The Student Room Group

Ex deleted me off fb after I deactivated my account

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Michaelj
You can't delete people whilst that person is de-activated as they appear invisible. :confused:

Original post by theronkinator
This, whilst the account is deactivated they can't delete you as the profile doesn't show on friends list. I think there's a way around this by blocking them, but I doubt most people try it (it might not even work anymore).

Both wrong. You can delete people, they show on your list but you can't access their profile as obviously it's not there. I've seen it on my own friends list.
Reply 21
With all due respect... She's your 'ex', so why do you care? Or do you still have feelings for her? In which case If I were you I'd raise the 'issue' with her, there's no point in asking us, we can't read her mind!
Maybe she got fed up with waiting for you, so she chose to remove you from her life.
There's lots of possibilities!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Vanadesse
Both wrong. You can delete people, they show on your list but you can't access their profile as obviously it's not there. I've seen it on my own friends list.

They've changed it since last time I did it about 2 years ago then.
Reply 23
Original post by Michaelj
You can't delete people whilst that person is de-activated as they appear invisible. :confused:

If you go on your friends list the deactivated profiles still come up but its just their name and the default facebook profile pic and you have the option to remove them if you wish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by theronkinator
They've changed it since last time I did it about 2 years ago then.

Same here because I remember searching for a friend who de-activated his account and I couldn't find him on my friends list. I first searched for him and then I personally searched IN my friends list. He told me he de-activated his account.
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous
Signed back onto fb after a couple days going quiet and deactivating my account only to find the ex of around a month had removed from fb.
Can anyone enlighten me as to why she would do this?

When we split, she was like don't cut me out of your life and I just said I would do my thing for awhile and text her when I felt up for it.
Obviously, I haven't felt up to it but now I query should I get in touch and raise the issue with her?

Should add, when I deactivated my fb I post a status saying I had stuff to deal with kinda like a reference to what we spoke of

I hope you get a better girlfriend who will treat you with respect. Life is **** sometimes but luckily its sometimes good. Your having a **** time now but later you will have a good time. So stay positive and don't deny those times because of one person. Don't over think it. In a year you will forget about it.
Reply 26
Ex's can behave weirdly. An ex of mine deleted me off of facebook for about a year, then added me back again, and every now and then she sends me messages asking questions about the sex we had or she'll say things like that she's so glad that she now knows what 'real love' is, and bla bla. I wouldn't read much into it. Whatever conclusions you come to will only be speculations, and probably they'll be wrong.
I deleted an ex recently after keeping him on for 5 years after our breakup. He might be confused by that but I think probably he doesn't care. If someone deletes you, it lets you know where you stand.
I think girls put more thought into whether they want to close the chapter on someone or not, but when they have closed it, it's not going to be reopened.

As a guy you just have to respect and accept this as these are the type of situations where you risk losing some dignity by chasing someone. When you make attempts to rekindle an old flame and you just get repeated rebuttals it is quite painful to have it slowly dawn on you that she is just not interested.

Always best to deal with getting over her on your own or with your own friends and don't make any contact with her or let her know how you're feeling. Guys often make the mistake of thinking that all girls want a guy with strong feelings for her and if you communicate this to her properly she will want you back, but that doesn't work, if she has decided to close the door on you, all you will end up doing is handing her a bit of power that will make her lose some respect for you.
Reply 29
Original post by miser
Ex's can behave weirdly. An ex of mine deleted me off of facebook for about a year, then added me back again, and every now and then she sends me messages asking questions about the sex we had or she'll say things like that she's so glad that she now knows what 'real love' is, and bla bla. I wouldn't read much into it. Whatever conclusions you come to will only be speculations, and probably they'll be wrong.

Lol what happened between you guys?
Maybe she just felt it was a bit silly to keep someone as a friend when they deactivated their account?

I've done that before.
Reply 31
Sent her text explaining the deactivation and where I saw us. Don't really want a reply, it was for peace of mind and closure on my end.
Didn't bring up the fb thing, but I'll probably reactivate my account sometime soon and just leave it be.
Reply 32
Original post by MattyJo
Lol what happened between you guys?

Placed in spoiler tags to not detract much from OP's topic.

Spoiler

So what? You broke up.

Quick Reply

Latest