The Student Room Group

Dating a tall girl?

I'm 6'1 I was thinking about dating some tall girls i know that have great personalities . Some people are telling me girls my height or taller would be a bad for me because of my image. What image? I still look like man if though I'm with one. I though love more about personality not looks.

Scroll to see replies

Thats great that you made the point about personalities. I 100% with you there.

But remember that most people will make judgements on appearances. And for whatever reason, men are portrayed as having to be taller than women in films, tv, and in music, despite it rarely being the case.

There are alot of couples involving shorter men to taller women, and they work fine. But we're told its not meant to work so expect some people to comment on it :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by DontJudge
Then why do you want a tall girl if you care more about personality than looks, what wrong with petite girls.

Did you read my post? I was talking some I know that have a great personality. Most of the girls I been with were short.
Reply 3
I like taller women, I'm 6, 3 myself and i dunno how to explain it, but with a taller woman ... say 6ft + you feel like you are actually with a woman as opposed to a girl.

That is not to say the petite girls are any less attractive, its just a different sort of attractiveness, people might comment on it, but to quote Shallow Hal

Hal: Okay, who do you think is the most beautiful woman in the world?
Mauricio: Wonder Woman.
Hal: Okay... let's say everyone else in the world thought Wonder Woman was ugly.
Mauricio: It wouldn't matter. Because I know they'd be wrong.
Hal: See! That's what I had with Rosemary! I saw a knock out, I don't care what anybody else saw!
Reply 4
Original post by cid
I like taller women, I'm 6, 3 myself and i dunno how to explain it, but with a taller woman ... say 6ft + you feel like you are actually with a woman as opposed to a girl.

That is not to say the petite girls are any less attractive, its just a different sort of attractiveness, people might comment on it, but to quote Shallow Hal

Hal: Okay, who do you think is the most beautiful woman in the world?
Mauricio: Wonder Woman.
Hal: Okay... let's say everyone else in the world thought Wonder Woman was ugly.
Mauricio: It wouldn't matter. Because I know they'd be wrong.
Hal: See! That's what I had with Rosemary! I saw a knock out, I don't care what anybody else saw!

I still see a short girl as a woman because they are but tall girls just have more to look at lol. More legs, more body and etc.
You date who you want to date, screw what anyone else thinks! :smile:
Reply 6
Anymore thoughts?
Don't listen to that rubbish. Why are you letting people's opinions dictate your life and what you want to do? Do what makes you happy. Who cares about 'image'? Society is heavily judgemental. People get judged for everything. No one or nothing is ever good enough. If you're nice you're seen by some as fake, if you speak your mind you're seen by some as a horrible person, if you're outgoing you're seen by some as annoying, if you're a smiley person you're seen by some as superficial, if you're a shy person you're seen by some as suspicious and unfriendly.....The list goes on and on.

In life not everyone is going to be happy with everything you do. It is much easier to simply do what makes you feel happy.
Reply 8
Original post by moonlightjazz
Don't listen to that rubbish. Why are you letting people's opinions dictate your life and what you want to do? Do what makes you happy. Who cares about 'image'? Society is heavily judgemental. People get judged for everything. No one or nothing is ever good enough. If you're nice you're seen by some as fake, if you speak your mind you're seen by some as a horrible person, if you're outgoing you're seen by some as annoying, if you're a smiley person you're seen by some as superficial, if you're a shy person you're seen by some as suspicious and unfriendly.....The list goes on and on.

In life not everyone is going to be happy with everything you do. It is much easier to simply do what makes you feel happy.

Why is society likes this thought? :frown:
Reply 9
Who would cares it's not like the 6ft+ girls are destined to be alone and its personal preference as long as you're happy with them then it shouldn't matter :smile:

But if your friends watch The Inbetweeners prepare for a lot of size related jokes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Didn't you make a thread like this before :tongue:

But yeah go for it, date who you like!
Original post by justsomeonelol
Why is society likes this though? :frown:

Life isn't perfect hun. Life is cruel and people are mean. The best thing you can do is put an imaginary middle finger to society and do as you please. Life is too short to give a damn about what other people think.

I used to cry at the way society was - how people were so cruel, how shallow people were, how innocent people got killed etc. Now I have just accepted the harsh facts and learned to stop trying to please everybody else for once and please MYSELF. I am the only person who will ever live in this body and you only live once so I want to do the things that make me feel happy.

Once you adapt this attitude towards life it becomes so much easier. I wish I had built this mindset earlier.
Reply 12
That's sweet, definitely do it :smile: If they have good personalities and you're interested go for it :smile: Height shouldnt be something that prevents you from doing so! :smile:
Original post by jojo1995
Didn't you make a thread like this before :tongue:

But yeah go for it, date who you like!

This is my last one trust me.
Life isn't perfect hun. Life is cruel and people are mean. The best thing you can do is put an imaginary middle finger to society and do as you please. Life is too short to give a damn about what other people think.

I used to cry at the way society was - how people were so cruel, how shallow people were, how innocent people got killed etc. Now I have just accepted the harsh facts and learned to stop trying to please everybody else for once and please MYSELF. I am the only person who will ever live in this body and you only live once so I want to do the things that make me feel happy.

Once you adapt this attitude towards life it becomes so much easier. I wish I had built this mindset earlier.

I see. Are you a tall girl yourself or you just see some of the messed up people say? Sometimes i worry because my friends act so against. One time i was interested in this one girl that was 5'10 that was latina. They said I was dating a man. I'm like wtf.
Original post by justsomeonelol
I see. Are you a tall girl yourself or you just see some of the messed up people say? Sometimes i worry because my friends act so against. One time i was interested in this one girl that was 5'10 that was latina. They said I was dating a man. I'm like wtf.

I'm a 5"10 girl. Don't listen to them. I'm talking about society in general not really my own experiences of being a tall girl.
Height doesn't come into it for me personality and other things are way more important, being 6'4" I don't think I've ever met a girl near my height. I also kind of have a thing for shorter girls, they are cute.
I'm a 5"10 girl. Don't listen to them. I'm talking about society in general not really my own experiences of being a tall girl.

I see. In your life what did you hear that messed up in your experience.
Original post by AgentSushi
Height doesn't come into it for me personality and other things are way more important, being 6'4" I don't think I've ever met a girl near my height. I also kind of have a thing for shorter girls, they are cute.

When you are over 6ft tall you don't run into many girls taller than you.
Reply 19
my ex was about 2-3 inches taller than me, **** the system :excited:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending