The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Neuroscience 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LizTT
From Bristol? I just got offered to visit on the 5 Dec for Bristol Pharmacology!! but neuroscience, physiology and pharmacology are having visit days together. do you know if thats a probable offer, or do they invite most people to those days? I dont know? It seems pretty involved, like you have a go on the simulator man (stan), so i cant imagine they do that for alot of people?

Original post by master15t
just got an invitation to a pre-offer visit day :biggrin:

I am going to that pre-offer visit day for Neuroscience! Dead excited!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I've applied for Neuroscience :smile:

My AS grades were AAAB (Biology, Physics, Geology, Chemistry)
My predicted grades are A*A*A* (I've dropped Geol)
I have applied for Manchester, Bristol, Nottingham, UCL, and Cambridge.
So far I have offers from Manchester (AAA), Nottingham (AAB), a Pre-offer visit day with Bristol and some Questionnaire for UCL :smile:

Good luck to everyone!!
Reply 22
Original post by mollymango
I've applied for Neuroscience :smile:

My AS grades were AAAB (Biology, Physics, Geology, Chemistry)
My predicted grades are A*A*A* (I've dropped Geol)
I have applied for Manchester, Bristol, Nottingham, UCL, and Cambridge.
So far I have offers from Manchester (AAA), Nottingham (AAB), a Pre-offer visit day with Bristol and some Questionnaire for UCL :smile:

Good luck to everyone!!

Heyyy congratz on ur manchester offer, i take the interview went well any advice for me cause mine is next week. How are you finding the UCL questionnaire too
Heyyy congratz on ur manchester offer, i take the interview went well any advice for me cause mine is next week. How are you finding the UCL questionnaire too

Heeeey :biggrin: Yes the interview went well! It was quite clear that most people who had an interview would get an offer because we were already on the "short list"! There is nothing to worry about, the interview itself only lasts for about 15 minutes, and it's really informal and just like a chat. Just make sure you know your stuff about what you have written on your personal statement, but mostly, make sure you have a clear answer for "why do you want to study neuroscience?" :smile: I think you will be fine as long as your make it clear that you love Neuroscience and find it really interesting :biggrin:

I'm doing the UCL questionnaire as we speak! It's ok...I think I'm going to spend quite a bit of time on it though because I want to come across the best as I can! All intellectual like :wink: It's instead of an interview I think? How is yours going?
Reply 24
I was considering neuroscience. Can someone briefly tell me what it entails and most importantly, what career pathways branch out from this?
Reply 25
Heeeey :biggrin: Yes the interview went well! It was quite clear that most people who had an interview would get an offer because we were already on the "short list"! There is nothing to worry about, the interview itself only lasts for about 15 minutes, and it's really informal and just like a chat. Just make sure you know your stuff about what you have written on your personal statement, but mostly, make sure you have a clear answer for "why do you want to study neuroscience?" :smile: I think you will be fine as long as your make it clear that you love Neuroscience and find it really interesting :biggrin:

I'm doing the UCL questionnaire as we speak! It's ok...I think I'm going to spend quite a bit of time on it though because I want to come across the best as I can! All intellectual like :wink: It's instead of an interview I think? How is yours going?

Thats nice:tongue:, im doing the questionnaire too taking my time with it as well, the last question is looking quite dodgy though:biggrin:. Hope to send it by Monday i think, some scary stuff.
Thats nice:tongue:, im doing the questionnaire too taking my time with it as well, the last question is looking quite dodgy though:biggrin:. Hope to send it by Monday i think, some scary stuff.

The last question is horrible! Yeah I'm in manchester until saturday so I'll probably finish it on sunday :smile: I want to get it right!
Reply 27
The last question is horrible! Yeah I'm in manchester until saturday so I'll probably finish it on sunday :smile: I want to get it right!

yup i dont even know how much to write lol, and it must be perfect :colone:
Reply 28
Original post by charlotteadamss
Can I ask when you applied? I'm worried about ucl because I'm predicted a*a*b but the entry requirements are aaa.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Sorry I only applied to UCL for neuroscience (I'm applying for medicine)
Have you had a questionnaire?
Reply 29

About the last question, do u like type it in word and attach it as part of the e-mail or make space in the questionnaire?
About the last question, do u like type it in word and attach it as part of the e-mail or make space in the questionnaire?

I was making space in the questionnaire :smile:
Just sent my UCL questionnaire :biggrin: Fingers crossed!
Original post by anna123
I've just got it too :smile: Doesn't everyone get it who meets the minimum entry requirements?
How are you finding it? I don't like the fact they don't give you a word limit as I'm not sure quite how much detail to go in to :s

I thought UCL were giving out these questionnaires this year instead of interviews :smile: So it's kind of equivalent to that (me thinks anyway). I just sent mine back! I didn't like that either but I just put down everything I thought was relevant xD
Reply 33
I thought UCL were giving out these questionnaires this year instead of interviews :smile: So it's kind of equivalent to that (me thinks anyway). I just sent mine back! I didn't like that either but I just put down everything I thought was relevant xD

Oh right yeah that would make sense. I sent mine back yesterday! I wonder how many people they give it to compared to how many offers they make...
Original post by anna123
Oh right yeah that would make sense. I sent mine back yesterday! I wonder how many people they give it to compared to how many offers they make...

Hopefully not to many as that would give us a greater chance of receiving an offer! :biggrin: heheheh
Reply 35
omg omg omg just sent my questionnaire off:eek:. soo scared right now
Reply 36
Any idea how long before they get back to us?
Reply 37
I really havent seen any thread on this so here i am:tongue:. Feel free to post what unis you are applying to, ur AS grades, A2 Predictions and any offers if possible. Eg im taking chemistry, biology and further maths

AS grades- AABB
A2 predictions- A*AAAA with A in extended project and A* for Maths
Unis applied to- UCL, Kings, Manchester, Bristol and Nottingham.

got an interview with manchester only as of now

Hey I just found this forum! II feel so left behind only applied to UCAS today for Neuroscience....does applying early REALLY increase your chance of getting an offer(s)??!
I'm studying Biology Chemistry and Psychology (dropped Maths)

AS grades- ABBB
Predictions- AAA (plus A for Extended Project)
Applied to Leeds, UCL, Manchester, Nottingham and Westminster (in order of preference)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Hi guys! what on earth did you people write for the last question on the questionnaire for UCL? just wanna make sure i was going down the right track..!
Any idea how long before they get back to us?

I had an email response the day after I sent mine back. It just said "we will be in touch very soon"... sounds ominous.
How soon is very soon? I hope it's very soon...if that makes any sense at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending