The Student Room Group

Should I make the gamble?

I'm so torn between whether I should make a uni choice that has a higher ent. req.

I've got 4 ABB and 1 ABC uni's in my choices and I've been predicted AAC, I know that I'm not that far off a B so that I could achieve AAB.

Course is Economics and Politics, I'd be looking at either Manchester or Bristol for the AAB but I'm worried that they wouldn't even consider my application and I can't call to ask since phonelines are off and internal deadline is end of the week.

Thanks,

OD
If you'd like to go to either manchester or bristol then applying to either isn't a waste of a space. They;re unlikely to reject you because of your predictions being slightly lower than their typical offer - if you meet their other criteria to get an offer then they'll make you the higher (AAB level) offer and leave it up to you to decide whether you're confident enough in exceeding your predictions to accept the offer.

Worst thing that could happen is you apply to both and they both reject you - in which case you'd still likely have 2 ABB and 1 ABC offer to chose from.

Wherever you apply use your choices for places you WANT to go to. It would be riskier to apply to an ABC university that you don't really want to go to than to apply for a AAB place that you do want to go to.

If you want to ease your pressure a little you can apply to 3 choices now and add another 2 later on when you'll know if you've got an offer from a university that you like.
What are you being predicted exactly? (not what you THINK you are being predicted).

I would make sure that you have at LEAST one school on there that you know you will get into. Aka. a "safety school"
Reply 3
Look at your AS results and your actual predicted grades. Don't assume you will be get 2 grades higher than your AS results. Be honest to yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending