The Student Room Group

GDL and University of Sheffield or MMU?

After thinking long and hard about it, I've decided to go into law via the GDL route. I've completed my application and just waiting for my tutor to send a reference. However, I'm struggling to decided between Sheffield and Manchester Met.

Manchester Met is a cheaper option for me because (a) the course fee is around £5,500 and (b) I live in Manchester. But Sheffield is a better university. Its an hour away on train, so not too much of a commute but the return ticket will cost £11 with a rail-card discount. I'm not yet sure as to how many days I would be required to go in, but either way it all adds up. The course is around £6,500, so a grand more than Manchester.

What should I do? Stay home and save quite a bit money or commute? What I essentially want to know is whether it matters where you complete your GDL.

Thanks
Reply 1
Anyone?
I'd go for Sheffield, brand name plays an important role in law, even though MMU may be good for a GDL.
Reply 3
Original post by jamespierce0987
I'd go for Sheffield, brand name plays an important role in law, even though MMU may be good for a GDL.

Thanks for the reply! My uncle studied law at Sheffield so he's very pleased about me wanting to go there, but I hope the expense is worth the reputation.
Reply 4
Can anyone else offer any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest