The Student Room Group

What do you consider to be good grades at A Level?

Eg. just A or above? What about B's and C's? Are they regarded as a sucess?
Reply 1
Quantify your own level of success, and go for that. What do you want to do life, and thus, which grades do you need to achieve?

I got an A and a B in design tech and electronics respectively. I was fine with those grades. Not over the moon. I could've achieved A*/A if I'd tried harder. Yet, I was so proud of myself (and my parents thought it was a great success) that I got a C in AS maths and A2 physics. I needed the maths to get into uni.

So yeah, whatever works is what you should aim for.
Reply 2
A*AA would be a dream but more likely I'll get AAB, good grades at alevels are equivalent to work put in, in most cases
Reply 3
doesnt matter as long as you try your best
Reply 4
There is no cut-off point for good and bad grades. Good in this case is subject to the opinion of an individual. Someone might be predicted CDE and achieve BCC and be absolutely over the moon and think what they've achieved is brilliant. Someone else who is on track for straight As or A*s may be devastated with those grades, and anything less than A*AA.

Good grades are ones that reflect your true ability, and ones that you are happy with.
Reply 5
I got AAB (we did not have A* when I did my A-Levels and I doubt I'd have got one anyway) and I thought that was good. Based on this website, I am probably below average lol
Reply 6
Like some others, my most optimistic predictions for A2 are A*A*A*.

It's safe to say I doubt I'll get those :P

But I think that even if I get a grade or two lower I'll be happy knowing I tried my best and there wasn't much more I could do.

Be realistic in what you want - but don't be afraid to aim high (like my teachers) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest