The Student Room Group

Anyone else worried?

I guess I am just creating a discussion to see if anyone else is worrying about getting offers. I am sick with worry that my personal statement isn't good enough and I will get rejected! Please tell me I am not the only one?!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Petrified... and I haven't even sent mine yet! :smile:
Don't Worry
You'll probably get offers
getting the grades is the real worry
Reply 3
Me too ahhhh!
And I already have my grades, I am on a gap year at the moment so I'm relying on my PS now!

Original post by laurahillyy
Me too ahhhh!
And I already have my grades, I am on a gap year at the moment so I'm relying on my PS now!

ditto, i wish my grades were better...would make this a whole lot easier
*sigh*
:sadnod:
Reply 6
Do you have the required grades to get into where you want to go?

I will keep my fingers crossed for you all..

You're not the only one, I haven't sent off my UCAS application yet but I was thinking about the number of people that are going to apply for the same course who have most likely got better grades and more experience than me.

It doesn't help that I'm majorly stressed with school work and things going on at home either :frown:
Reply 8
I know how you feel, I am applying for a competitive course and I have no work experience. But I don't want to lie about it on my PS so will just have to hope for the best :-(

Reply 9
What grades do you need may I ask?

Do you have the required grades to get into where you want to go?

I will keep my fingers crossed for you all..

Not quite..and i really don't think i can retake any thing...i would have to get ABB for it to be worth it and i haven't got the strength any more :frown:

I need to finish my PS and finalise my decisions and contact my references...tho i won't be sending off my ucas till after mid November because i want to go to some late open days.
What grades do you need may I ask?

I want to apply to the ABB - BBB unis purely because they will be more organised and actually have a decent student union and good organisation.
if only all universities were equal.

I've been to somewhere where it was a complete waste of time and money.
Reply 12
Yeah, at first I was convinced that the hardest part was actually getting the offers but I realised I actually had to work really hard to get my grades lol. I know exactly how you feel though because I was in the same boat last year but you are bound to get at least one offer from the universities you applied for and if you find yourself in the very unlikely situation where you don't have offers, have a plan B in place so you it won't be too much of a blow for you.

But trust me, you WILL get offers and before you know it, you'll be having a ball at some freshers event or if you are a loser like me, sitting in your room at your uni accommodation reading about all the people on this forum panicking about getting offers for September 2014.
Good Luck! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Oh really.. That's interesting. I've applied to Bournemouth and have got my heart set on it now :frown:

Reply 14
Haha thanks, I guess that is some sort of reassurance!

I am sick with worry - especially when I keep seeing people getting offers and I haven't yet.

Yea am worried just waiting on my reference and then am sending it.

My favourite uni, bedforshire uni to study Physical Education (Secondary) 4 years with QTS. Am hoping i will get an offer, as i spoke to there admission and was told i would be considered. With what I got grades wise and work experience.

My second choise is Greenwich, Physical Education and Sport, three year degree where I would have to do a Postgraduate PE QTS course for another year. But i got the grades for this course and work experince.

my third and fourth choice are uni of brighton, 4 year physical education degree with QTS, Unlikely to get in due to my grades but hope that my work experience and qualification may help me.

fourth choice is st marys university college, three year degree sport and physical education. Again would have to do postgraduate. Again unlikely due to grades.

I could apply further north but want to stay in south due to family and boyfriend.
I am worried as well, but none had receive offer for my courses in my chosen unis so I don't have to worry too much just yet :smile:
i am so nervous :frown:
i know my ps is very weak and full of crap.
i have the grades but am really scared all unis will reject me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending