The Student Room Group

Recently got a new job... But now have another offer.

Hi all,

I've recently just got a new job and its ok, not amazing or anything but its not bad either, I can't I'm a fan of the hours as I've just come from Uni straight into full time work and obviously that takes a little bit of adaptation.

However, just finishing my second week at this place when I get an email from a company who I've previously had an interview with for another interview in another role. Apparently I 'just' lost out on the previous role after asking for some feedback from them.

Now, I'm currently in a graduate role and if I'm honest I'm not finding it all the great, almost as if its too much to learn and take in. This company left a big impression on me last time and I really wanted to work for them, so I'm thinking I'd go to this interview and would accept their offer if they did.

I've just been out with a good bunch of colleagues tonight and managed to get on well with all of them and really start talking to them for the first time, would I be out of order for moving job so quickly? All it says in my contract is that I'd have to give 2 weeks notice, it doesn't appear as if I'd be breaking anything at all. Just wanted some advice to see if I'm being unethical. I don't think my family would take too kindly to this either as they don't want me job hopping too much, plus I've done this before with Uni courses. The wages are pretty much identical and the new role would be more interesting to me personal, so any advice on what I should do and if I'm being unethical or anything?
Reply 1
Do it. So long as you give your contractual notice you won't be breaching anything.
Reply 2
No it wouldn't be unethical. But your reason for wanting to leave is a bit odd. In any decent grad role you should expect to have to learn and take in a lot. I would've thought this is what most grads want, you know, challenge.
Original post by Antzlck
No it wouldn't be unethical. But your reason for wanting to leave is a bit odd. In any decent grad role you should expect to have to learn and take in a lot. I would've thought this is what most grads want, you know, challenge.

This.

If the other job is genuinely going to give you more experience/a higher salary/better prospects for the future then go for it. If not. Then I would stay, you have no idea what the other job is like, and you've only been at this job for 2 weeks. The first month of a new job is always like this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending