The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Kangaroo_rampage
Hi,
I have made this thread for anyone studying Chemistry f325 and sitting the exam in January 2013. Most people sitting this exam are resitting or sitting it for the first time. I am regularly going to post notes and I would like everyone to contribute with their own resources as well.
Good luck with studying guys

I am doing this exam too :smile::smile: i finished my notes should i post them:smile:
and quote me so we can ask questions
Original post by otrivine
I am doing this exam too :smile::smile: i finished my notes should i post them:smile:
and quote me so we can ask questions

Yeah go ahead and post up your notes.
Reply 3
Yeah go ahead and post up your notes.

ill do it tonight :smile: want to revise a bit on chapter 1 and 2 asking questions:biggrin:
Visit this site for all the old spec past papers: http://www.sci2.co.uk/chemistry.html
Reply 5
My sixth form said that it was too late to re-do Year 13, so I'm resitting this exam externally. Haven't started any revision, and I fear that I've forgotten everything :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Optical
My sixth form said that it was too late to re-do Year 13, so I'm resitting this exam externally. Haven't started any revision, and I fear that I've forgotten everything :frown:

do you want to revise
Reply 7
anyone up for some revision questions
anyone up for some revision questions

Yeah, lets get some revision started, I have mocks stating at the end of november
Reply 9
Yeah, lets get some revision started, I have mocks stating at the end of november

1) define:acid
2) define:alkali
An acid is a species which is a proton donor
An alkali is a base that dissolves in water forming OH- ions
Reply 11
An acid is a species which is a proton donor
An alkali is a base that dissolves in water forming OH- ions

correct my turn :smile:
Lets get all the How far? How fast? questions done this weekend from the site:

http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/OCR%20Chemistry%20A/OCR%20Chemistry%20A%20home.html

If we have any problems we can ask each other.
correct my turn :smile:

Define strong acid and weak acid.
What is the equivalence point?
Reply 14
Define strong acid and weak acid.
What is the equivalence point?

STRONG acid where the solution fully dissociates and weak acid is where it partially dissociates

Equivalence point =is where the volume of one solution is the same as the volume of a different solution
STRONG acid where the solution fully dissociates and weak acid is where it partially dissociates

Equivalence point =is where the volume of one solution is the same as the volume of a different solution

Correct, full marks!!

How much of this module have you completed so far?
Have you done any of the questions from this site: http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/OCR%20Chemistry%20A/OCR%20Chemistry%20A%20home.html
Reply 16
Correct, full marks!!

How much of this module have you completed so far?
Have you done any of the questions from this site: http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/OCR%20Chemistry%20A/OCR%20Chemistry%20A%20home.html

Yes i have :smile:

more question

1) What is buffer solution
2) define:conjugate
Yes i have :smile:

more question

1) What is buffer solution
2) define:conjugate

1) A buffer solution is a mixture that will minimise changes in pH on the addition of an acid or base.
2) Something that releases or accepts a proton, i think
Reply 18
1) A buffer solution is a mixture that will minimise changes in pH on the addition of an acid or base.
2) Something that releases or accepts a proton, i think

first one is correct
second nearly there its where the H+ differs and is where the species transform into each other by the gain or loss of a proton

my turn:smile:
What is the standard enthalpy change of neutralisation?
Define rate determining step.
Define the initial rate of reaction.

Latest

Trending

Trending