The Student Room Group

UCAS Mistake

Hi,

Today I recieved an unconditional offer but I was asked to send proof of my qualifications via email.

While scanning in my results I realised I forgot to put General Studies on my UCAS application, in General Studies I got a D.

Will this affect my unconditional offer? It was an honest mistake and at our school we had a general studies day and then took our exams so it was something which was quite easy to forget about.

Help? Advice?

P.S. The uni will now know that I've recieved a D in General Studies as its on my results letter I scanned into them.
Original post by ram9184
Hi,

Today I recieved an unconditional offer but I was asked to send proof of my qualifications via email.

While scanning in my results I realised I forgot to put General Studies on my UCAS application, in General Studies I got a D.

Will this affect my unconditional offer? It was an honest mistake and at our school we had a general studies day and then took our exams so it was something which was quite easy to forget about.

Help? Advice?

P.S. The uni will now know that I've recieved a D in General Studies as its on my results letter I scanned into them.

Bite the bullet and ask them.

You are meant to declare any and every qualification you receive, so you don't cherry pick. However, it is General Studies, which they didn't include in your offer so there's a good chance they won't be so concerned.

Be honest now and you should be OK.

Good luck!
Reply 2
I didn't include general studies and I didn't think it mattered!

NOW YOU'VE GOT ME SO WORRIED.

WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS???
Reply 3
Thanks, I included an E and a D in my GCSE results in my application so hopefully they don't think im cherry picking becuase otherwise I wouldn't of included them, is it best to contact UCAS to get it changed? and if so will this mean the uni will be alerted and could they review my offer?
Original post by ram9184
Thanks, I included an E and a D in my GCSE results in my application so hopefully they don't think im cherry picking becuase otherwise I wouldn't of included them, is it best to contact UCAS to get it changed? and if so will this mean the uni will be alerted and could they review my offer?

I could be wrong but I don't think UCAS send out amended applications.

I know if a referee has missed off predicted grades then they don't and advise the referee to email the universities directly.

Either way you need to ring the Admissions Team tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending