recently with an attached document? I received it a few days ago and im quite clueless on what is it about. do i have to reply the attached document?

No, you do not have to reply to that document, unless you are experiencing some factors, that could lesser your performance in applying to dentistry :smile:
Reply 4
I replied to that document because I could check 2 of the boxes, but I hope it doesn't mean they will take longer to process my application?! I don't know that we do hear back definitely in November, a girl in the year above me applied last year and didn't get told until late December about her Dundee interview. I just want to hear back from someone, it's stressing me out!
Reply 5
Hi guys!
I've applied for dentistry as well, got my UKCAT survey e-mail, MyDundee profile info and the attached document you mensioned, and still no news for the MMIs. I guess since dentistry is one of the most difficult courses to get into, they do consider the applications longer.... Still, I'm kind of stressed, a couple of my friends who applied for different unis and different courses already got an offer from at least one. I don't know how I'm going to wait until late November/early December for interview invitation, if they sent me one at all. Anyone else feeling the worriness already? : D Good luck to you all !
Reply 6
What kind of grades ukcat etc do you all have?
Reply 7
Original post by ilyaasr
What kind of grades ukcat etc do you all have?

I've applied for Dundee
GCSE's: 2 a*, 5 a,1 b, 3 c
AS levels: 5 a
A2 predictions: 4 a*
UKCAT: 687.5 average but 530 in verbal
About 2 weeks mixed dental work experience, D of E silver and an EPQ which is still pending
Reply 8
Original post by JeevenSD
I've applied for Dundee
GCSE's: 2 a*, 5 a,1 b, 3 c
AS levels: 5 a
A2 predictions: 4 a*
UKCAT: 687.5 average but 530 in verbal
About 2 weeks mixed dental work experience, D of E silver and an EPQ which is still pending

Awesome ukcat :smile: I'm a scottish applicant
I got eight 1's at standard grade, AAAAA at higher and predicted AAAB for advanced higher and scottish baccalaureate. 635 in ukcat, 2 weeks of work exp and loads of other stuff like international sport etc
Anyone heard anything?
Reply 10
Original post by Dentaltherapist15
Anyone heard anything?

No, nothing! I'm tearing my hair out here.. people applying for other courses are getting offers right, left and centre, and I'm still sitting here wondering if I'm good enough!

does anyone know when Dundee get back to us though?:smile:

I just want some communication..to know where I stand!
Reply 11
looking on other threads from last year, people didn't hear until right at the end of November :frown: I just want to hear now!
Reply 12
4 of my mates who applied for medicine all have interviews already arghh!!! Wish they'd hurry up :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by ilyaasr
4 of my mates who applied for medicine all have interviews already arghh!!! Wish they'd hurry up :frown:

at Dundee?! if so, hopefully we'll hear soon then :wink:
Reply 14
Awryt everyone,

Good luck with your applications. My stats are:

Standard Grade - 5 x 1's
Int 2 - 3 x A's
Standards and INT 2'S same exam cycle
Highers - AAAAB
AH's - ABC
UKCAT - 640
Work Ex - Roughly 2 weeks shadowing
Hey :smile:
I've also applied for dentistry at Dundee :smile:

GCSE - 7A* 3A
AS - 4a
Grade 6 practical piano - Distinction
11 days work experince
Lots of volunteering etc :smile:

(I'm Irish) :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
my stats are:
11111AAA at SG and Int. 2 (same cycle)
AAAAA at Highers in Eng, Maths, Bio, Chem and Physics.
predicted AAA in AH Bio, Chem and Physics

around 3 weeks w/e

ukcat:710
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone know when dundee will be offering interviews?
Reply 18
Original post by adam_johnson
Anyone know when dundee will be offering interviews?

Was meant to be this week (I emailed them) but I guess not...
Original post by ilyaasr
Was meant to be this week (I emailed them) but I guess not...

Dundee are always soo unorganised. I'm a re-applicant and last year they said they will be making after interview decisions by mid february and ended up sending them mid march!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest