The Student Room Group

Any ULIP (University of London institute in Paris) applicants?

Haven't seen anyone else that's said they've applied there for 2013 entry, i applied 4th Oct and haven't heard anything! Any other ULIP potentials out there? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can't be the only one D:
Reply 2
I'm considering applying to the university of London in Paris but I just need to carry out a bit more research but good luck with your application! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by appleman123
I'm considering applying to the university of London in Paris but I just need to carry out a bit more research but good luck with your application! :biggrin:

Ah right, i'm so nervous! i sent my application off nearly a month ago and not heard anything, i'm just praying for an interview so i can try my best to impress them, there's so much more i want to say than what i said in my PS. Where else are you thinking of applying? :smile:

EDIT: I have an interview on the 14th December! :woo:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I've applied, I got an email today telling me about an interview on 14th December, its so exciting!
Reply 5
Original post by Chika569
I've applied, I got an email today telling me about an interview on 14th December, its so exciting!

me too! i cant wait :biggrin: have they sent you the test yet? i found it quite hard which has scared me a bit, still cant wait for the interview though :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by JSam1994
me too! i cant wait :biggrin: have they sent you the test yet? i found it quite hard which has scared me a bit, still cant wait for the interview though :biggrin:

yeah they sent it to me with the interview offer, but I haven''t even looked at it yet haha! does it look really hard?
Reply 7
yeah they sent it to me with the interview offer, but I haven''t even looked at it yet haha! does it look really hard?

Yeah, i printed it out and have to send it to paris via mail, i prefer to write than do it online, it might just be me but i think some of the questions are harder than the A2 paper! I thought there'd be more verb conjugations but there's only 5, its more adjectival agreements and things like that. I'm gonna finish it all today. Obviously not using a dictionary though, thats the hardest part! if they didn't want you to use external help, i wonder why they didnt just ask you to do it on the day of the interview? I'd feel like i was cheating my way in if i did though :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Yeah, i printed it out and have to send it to paris via mail, i prefer to write than do it online, it might just be me but i think some of the questions are harder than the A2 paper! I thought there'd be more verb conjugations but there's only 5, its more adjectival agreements and things like that. I'm gonna finish it all today. Obviously not using a dictionary though, thats the hardest part! if they didn't want you to use external help, i wonder why they didnt just ask you to do it on the day of the interview? I'd feel like i was cheating my way in if i did though :/

I just looked at it now, I didn't realise we'd have to write a passage I though it'd would all be grammar stuff! its so hard and for bits I didn't know I have to make up French words, it really is so hard to avoid a dictionary, they're going to think i'm a creative idiot with all the words I'll have to make up haha
Reply 9
Ah right, i'm so nervous! i sent my application off nearly a month ago and not heard anything, i'm just praying for an interview so i can try my best to impress them, there's so much more i want to say than what i said in my PS. Where else are you thinking of applying? :smile:

EDIT: I have an interview on the 14th December! :woo:

Sorry for the late reply I've been in Paris the past week (the irony)! Congratulations on your interviews guys that's great! And I am also applying to Kent and Cardiff and I need to decide on two more universities and yourself? :smile:
Reply 10
I just looked at it now, I didn't realise we'd have to write a passage I though it'd would all be grammar stuff! its so hard and for bits I didn't know I have to make up French words, it really is so hard to avoid a dictionary, they're going to think i'm a creative idiot with all the words I'll have to make up haha

I know! i found it so hard, i'm gonna post it tuesday i think, i found the last part especially hard, i dont think i wrote 150 words, something like 130ish? do you think it'll be a big deal? i wonder if it counts much to their final decision on making us an offer, i hope not :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by appleman123
Sorry for the late reply I've been in Paris the past week (the irony)! Congratulations on your interviews guys that's great! And I am also applying to Kent and Cardiff and I need to decide on two more universities and yourself? :smile:

Ah lovely, did you have a good time? :smile: I applied to Paris, Portsmouth, Newcastle, Nottingham Trent and Liverpool. I have an offer from Portsmouth and a rejection from Liverpool, waiting to hear back from Newcastle and Nottingham! Is Paris your first choice if you get an offer?
Reply 12
I have an interview too on the 14th what's this test?? I haven't had an email back to my yes to the interview ahhhhhh so scaredd :s-smilie:
Reply 13
I know! i found it so hard, i'm gonna post it tuesday i think, i found the last part especially hard, i dont think i wrote 150 words, something like 130ish? do you think it'll be a big deal? i wonder if it counts much to their final decision on making us an offer, i hope not :frown:

Also, do we take the test with us to the interview, or do we post it, I've ignored it for ages!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Also, do we take the test with us to the interview, or do we post it, I've ignored it for ages!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You send it to them, in the email they said when the deadline was, i'm not sure if it's the same for everyone, mine was 30th November, when is your deadline?
Reply 15
Original post by jbone17
I have an interview too on the 14th what's this test?? I haven't had an email back to my yes to the interview ahhhhhh so scaredd :s-smilie:

When they email you back confirming your time, they give you a test to do that you send to them, i found it really difficult! :frown:
Reply 16
When they email you back confirming your time, they give you a test to do that you send to them, i found it really difficult! :frown:

ahhhhh yes I've got it . . . the only bit I hate is the last writing exercise :s-smilie: I think I can hopefully get the rest
Reply 17
Hey guys, anyone here yet to actually send off their application? I'm a bit (bit) of a mature student so It's all been a bit of a slow process for me, hoping to get it sent off next week..
Reply 18
Hi there,
Just wondering if anybody has had their interview yet? I've got mine tomorrow, and it's the first uni interview I've had. I was just wondering what sort of things they ask? Is it completely in French?
I've also applied to UEA, Kent, Sheffield and Queen's Belfast, just wondering if anyone's applied/had an interview there?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Hiya Mines tomorrow as well!! I'm terrified :s-smilie: In the email it said partly french partly english so I think it depends on how confident you are speaking french. I'm guessing the usual kind of hobbies and then why here? why french? why should we choose you? kind of thing. What time is yours??
I've also applied for Sheffield, Royal Holloway, Exeter and Warwick and only offers no interviews apart from ulip.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending