The Student Room Group

damn, male friend tried it on with me

riiight, i came back to uni early to get a week's worth of solid work done and a good friend on my course is up here too. he text me before and said we should go for a drink later; no harm in that i thought, so we did and went to a few pubs then went back to his flat to 'cotch' (to just relax and watch a bit of tv or whatever for those to whom such vocab is alien). i should probably emphasises further that we're actually quite good mates as in we're on the same course, in some of the same classes and get on well etc... anyway, when at his, we'd been watching a dvd and talking for a bit.. and out of the corner of my eye, i could tell that he was looking at me. i thought it might be the aimless random looking which people do when they're pissed and ignored it, but then he asked me "so have you ever swung the other way?" i was shocked. he then put his arm around my neck and closed his eyes and was going for it. i was like 'no, no no, i can't!' and it stopped there, but i feel so aah, he was a really good mate, and still is i guess... but aah wtf?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Out of interest; why, exactly, 'couldn't' you?
Make your feelings clear, ie that you DON'T swing that way, and that further advances will be very unwelcome. Just out of interest, did you know he was gay?
because she's not ready for a relationship at this moment
or she doesn't want to jeopardise the friendship
or it's not him, it's her

in other words....her friend don't cut her standards, so she no want him!
ohh...silence is a fella??

this is better than Grange Hill
Reply 5
....or because silence is a boy and not gay.

but really he loved it. lafawnduh is the best thing ever to happen to me. you'll find your soul mate one day.
MagicNMedicine

in other words....her friend don't cut her standards, so she no want him!

damn, male friend tried it on with me - "do you swing that way" :rolleyes:

EDIT: Sorry. Too late.
Reply 7
silence
riiight, i came back to uni early to get a week's worth of solid work done and a good friend on my course is up here too. he text me before and said we should go for a drink later; no harm in that i thought, so we did and went to a few pubs then went back to his flat to 'cotch' (to just relax and watch a bit of tv or whatever for those to whom such vocab is alien). i should probably emphasises further that we're actually quite good mates as in we're on the same course, in some of the same classes and get on well etc... anyway, when at his, we'd been watching a dvd and talking for a bit.. and out of the corner of my eye, i could tell that he was looking at me. i thought it might be the aimless random looking which people do when they're pissed and ignored it, but then he asked me "so have you ever swung the other way?" i was shocked. he then put his arm around my neck and closed his eyes and was going for it. i was like 'no, no no, i can't!' and it stopped there, but i feel so aah, he was a really good mate, and still is i guess... but aah wtf?!

Instinct tells me that he was gay by the sound of it.
Reply 8
Profesh
Out of interest; why, exactly, 'couldn't' you?

because i'm straight ! i know i handled it in the wrong way, but i merely thought something like "ah ! someone trying to get with me (regardless of their sex), i'll use the standard line like no i can't"... hmmm.
Hahaha. I blame Habs
MagicNMedicine

Its not him, its him lmao:biggrin: Sorry but ur post was just hillarious.
Reply 11
furthermore, didn't suspect or believe he was gay; he's had a gf before uni etc.. ah it's just odd.
Reply 12
mc_watson87
Hahaha. I blame Habs

LOL, perhaps, but it's not all their fault. aaaaagh!
i think we are talking a male friend on a male here magic and if that is the case you need to be clear in your own mind that you are straight and tell him that. basically men are a bit dull to signals and maybe you have been giving the wrong ones. be honest and very blunt. A friendship is a steak so be very very honest, state you value the friendship but that is it no more than that, unless you want more then you must be absolutly sure of that being on the same course makes it tough but this is a test of your frindship so see it through and work it out.
chester_lass83
A friendship is a steak.

???
Reply 15
chester_lass83
i think we are talking a male friend on a male here magic and if that is the case you need to be clear in your own mind that you are straight and tell him that. basically men are a bit dull to signals and maybe you have been giving the wrong ones. be honest and very blunt. A friendship is a steak so be very very honest, state you value the friendship but that is it no more than that, unless you want more then you must be absolutly sure of that being on the same course makes it tough but this is a test of your frindship so see it through and work it out.

In my case, of the 'exceedingly rare' variety.
Reply 16
chester_lass83
A friendship is a steak.

that is one of the most beautiful metaphors i have ever heard. there are tears, yes, actual tears in my eyes. *sigh*
:rofl:

In which case this one came from a gay cow.
Reply 18
haha. friendship is a steak, to be tossed and turned at one's will.
Reply 19
:biggrin:
chester_lass83
A friendship is a steak

oh i think i just wet myself. i gotta go to bed.

Latest