The Student Room Group

Bradford Clinical Science Interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by bad8oy
Lol I'm Asian aswell aha but trust me no good there some of the people talk horrible 'init' lol it's quite funny tbh

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Oh no, I hate slang :frown:
I'll just treat it as an experience of working around all sorts of people then
Reply 61
Original post by MedMed12

I can't reply to your visitors message as I can't get on your profile thing. But don't worry! I'm sure it'll all go alright, they carry on interviewing for ages :smile:
Reply 62

Lol :tongue: that was a generalisation some people are alright but a lot of them talk quite chavy :smile: you'll be fine :wink:

Reply 63
Original post by bad8oy
Lol :tongue: that was a generalisation some people are alright but a lot of them talk quite chavy :smile: you'll be fine :wink:

Haha I'm sure I'll adjust, or who knows! May discover a new side and come back with a completely new style!

So where else have you applied?
Reply 64
Haha I'm sure I'll adjust, or who knows! May discover a new side and come back with a completely new style!

So where else have you applied?

Lol I applied to Southampton Nottingham UEA and Lancaster for med how about you??

Reply 65
Original post by bad8oy
Lol I applied to Southampton Nottingham UEA and Lancaster for med how about you??

bristol
york
liverpool
keele

really wish I had done lancaster or UEA instead of bristol (has no PBL and no idea why I applied there. I think its because its near home ahah)
for medicine :smile:
Reply 66
bristol
york
liverpool
keele

really wish I had done lancaster or UEA instead of bristol (has no PBL and no idea why I applied there. I think its because its near home ahah)
for medicine :smile:

Good choices :biggrin: a lot of people at my school have had interviews from Liverpool :tongue: Make sure your up to scratch with current issues in the news they will ask you about them

Reply 67
Original post by bad8oy
Good choices :biggrin: a lot of people at my school have had interviews from Liverpool :tongue: Make sure your up to scratch with current issues in the news they will ask you about them

aha yes I've seen on TSR too! Thanks! Liverpool are quite open about their questions, so it means alot of candidates have the chance to direct the convo and say alot of what they want e.g. tell us where com skills helped you, whereas York for example they give you alot of scenerios and you have to deal with those ones :l
Reply 68
aha yes I've seen on TSR too! Thanks! Liverpool are quite open about their questions, so it means alot of candidates have the chance to direct the convo and say alot of what they want e.g. tell us where com skills helped you, whereas York for example they give you alot of scenerios and you have to deal with those ones :l

My friend said his didnt go so well :frown:

Reply 69
ohh no :frown: what happened? :frown: you can PM if youd prefer
I guess the problem with med is that its rare all 4 of your options will interview you, so you cant afford to muck it up. Liverpool is my top choice with York so I was hoping to get Bristol first ahah to use it as a practice.
I thought it was more of a casual interview and so did my college but I would urge you to take it very seriously as fellow candidates could have interviews with actual med schools but just have this course as a back up and they treat it very seriously. Dress very smart and formal it always makes a brilliant impression!

They asked me about a biological process not necessarily an organ but I chose respiration! They are impressed with good knowledge and try to trip you up as well!

They also asked me about the difficulties of an ageing population and what I thought that would mean in cases if treatment and diagnosis and the types of problems that arise from that etc and what type of problems the elderly population face with day to day life!

Be prepared and be organised too as they ask you your thoughts on the presentation as well!

Good luck guys!

thank you! I guess I'll just have to keep on waiting :tongue:
where else have you applied? :smile:
I've never been to Bradford before, so the interview experience shall be interesting!

I've applied to Birmingham for pharmacy as backup- offer AAB for that.
Manchester-medicine, Sheffield-medicine, Bristol-medicine and then ofcourse Bradford which I have an interview for next month. It's a pretty lenghty wait with medicine :redface: wish it was quicker.
Reply 72
Original post by DebbieBioMed
I thought it was more of a casual interview and so did my college but I would urge you to take it very seriously as fellow candidates could have interviews with actual med schools but just have this course as a back up and they treat it very seriously. Dress very smart and formal it always makes a brilliant impression!

They asked me about a biological process not necessarily an organ but I chose respiration! They are impressed with good knowledge and try to trip you up as well!

They also asked me about the difficulties of an ageing population and what I thought that would mean in cases if treatment and diagnosis and the types of problems that arise from that etc and what type of problems the elderly population face with day to day life!

Be prepared and be organised too as they ask you your thoughts on the presentation as well!

Good luck guys!

Aww thanks for all that help! I've got my interview in December and seems all aspiring medics have applied to CS as a back up lol!
How long was your interview? :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by UzairAhmadje
I've applied to Birmingham for pharmacy as backup- offer AAB for that.
Manchester-medicine, Sheffield-medicine, Bristol-medicine and then ofcourse Bradford which I have an interview for next month. It's a pretty lenghty wait with medicine :redface: wish it was quicker.

ohh nice! I've also applied to Bristol for Medicine, but I've heard nothing from them. Three students at my school have interviews with them already. Medicine the wait depends on the Uni tbh, some are lengthy others aren't, but hey ho! So is pharmacy your 2nd option if you don't get in/the grades or is CS at Bradford?
Reply 74
Original post by DebbieBioMed

Good luck guys!

well done! Just wondering when did you apply and what are your stats like?
Really hoping for an offer from here atleast :smile:
sounds like it went well for you so well done!
Reply 75
Sorry for interrupting people! Just wanted to ask anyone that's already had a Clinical Sciences interview as to whether they ask you to talk about any Biology/Chemistry topic, or a biological process? I'm not sure on what to prepare!
Original post by Komzzz
Sorry for interrupting people! Just wanted to ask anyone that's already had a Clinical Sciences interview as to whether they ask you to talk about any Biology/Chemistry topic, or a biological process? I'm not sure on what to prepare!

Biology topic, so about the circulatory system or respiratory system etc.
Reply 77
Original post by Komzzz

Original post by NutterFrutter
Biology topic, so about the circulatory system or respiratory system etc.

when are your interviews? :smile:
ohh nice! I've also applied to Bristol for Medicine, but I've heard nothing from them. Three students at my school have interviews with them already. Medicine the wait depends on the Uni tbh, some are lengthy others aren't, but hey ho! So is pharmacy your 2nd option if you don't get in/the grades or is CS at Bradford?

I really want Bristol because I love surgery and Bristol is quite heavy with surgery. Medicine is always such a wait :frown: Yes I guess it does depend a lot on the uni tbh. I suppose I applied for pharmacy incase I got a rejection from Bradford but since that seems to be going well and i'm hopeful for an offer, I don't think i'll be accepting the bham offer. But atleast I have it :biggrin:Good luck with your application dude! Bristol is really competitive, Oxford applicants think of it as their second option.
when are your interviews? :smile:

Mine was two weeks ago. :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending