The Student Room Group

Really nervous and un-confident, will I cope at university?

I am applying to university next year or the year after ontwo of them but am so scared about it which I know everyone is. I am 18 and amon a gap year working and going to get more experience in the sector I want togo into. Bascially though I am quite a shy person to begin with am worried thatit will be like school in that if you aren’t a super confident person you areleft out. I am excited about the idea of university and studying my course morebut worry that cause I am self conscious and hate things such as presentationsand talking in front of loads of people (through bad experiences) that I won’tbe able to cope as well as everyone. Is it a good experience and will itimprove my confidence more by going?
Don't worry. You will meet all sorts of people at uni - by absolutely no means whatsoever is everybody super confident! But I do think that going can boost your confidence so so much. Find 'your' type of people - if they aren't those who you live with, or on your course, then they'll be in a society. Everybody is nervous when they start uni, and in my experience I actually think that makes people a lot more accepting of each other. Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending