Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth Applicants - Student Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by AberystwythUni_James
Hi thytan,

Welcome to the Aberystwyth University Forum :smile:

When it comes to applying for your halls of residence you can specify which hall you would like to live in. On the application form you just specify your first, second, third, etc choice.

Regarding the twin room... you can live with someone who you know. If you want to do this however, you need to be quick as the deadline for this type of accommodation ends midnight tonight. What you need to do is:

Both log in to the online application system: https://accommodation-online.aber.ac.uk/portal/en/login.php
Both apply to the same hall with twin room
You will then need to associate yourselves with each other... I recommend you email the Accommodation Office on [email protected] (copying in your room mate) telling them you would like to live with each other.

I hope that helps you :smile:

Regarding your other points... what exactly would you like to know? Just ask with your questions and I'll try to help you :smile: I would recommend you start off by introducing yourself on this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2660647

Best regards,
James :smile:

Midnight tonight?! That's kinda rushed for me. Is the deadline for the accommodation for the september intake or for other intakes? As my semester (should I enter) will only start on the 23rd of September.

How long does it take to travel from aber to London/Manchester?

Thank you in advance.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Hello,

I will study "Scenography and Theatre Design" from September 2014 at Aberystwyth University.
I'm really really nervous, because first of all: I'm from Germany and a mature student (23 yrs).

I'll be glad about every help I can get .

(I'm sorry for: grammar, spelling…mistakes)
Original post by thytan
Midnight tonight?! That's kinda rushed for me. Is the deadline for the accommodation for the september intake or for other intakes? As my semester (should I enter) will only start on the 23rd of September.

How long does it take to travel from aber to London/Manchester?

Thank you in advance.

Hi thytan,

That deadline was for this September intake... I've just spoken to the Accommodation Office to confirm what I previously said. They have asked you email them with all the details so that they can help you and your friend ([email protected])

Aberystwyth via the train is roughly five hours and to Manchester is about 3 hours 30 mins... Have a look at our maps section on the website which may be useful: http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/maps-travel/

Let me know if you have anymore questions :smile:

James
Original post by Gloomster
Hello,

I will study "Scenography and Theatre Design" from September 2014 at Aberystwyth University.
I'm really really nervous, because first of all: I'm from Germany and a mature student (23 yrs).

I'll be glad about every help I can get .

(I'm sorry for: grammar, spelling…mistakes)

Hi Gloomster,

Welcome to the Aberystwyth University Forum! :smile: That's brilliant that you're studying Scenography... a fantastic degree at a superb department!

There really is no reason for you to be nervous. Aberystwyth is an incredible friendly place and full of students who are in the same position as you - we have an incredible sense of community and many ways to help you settle into university life - so you will be absolutely fine :smile:

One of our student bloggers (known as #AberInsiders) is a mature student (39 years old) and studies in your Department: Check out his blogs - http://insiders.aber.ac.uk/iblog/?page_id=56
As well as TSR you can also chat to fellow students on our 2014 Aberystwyth University Social Group on Facebook :smile: They'll also make you feel very welcome before you arrive.

Let me know if you have any questions

Cheers,
James
Reply 224
just wondering, if I live in seafront halls next year how long does it take to walk to the uni and morrisons? And do a lot of people there get bus passes?
Original post by jnny
just wondering, if I live in seafront halls next year how long does it take to walk to the uni and morrisons? And do a lot of people there get bus passes?

Hi jnny,

I would say to uni is about 15 mins walk and morrisons is about 31 mins...
walk1.jpg

I would probably get myself a bus pass which is £65 for the year. The buss stops outside morrisons.

Hope that helps,
Hi, I did the accommodation application online a while ago, ranked them etc., and was just wondering when I will hear from the Uni next? Will it be after results now?
Original post by ClockEnd
Hi, I did the accommodation application online a while ago, ranked them etc., and was just wondering when I will hear from the Uni next? Will it be after results now?

Hi ClockEnd

Are you Unconditional? Or conditional?

If you are conditional you will hear from the Accommodation Office after Results' Day once you meet the conditions of the offer and have accepted us on UCAS track. Same goes with activating your Aber Uni account details.

If you are unconditional they process applications in batches so you should hear soon.

If in doubt drop them an email: [email protected] or give them a call on +44(0)1970 622984

Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great. Thanks a lot.
Original post by ClockEnd
That's great. Thanks a lot.

No problem :smile: If you need anything just get in touch :smile:

James
Hey, I am first year and going to be in seafront residences. What kitchen stuff will I need to bring? Thanks :smile:
Reply 231
Hey, on results day does anyone know if will Aber email me to say whether I have my place or not and at what time they would normally do that?
Reply 232
Original post by thatguy170296
Hey, I am first year and going to be in seafront residences. What kitchen stuff will I need to bring? Thanks :smile:

I believe it is the same stuff you need to bring for all halls, im going into my 3rd year and will be in PJM all you need kitchen wise is plates, bowls, glasses etc, cuttlery, and any cooking utensils you will require including pots. No actuall kitchen appliances are needed the uni provide cooker, kettle, microwave, toaster and such like. Hope you enjoy living on seafront and hopefully we wont have the storms that we had this year
Original post by thatguy170296

Hi thatGuy.

One of the AberInsiders wrote a list of handy kitchen ware items for you to bring :smile: http://insiders.aber.ac.uk/iblog/?p=1127 Hope it helps :smile:

Original post by jnny
Hey, on results day does anyone know if will Aber email me to say whether I have my place or not and at what time they would normally do that?

Hi jnny,

Yes we will be emailing you - I could write exactly what will happen, or, you can watch this handy video we made :smile:
https://bitly.com/1kLiv3f

Cheers both,
James
Hi thatGuy.

One of the AberInsiders wrote a list of handy kitchen ware items for you to bring :smile: http://insiders.aber.ac.uk/iblog/?p=1127 Hope it helps :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by AberGal
I believe it is the same stuff you need to bring for all halls, im going into my 3rd year and will be in PJM all you need kitchen wise is plates, bowls, glasses etc, cuttlery, and any cooking utensils you will require including pots. No actuall kitchen appliances are needed the uni provide cooker, kettle, microwave, toaster and such like. Hope you enjoy living on seafront and hopefully we wont have the storms that we had this year

Thanks! and yeah heard about them storms but its not putting me off haha, good luck in your 3rd year! :smile:
Hello! I'm going to Aberystwyth through clearing and I'm quite happy about it tbh!! I don't know very much about the different accomodation so could anyone please tell me where is best etc? :smile:
Original post by emma-jayne1995
Hello! I'm going to Aberystwyth through clearing and I'm quite happy about it tbh!! I don't know very much about the different accomodation so could anyone please tell me where is best etc? :smile:

Hi Emma-Jayne,

We have some great accommodation! Check out the website: http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/accommodation/types-accommodation/ we have just created a new Virtual Tour for you too!

James
Hi ClockEnd

Are you Unconditional? Or conditional?

If you are conditional you will hear from the Accommodation Office after Results' Day once you meet the conditions of the offer and have accepted us on UCAS track. Same goes with activating your Aber Uni account details.

If you are unconditional they process applications in batches so you should hear soon.

If in doubt drop them an email: [email protected] or give them a call on +44(0)1970 622984

Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

what about if I have an unconditional place but accepted it as my insurance choice? As I didn't confirm my place until after results day, will I hear back as though it was a conditional offer?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JindleBrey
what about if I have an unconditional place but accepted it as my insurance choice? As I didn't confirm my place until after results day, will I hear back as though it was a conditional offer?

Hi JindleBrey,

What I would suggest with this situation is to call the Clearing Hotline on +44(0)1970 608 599 as I don't want to give the wrong information. Once your details (UCAS number and name) is known then the operator can help you :smile:

Best regards,
James

Quick Reply

Latest