The Student Room Group

What are the countries without a single decent university?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by anony.mouse
Professional organisations such as the royal society of chemistry or the british psychology society look at courses and if they like them and think they're of a good enough standard, they accredit them. What it means is that employers then know that you've been taught to a high standard if such an organisation approves of the course.

So how good the university have to be to have majority courses accredited from those organisation. I mean is it top 10 000 or top 5000.
I am sure they wouldn't accredited if I name my house a university and teach others some courses.
Original post by Dhaal_Chawal
I meant DR Congo, not Congo which is a different country.

Woah, I had no idea there were two different countries with similar names! That's flipping confusing, as I thought there was just the one Congo. Thanks for that info :yy:.
Reply 42
Try the Vatican City :wink:
Reply 43
Original post by INTit
Try the Vatican City :wink:

Pontificia Universita Lateranense ranked 4544 in 4icu.
Reply 44
Original post by Luffy.
So how good the university have to be to have majority courses accredited from those organisation. I mean is it top 10 000 or top 5000.
I am sure they wouldn't accredited if I name my house a university and teach others some courses.

There doesn't need to be a set standard eg. . The professional bodies will accredit a course if they feel it contains the relevant course content and allows the student to develop the professional skills need. The university's ranking is irrelvant Also rankings can differ quite significantly.

Moreoever, a university may have a modest general ranking but still have an excellent university.

Also, once again I must stress that the ranlking you're using is not an academic ranking.
Reply 45
Ur an idiot, u know nothing about universities and higher education. Not sure if u r enrolled in a uni or ur uni is not accredited. Lebanon has some Top world class universities check QS rankings. It has a uni ranked 244.Be sure to check before naming countries u know nothing about
Reply 46
Original post by anony.mouse
If that uni in the maldives was the only one available to you, then foreign companies wouldn't hold it against you much. Although if you were going for a job where everyone else went to oxbridge / ivy league USA unis, then you'd struggle. And no offense, but if you wanted a good job in Britain/ the USA, your English would need improving first.

Why?

These are educated guesses you could look up, not in Africa
Mongolia
Bhutan
Andorra
Lebanon
Nepal
Cambodia
Papua new Ginea
Belize
El Salvador

My above comment was regarding this